What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of the game in Qld post pandemic..... Who / what will be affected ?

EASTERN SUBURBS TO PLAY AS THE BRISBANE TIGERS FROM 2021
4 September 2020

View attachment 42403

byKellie Bogan
in Easts Tigers, Easts Tigers, Intrust Super Cup, News

Eastern Suburbs will be formally rebranded and compete as the Brisbane Tigers in all Queensland Rugby League’s Major Competitions from 2021 onwards.

The decision to rename was decided upon at the Clubs 2019 Annual General Meeting, where it was resolved that the name change would be made permanent for the 2021 season and beyond. The decision is consistent with the Club’s 2017-2019 Strategic Plan.

The Club will play as the Brisbane Tigers in the Intrust Super Cup, Hastings Deering Colts and the BHP Premiership competitions however will remain as the Eastern Suburbs Tigers for all local league competitions.

The revitalisation of the Tigers brand brings with it a modern, sophisticated new logo. The logo will be used consistently across both the Brisbane Tigers and the Eastern Suburbs Tigers teams.

Whilst the Club will have a new logo, we will continue to play in our traditional colours of black and gold.

Brisbane Tiger’s CEO Brian Torpy said “the rebranding of the Club’s state-wide competition teams to Brisbane Tigers provides greater relevance in the Intrust Super Cup competition.

The Eastern Suburbs name is totally suitable to playing within the greater Brisbane area, however with regards to state-wide competitions, playing as the Brisbane Tigers provides no doubt we are a Brisbane club, Torpy added.
Club merchandise is available for purchase online with playing jerseys to be revealed and available for purchased later in the year.

WE ARE EASTS – WE ARE BRISBANE – WE ARE TIGERS

https://thetigers.com.au/articles/kbogan/easts-tigers-become-brisbane-tigers/

Royce is King

Juniors
WOW...... Thanks for the update...the most stupid name rebranding I have ever seen...... they do understand that they play in front of no more than 2000 people at the most ?........and they think this will benefit them ?

Mr Spock!

Referee
The problem is that Souths only lease Davies Park........ its council land..... but the lease still has currency, how much currency is the big question. You are 100% right in your comments in regards to the state of the facilities at Davis Park ..... they are 40 yrs out of date and in no way encourage people to get behind the team and attend a game.
Souths have been playing there for as long as I can remember - about 50 years at least.

Mr Spock!

Referee
I get what your saying... but I think our econemy is going to struggle for at least 10 yrs. I would love to see a brissie comp and i would even bring back a couple of teams.... my comp would be
1.Redcliffe
2.Wynnum
3.Easts
4.Norths
5. Logan Magpies ( BASED AT LOGAN)
6. Ipswich
7. Wests ( BASED AT ARANA)
8. Valleys
9. Burleigh
10. Tweed.

The amount of money saved by keeping games local would be massive, plus the fan bases of iconic Brisbane clubs Valleys and Wests would come to the game. I know this wont happen but the longer this virus is around the more money q.cup does not have.
What about Brothers?

Royce is King

Juniors
Mr Spock....... I didnt have Brothers as the other 2 clubs, Wests and Valleys are playing in Reserve Grade this yr......hence the structures are more advanced than Brothers I would have thought.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
WOW...... Thanks for the update...the most stupid name rebranding I have ever seen...... they do understand that they play in front of no more than 2000 people at the most ?........and they think this will benefit them ?

No, I think "East Coast Tigers" that they went to some time back was worse.

Maybe they should just try to win a Premiership than worry about having a "sophisticated logo".

Then again, it all sounds typically Easts.

Royce is King

Juniors
Very Ironic that in the Courier Mail yesterday that an article was published about the QRL looking to move out to Logan......... and also saying that they want a ISC team based in Logan...... the Magpies have to move on from over 100yrs of history at Davies Park and embrace the LOGAN CITY MAGPIES or else it will be the Logan City whatever's .........and Souths will miss the boat, because without the Logan kids they wont last.

Very Ironic that in the Courier Mail yesterday that an article was published about the QRL looking to move out to Logan......... and also saying that they want a ISC team based in Logan...... the Magpies have to move on from over 100yrs of history at Davies Park and embrace the LOGAN CITY MAGPIES or else it will be the Logan City whatever's .........and Souths will miss the boat, because without the Logan kids they wont last.
The QRL is looking at Heritage Park in Logan as a base. They should have done this 15 years ago.

https://amp.couriermail.com.au/ques...w/news-story/e7a6d37a03dfe5c51fde0a4bb86a7d33

Bring back the Scorpions. Bugger the Magpies. :p

expansionist

Juniors
i am biased however I really want the Magpies to stay inner city. For mine a lot of the position the Magpies find themselves in now is of their own making - or the lack of doing things of their own making!

expansionist

Juniors
Oh and for what its worth - and i say this as an 'Easts' guy - the name change is .. well its baffling. I just dont get what anyone thinks it will achieve!

Jimmy Wiggle

Juniors
i am biased however I really want the Magpies to stay inner city. For mine a lot of the position the Magpies find themselves in now is of their own making - or the lack of doing things of their own making!

If Souths were to move the only place they should go is Brandon Park, IMO the history of Davies Park is one of the big things holding them back.

Royce is King

Juniors
A bit of movement this arvo with 2021 Q.CUP coaches....... Steve Bretherton ( long time reserve grade Souths coach) has a 2 yr deal with the Magpies...... and the word is Terry Matterson is going to be a Broncos ass coach......so does this mean Easts (sorry Brisbane Tigers ) new coach will be J.B. ?

expansionist

Juniors
A bit of movement this arvo with 2021 Q.CUP coaches....... Steve Bretherton ( long time reserve grade Souths coach) has a 2 yr deal with the Magpies...... and the word is Terry Matterson is going to be a Broncos ass coach......so does this mean Easts (sorry Brisbane Tigers ) new coach will be J.B. ?
Yep