What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin 2009 QLD v NSW

bartman

Immortal
Nice work teams, 5v5 always feels good.

Look forward to having a good read of these in coming days. Best of luck to all.

Dave Q

Coach
Be-elzebub has a devil put aside for me ...for me... for me (bam)

da na na na na na , da na na na na

So you think ...

The Colonel

Immortal
New South Wales

Dave Q - 89

This article comes very much from the left of centre. Well written.

Non Terminator - 87

A look at how Origin could have been based under the previous residency rules.

bartman - 91

A very different and some what more thoughtful look at the build up on game day.

Willow - 94

I'm a bit lost for words when marking this article. Very well written and its use of Adams, Shelley and the Twilight Zone were very effective. Fantastic article.

byrne_rovelli_fan82 - 87

A solid look at the change in fortunes of the Meblourne Storm since last years finals series.

Total 448

Defeated

Queensland

Amadean - 90

A good look at the changes to the NSW side and where the blame should really lie.

Azkatro - 89

A different article regarding the referees in that the writer seeks to defend rather than denigrate.

madunit - 85

A solid effort however it was a little disjointed.

miccle - 90

Very hard to mark an article based on grammar. Humourous and thoughtful. Good effort.

Titanic - 92

Quite hard to sum this article up. Very well written and a wonderful read.

Total - 446

POTM - Willow (NSW)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks ref. I'm also lost for words - don't remember the last time I was in the 90s club.

Great team effort from the Blues with everyone contributing from 1 through to 8. :clap:

Top effort from the Maroons :thumn and better luck next year. Looks a very high scoring match and tremendous reads throughout.

Titanic

First Grade
Protest, protest and more protest. Cry foul or fowl... that serial nuisance and infamous Maltese fence-sitter (you know who you are Mr. Dwarf) didn't allow us the necessary "down time" that's required to be right on our game... we'll be back even if it's not until next year... gutted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations Blues, a superb collection of rugby league musings.

That was a great effort Maroons, to be
beaten by the highest score of the season thus far is something we can all take something positive from. Personally that was a lot of fun and I thank you all for the camaraderie.

Willow, a top performance and deservedly the top score - the cream always rises to the surface. Goz, well orchestrated from the bunker.

The Colonel, thank you for the prompt marking and concise comments.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys I'm gutted, I'm sorry my sh*thouse score let us down.

I hope karma has finished with me now.

To the mighty Maroons, your articles could never be criticised, each one was bloody enjoyable to read. Congratulations on your achievement and hope to see you in the big match next year.

To the mighty Blues, well done boys, I feel blessed to have been team-mates with some of the people who helped to inspire to get into this game, and it has been an amazing ride.

Thanks also to the Colonel for quick marking. Cheers all round.

bartman

Immortal
Wow, what a match! Close result - well done to all on both sides, and thanks to ref for the prompt marking.

Congrats to Willow for POTM, and fellow Blues it's been an honour. Though I'm sure these Maroons will have our cards marked for the return clash next year!

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Thanks for the marking!

Congrats Willow and to us Blues! Woohoo!!

Big well done to the Maroons too, it just wouldn't be a great match without you guys, so see ya next year!!

miccle

Bench
Congrats Blues - a well-deserved win and fantastic reads all round. Willow, your piece was AMAZING and fully deserved the marks. Also loved the effort of my Rabbitohs colleague Dave Q - outstanding work as always, Mr Q!

Hard luck to my fellow Qlders. We put in a damn good show, and there's no shame in being beaten in a high quality affair like this one. Five articles out of the 10 cracked the 90 Club! Wicked stuff.