What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Statement for Shannon Cavanagh - Chairman of Wests Magpies

Fordy20

Juniors
Apparently Shannon Cavanagh, the Wests Magpies Chairman who had a run in with Justin Pascoe at a recent Wests Tigers function released a statement a couple of days ago. It summarises his beef with the Wests Tigers board and I've attached it to this thread.

One of the topics he covers is the appointment of directors to the Wests Tigers board by Balmain RLFC. He mentions that Balmain have not had an AGM since 2018 and given that directors are appointed for two year terms, Balmain RLFC does not have any properly elected directors.

For me, this is becoming a lot more interesting. I've decided to sign up for a Balmain RLFC membership so I can find out more. Membership is only $15, which is cheaper than a movie at my local cinema. Feel free to join me https://tigers1908.com/membership/ or not.

Attachments

• Wests-Magpies-Statement-from-the-Chairman-29-Mar-23.pdf
    190.5 KB · Views: 34

Tigerm

First Grade
Apparently Shannon Cavanagh, the Wests Magpies Chairman who had a run in with Justin Pascoe at a recent Wests Tigers function released a statement a couple of days ago. It summarises his beef with the Wests Tigers board and I've attached it to this thread.

One of the topics he covers is the appointment of directors to the Wests Tigers board by Balmain RLFC. He mentions that Balmain have not had an AGM since 2018 and given that directors are appointed for two year terms, Balmain RLFC does not have any properly elected directors.

For me, this is becoming a lot more interesting. I've decided to sign up for a Balmain RLFC membership so I can find out more. Membership is only $15, which is cheaper than a movie at my local cinema. Feel free to join me https://tigers1908.com/membership/ or not.
Wow, that is interesting, if it is a true account, I wonder how they will sweep this under the carpet?

Wrapping it up is one way of putting us long suffering tiger supporters out of our misery.I have noticed other supporters actually feeling sorry for us because we have sucked for so long with no relief in sight.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Explains 18 years of shyteness. Kids refuse to play well.

Where are all the juniors? Such a great nursery, I mean sure Teddy is Rooster, NSW, AUS legend and you cannot keep them all, but why is there not 4 other Campbelltown kids killing it?

Obviously Brooks has photos of all board members, both sides, even then, where are all the kids!

Whole thing be sad....

Tiger Ted

Bench
Explains 18 years of shyteness. Kids refuse to play well.

Where are all the juniors? Such a great nursery, I mean sure Teddy is Rooster, NSW, AUS legend and you cannot keep them all, but why is there not 4 other Campbelltown kids killing it?

Obviously Brooks has photos of all board members, both sides, even then, where are all the kids!

Whole thing be sad....
The kids are a figment of delusional sheens’s imagination

gordsy

Juniors
I know people are saying move us to Perth and even though I'd still follow them, would it be the best thing for us or would we be pushing the problem elsewhere.

Tiger Pedro

Juniors
Wests should buy the last 10% and cut the Tigers out completely and rename the team Macarthur Western Suburbs Magpies and be based at Campbelltown.

The Balmain side is a boat anchor and adds zilch to that club.
Just on the point about buying out the last 10% - While I'm not 100% sure of the legal / business / registered clubs act side of things, I am pretty sure that my memory serves me correctly in saying that the only reason that the Balmain side of things have 10% is because Wests Ashfield "gifted" it to them. I also think essentially they can take it back if they want (maybe for a nominal fee) but I think they can do so should they wish. They don't want to that is pretty clear. Why? I think it has something to do with the old Balmain Leagues Club site. I think keeping Balmain within the tent gives Wests Ashfield access and the rights to the club that will reappear on the site, where the redevelopment work has already commenced.
As far as the board go - There is no longer two factions IMHO! On a 12 man board 2 ex Balmain directors do not make a faction. The board runs smoothly in regards to voting etc. Oh and by the way that doesn't mean they're a competent board. You can be totally united and still be incompetent. Of that they are a living example!!

Tiger Pedro

Juniors
Anyway Pedro the NRL licence is Weststigers and nothing else... regardless of who owns what percentage.
Nevermind Marshall ,he is just a flog who happens to turn up occasionally just to rehash his same old trolling topic.
Whilst the reply was to a post from Marshall the info is probably directed more widely and is something that many people should know, including many of our own fans (some on this very site) and the media. It amazes me how so many so called sports and footy journo's keep propagating the incorrect "two factions at war" line.
As a consumer of all the sports shows and press It's a common occurrence, especially on talk back radio.
Caller rings up and initiates Wests Tigers factional war / old Balmain v old Wests debate and the talking head (getting handsomely paid BTW) just goes along for the ride and ignorantly agrees that that is the problem. It seriously does my head in that none of them do any research into the situation. They are oblivious and regurgitate what is essentially BS. Go hard at the club and the board etc for incompetence, recruitment, senior staff & personnel decisions, CEO, Home Ground rationale etc etc but get it right please on the board make-up and reasons why Balmain were kept in the fold. They are as easy to find as a google search and the development at Rozelle is or was the key reason.
A journo doing research - Who'd of thought it - None of the current crop out there.
Here's a list that have discussed the situation like they know and have been so wrong over the last fortnight...
Bulldog Ritchie on Sunday 2KY
Tunks & Hughes on Talkin Sport 2SM (regularly)
2MMM - Yesterday
SEN 1170 - Everyone on it just about
BTW - I'm not an apologist for the current admin, far from it. I just know and understand that you can't fix a problem unless you address the root cause, which is why I would like for these journo's to not spruik the WRONG reasons behind this debacle as it deflects the attention and pressure from where it should be rightly directed.

macnaz

Staff member
@Tiger Pedro I 100% agree and wasnt reflecting on your accurate comments but merely letting you know that pricks like Stalin aren't interested in facts so it isnt worth your thought out reply . But as far as the media , most of them know full well the modern make up of the club but need to feed the factions BS to keep their negative story going .

@Tiger Pedro I 100% agree and wasnt reflecting on your accurate comments but merely letting you know that pricks like Stalin aren't interested in facts so it isnt worth your thought out reply . But as far as the media , most of them know full well the modern make up of the club but need to feed the factions BS to keep their negative story going .
Moderators should be seen and not heard one has to say as were you asked to comment - no and don't be so rude either calling people names - show some respect to posters

Latest posts