What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin 2021

A few years back NSW was suggesting they do away with SOO because they didn't think it was worth the time, I bet they are not saying that today.
They should have a solid team for a few years now baring injury.
Few up an comers for QLD in Walker and Walsh in next few years. But defense last night was terrible.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah defence wasn’t great but on the other side it’s something which they haven’t had to deal with before, that backline is as potent as I have ever seen, and Fittler lets them roam rather than play in a corridor like the players are used too. Imagine being a defender looking up and seeing both Tedesco and Trbojevic out the back ready for a play

Penrose_11

Juniors
The speed and strength of NSW is pretty awesome. Maybe Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow into centres and Capewell into back row. Fifita to bench to provide impact. He struggled with zero go forward from the pack. Papali back in will def hell the forwards. Ponga at fullback with Holmes onto the wing will also improve things. Not sure if it’ll improve by 44pts though

Meth

Staff member
I did sit up and watch it and I am a write off. I have a meeting with my kids form teacher in a few hours I just hope I don't fall asleep during it.

Yeah, and for what? A drubbing.

Good to see To'o and Luai go well

Blair

Coach
I've just cottoned-on that Origin II is on a stand-alone weekend.

OK, fine, but there's no Pacific Tests that weekend? I don't get that decision.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Walsh to play game 2.

f**king excited. Good on him, may be too early but is an absolute superstar.
Please please build the Warriors next 10 years around him

Fufu Andronez

First Grade

The kids about to be named starting FB apparently.

just madness and desperation by QLD.
Paul Green is clutching at straws. Odds on to be the worst origin coach in history after the end of the series once you add up for and against.

“I haven’t had anything to do with Reece, but by all reports he is a confident kid.”

Has he even seen him play coz it doesn't sound like he's even ever spoken to him haha?

Madness, but I'll still cheer him on, he's one of ours.

This seems pretty crazy to me. I'm sure his attack is up to it but his positional play in defence is still very much a work in progress. I can see him slipping all over the place as the Blues score try after try from kicks. Although if the trauma of it convinces him that his future lies in the halves then that could actually work out well for us!

JJ

Immortal
I get that he's exciting, but really disappointed they have picked him tbh

I get that he's exciting, but really disappointed they have picked him tbh
Yep, while playing Origin helps some players, not sure another 50 point thrashing will help him? Defensively and positional will be found out.

But ultimately congrats to him.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Good luck to the kid, but you feel the poor bugger is going to see plenty of Tedseco, Trbojevic, To’o, Mitchell and Addo-Carr 1 on 1 in open space

Blair

Coach
He just seems too young, especially when he's playing for the monstered Maroons.

He was also in some 'Hottest Men in League' story in Sydney's Daily Telegraph last week. I hope it all doesn't go to his head.