What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin 2022: The Decider

hindy111

Post Whore
I really enjoyed my pie last night..

The Charlotte's bakery pie did fine butnI still preferred Scotts. Plus they cost $1 each normal price. Had my Charlottes not been half price they'd cost $5 a pop.

My biggest issue was to much meat which made it difficult to eat. I burnt my lip and I had to concentrate whilst consuming.

TheParraboy

Staff member
The Charlotte's bakery pie did fine butnI still preferred Scotts. Plus they cost $1 each normal price. Had my Charlottes not been half price they'd cost $5 a pop.

My biggest issue was to much meat which made it difficult to eat. I burnt my lip and I had to concentrate whilst consuming.

Need to let it rest a good 3-4min, tastes better too than just feeling hot heat

strider

Post Whore

Such a slow cooking rookie

eels_fan

First Grade
Junior Bouwwwlo is overrated
Last time I checked making fun of a bloke based on his surname and cultural pronunciation is racist as f**k.

Is it ok because he is Polynesian?

if someone made a joke out of an aboriginal players surname pronunciation and used it as a form of slur against the bloke, they’d be turfed off this forum in 3 seconds

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Queensland's forwards played with more aggression and go forward as if that squad had been together for a while.

NSW's forwards barely got anywhere, Paulo and Saifiti did over 100 metres but there was no real back up. NSW shouldve gone in with another forward or two off the bench, instead of a bloke who's been playing the centres and had basically one good game all year. Jake T plays ok but shouldnt have been picked at prop.

Yes the effort in defence from NSW was there but they didnt help themselves with silly mistakes coming out of their own half in attack.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Queensland's forwards played with more aggression and go forward as if that squad had been together for a while.

NSW's forwards barely got anywhere, Paulo and Saifiti did over 100 metres but there was no real back up. NSW shouldve gone in with another forward or two off the bench, instead of a bloke who's been playing the centres and had basically one good game all year. Jake T plays ok but shouldnt have been picked at prop.

Yes the effort in defence from NSW was there but they didnt help themselves with silly mistakes coming out of their own half in attack.

Not sure about that

They only had a couple of forwards go over 100m. We only had 48% of the ball but ran more metres. Kinda weird considering we we camped on our line a lot

stats at nrl.com

Game was lost in two areas for mine

Last play in the first half QLD scored a try, thanks to day dream believer Toupu stuffing up. Gave them huge confidence going into HT

Talakia coming on , made a couple of handling errors deep in our own half. And missed Ponga who scored a soft try

QLDs kicking game was far better, both strategically and in distance . It’s this distance that maybe the perception is that their forwards dominated in attack, but they didn’t. They kept us pinned down on our line far too much.

No idea why we only used Burtons boot once (in the first half) , where Ponga shat himself and didn’t want to or couldn’t go near it

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
This actually looks pretty decent although I would swap Jnr and Jake T, but probably would have clean swept this series

1657855450098.png

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Not sure about that

They only had a couple of forwards go over 100m. We only had 48% of the ball but ran more metres. Kinda weird considering we we camped on our line a lot

stats at nrl.com

Game was lost in two areas for mine

Last play in the first half QLD scored a try, thanks to day dream believer Toupu stuffing up. Gave them huge confidence going into HT

Talakia coming on , made a couple of handling errors deep in our own half. And missed Ponga who scored a soft try

QLDs kicking game was far better, both strategically and in distance . It’s this distance that maybe the perception is that their forwards dominated in attack, but they didn’t. They kept us pinned down on our line far too much.

No idea why we only used Burtons boot once (in the first half) , where Ponga shat himself and didn’t want to or couldn’t go near it

Does Burton have a long kicking game or better one than Cleary's?

I get that his bombs are dangerous and Ponga really didnt look comfortable but I felt one shouldve been used at later stage, maybe at the last few minutes, instead of Cleary's chip kick.

At 12 -6 up they shouldve pinned QLD with a deep long kick but I guess they didnt think Tupou would silly enough to drop QLD's kick. I agree on that, big turning point in the game, plus Talakai's selction did absolutely nothing.

JokerEel

First Grade
This actually looks pretty decent although I would swap Jnr and Jake T, but probably would have clean swept this series

View attachment 63665

Next year Sualli from the Roosters will be on a wing he should have been there this year instead of Topou...
To'o is ineffective in Origin.

Not sold on Burton at 5/8 and Olakuat'atu as a starting second rower..

The team needs more dumb players like QLD have in the forwards.

Latest posts