What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of the game in Qld post pandemic..... Who / what will be affected ?

mikail-eagle

Bench
PNG Hunters looking to relocate into a QLD Bubble next year if that is going to be a requirement.

https://www.thenational.com.pg/marape-pledges-hunters-support/

Marape pledges Hunters support
October 20, 2020The NationalSports

By PARKER TAMBUA
PRIME Minister James Marape says the Government will help relocate the SP Hunters if the Queensland Rugby League goes ahead with having all Intrust Super Cup (ISC) teams based in Australia next year.

The Tari-Pori MP, who is also the sports minister, made the comment during the presentation of the Digicel Cup at Sir John Guise Stadium in Port Moresby yesterday.

“If the QRL allows the Hunters to continue next season, together with the Papua New Guinea Rugby Football League (PNGRFL), we are willing to help relocate them to Queensland next year,” Marape said.

PNGRFL chairman Sandis Tsaka was also present when the country’s chief executive made the announcement.
Tsaka told The National yesterday that a statement would be made on the 2017 ISC champions tomorrow.

Royce is King

Juniors
Does anybody know who the Broncos feeder club is......looking at the signings made by Souths Logan I am sure that they have been given the arse as one of the clubs.

Jimmy Wiggle

Juniors
Does anybody know who the Broncos feeder club is......looking at the signings made by Souths Logan I am sure that they have been given the arse as one of the clubs.

Souths Logan are a feeder to the Titans next year, I have heard that Norths will basically be a Broncos reserve side, with Wynnum getting players from the Raiders. Pending covid restrictions not being around

Royce is King

Juniors
Thanks Jimmy........ Souths being a feeder for the Titans.... is it a rumor or fact?...... with the club promoting within with coaching, and except for Hazzard, no name players signed...... I could be wrong but I would of thought the Titans would have put in their own coach.

Jimmy Wiggle

Juniors
No worries Royce, I haven’t seen it anywhere but heard through some people at Burleigh and it looks like Hazzard has a train and trial deal with the Titans as well. Sounds like Mal was involved

expansionist

Juniors
There is still a bit of movement with QCup clubs and relationships with NRL clubs. Looks like Souths back with Broncos in some capacity, GC one isnt happening.

ALX25

Bench
PNG Hunters confirmed as relocating. Destination unknown. Cairns? Townsville? Brisbane?

mikail-eagle

Bench
PNG Hunters confirmed as relocating. Destination unknown. Cairns? Townsville? Brisbane?

https://www.thenational.com.pg/hunters-yet-to-find-a-home-venue/

THE SP Hunters’ Queensland home ground is yet to be finalised but they will relocate to Runaway Bay on the Gold Coast for next season in the Intrust Super Cup (ISC) season.
Coach Matthew Church said on Monday that he wanted the Hunters’ home ground to be close to their base.