What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stats for Pre-Season Training

Drakon

Juniors
Has suspensions time which I think is applicable to trials.
My understanding is Korbin can't play trial games. His suspension will apply to competition matches. In other words, He can't play till he has missed the appropriate number of competition matches - in this case, I think it is two matches he was suspended for.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
This is an extract from a Herald article in 2015 relating to Tariq Sims when he went to Newcastle with a 5 game suspension hanging over him so this should clarify the position re Korbin.

"The NRL no longer allows clubs to count pre-season trials or the Auckland Nines as part of a player’s suspension, meaning Sims will remain sidelined for the next two months and must maintain his fitness and conditioning at training.

‘‘Under the rules, if a player is serving a grade-one or grade-two penalty, they can play trials while suspended,’’ an NRL spokesman said.

‘‘But if you are serving any higher-grade penalty, you can’t play trials while suspended. Since Tariq has a grade-three charge, he cannot play until his full sentence is served.’’

possm

Coach
This is an extract from a Herald article in 2015 relating to Tariq Sims when he went to Newcastle with a 5 game suspension hanging over him so this should clarify the position re Korbin.

"The NRL no longer allows clubs to count pre-season trials or the Auckland Nines as part of a player’s suspension, meaning Sims will remain sidelined for the next two months and must maintain his fitness and conditioning at training.

‘‘Under the rules, if a player is serving a grade-one or grade-two penalty, they can play trials while suspended,’’ an NRL spokesman said.

‘‘But if you are serving any higher-grade penalty, you can’t play trials while suspended. Since Tariq has a grade-three charge, he cannot play until his full sentence is served.’’

Ok, what was Korbin charged with? Was it a grade one or two?

Overseas dragon

Juniors
No Crush, I am confident that Aitken and Dufty will start in ISP and have to work their way back to first grade. My team for round 1 is:

1. Widdop
2. Pearson
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. Ravalawa
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Robson
15. K Sims
16. Lawrie
17. Leilua
Sorry mate nice team Periera will be on the wing odds on .Mary's the coach

Carlton

Juniors
One played park football the other qld cup most of last season.....I doubt the training would have been too strenuous

Was the club pissed off with their fitness or was it just an acknowledgement that they needed to be fitter. So long as its before Christmas and it has all be addressed by end February, who cares.

The calm one

Juniors
During this boring off-season, I'd would be very happy if the coaching staff progressively provide the fans with stats on the ability of each of the top 30 players each week as they move through the training program. I would be very interested in seeing their progress on things such as speed, fitness and various skills information.
I would rather watch paint dry. It is more interesting.

possm

Coach
I think most on here would think the same. I would love to see the official stats which would include:

20m
50m
100m

For all of the 30 man squad.

I'm sure it is doable and would be of great interest to many SGI fans.

BLM01

First Grade
I actually found this a bit cringey.
Agree Avo.. It was short and what are they going to really say on the training field when they know his mic'd up anyway.
Whilst he is obviously 1 of the comic's amongst them, a few minutes locker room interview with a few of em with him at the Mic would of been a bit more TV worthy. The idea was right but the production was poor.
The Dragons media need to have a look at what other clubs do and provide their supporters with a bit more of insight into behind the scenes and comical light hearted production and interviews in some of their TV stuff....especially in a long off season with the wrong news taking precedence.
Then again dont copy other clubs..lets be innovative

Last edited:

be55

Juniors
As a dragons fan i am so sick and tired of checking the clubs website for some kind of content on training,interviews with players,photos,anything meaningful from the club to appease an interested fan, but most days i am disappointed.Yesterday for gods sake they put out a video about the dragons junior women's team watching a video about the first Papua New Guinea women's national team ''absolutely riveting stuff '' also a story about the NSW centre of excellence which was just a re run of an article on nrl.com , a story about the growth of women's rugby league in the central west of NSW and a few days ago the dragons cheerleaders photoshoot video. I have nothing against women's rugby league at all but can we have something about the men's teams mixed in with it as well.
I encourage all interested dragons fans too just check out some of the other clubs websites and compare them to the absolute rubbish that is put out by the DRAGONS MEDIA TEAM on ours.
Personally if i had anything to do with the club i would sack all of you so fast your heads would spin.I doubt any of you could run a sausage sizzle at Bunnings let alone run the website of one of the most popular clubs in the NRL. Looking forward to the next piece of visual diarrhea to appear on the clubs website.

Latest posts