What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stats

Brando

Juniors
We have stats for eveything these days, so I would love to see a stat on Browns passes this year. Not offloads, actual passing of the ball to another player.
I think it would read something like this.....

v Knights: 1 pass
v Broncos: 1 pass
v Titans: 2 passes
v......well you get the idea.

Why has he become such a ball hog I wonder?

Juju

Juniors
I'm shocked at Brown's form this year. He's really not offer much at all.

hitman82

Bench
He's been terrible at hooker and below average at second row.
Our Warriors Drinking Game even has a rule titled: "Brown being a ball hog".
Dummy half runs are about the only good thing remaining in Brown's game, and even those have been fairly ineffective this season.

I'd drop him for Sam Lousi.

vvvrulz

Coach
I'm shocked at Brown's form this year. He's really not offer much at all.

Its obvious he was playing for Cleary, or at least Cleary was about to get the best out of him. Is this Brown's failure or Bluey's failure?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It's always a dicey situation with players who are going to other clubs. If their current club hits a slump, gets outside the eight etc it's very easy to hit a form slump and know it's not affecting your future employment. Also probably easier to stop listening to a coach you know isn't in control of you next year.

Having said that, Brown has never been a distributor. Amazing for a guy whose stock and trade was hooker, before us.

WarriorDefence

Juniors
Well I know he threw atleast one on the weekend coz I was just bagging him at the pub for never passing and right then he threw a beautiful early flat ball and put his outsides into a bit of space- unfortunately I think it went to benry so that was the end of that

WarriorDefence

Juniors
Its obvious he was playing for Cleary, or at least Cleary was about to get the best out of him. Is this Brown's failure or Bluey's failure?

I'd bet dollars he will come good again next year under cleary- just on that- I was very impressed with robinsons game for the panthers yesterday, Gould was saying they've just resigned him too- always liked him, couldn't see him getting a start with us so good to see he's taken his chance there.

Warmess

Juniors
Can't say I'm unhappy he's off to the Panthers. Will probably find some form there too.

One thing that always frustrates me with Brown is that 5m out from the line, he will ALWAYS go himself, and it never comes off. I thought maybe that streak would have been broken over the weekend, but nope.

ozbash

Referee
spill the beans bash. whats happened?

I cant really go spreading malicious goss, but things are not rosy, hence the shift to Pantherville.

Source is a huge name in Auckland/NZ league.

Thats it, lips are sealed ..

JoeD

First Grade
When someone like Louie is on the outer, maybe others are too. Players pick up on it even when they are on the 'inside' and it doesn't create the best team environment.

Skinner

Coach
I cant really go spreading malicious goss, but things are not rosy, hence the shift to Pantherville.

Source is a huge name in Auckland/NZ league.

Thats it, lips are sealed ..

Mr Bash, you know very well that you will be castigated (that's castigated, not that other thing !!) for having any inside information at all. It is completely frowned upon on this particular forum.

Loose lips sink ships y'know.......keep schtum

ozbash

Referee
Mr Bash, you know very well that you will be castigated (that's castigated, not that other thing !!) for having any inside information at all. It is completely frowned upon on this particular forum.

Loose lips sink ships y'know.......keep schtum

Very true mate, very true..

I feel as though I have cheated.... on myself. ;-)

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Anyone else notice he sometimes throws the dummy without even looking where he's "passing" it, like it's just a reflex action and he's completely forgotten that the purpose of a dummy is to make the opposition think you are going to pass?

Honestly I don't really think his form has fallen away, he's just a limited player. If defences are wise to the fact he's a sharp, nuggety ball-runner and get on him quickly he has nothing to fall back on. His surprise factor has gone and now he's just not a very good player.

hitman82

Bench
Anyone else notice he sometimes throws the dummy without even looking where he's "passing" it, like it's just a reflex action and he's completely forgotten that the purpose of a dummy is to make the opposition think you are going to pass?

Honestly I don't really think his form has fallen away, he's just a limited player. If defences are wise to the fact he's a sharp, nuggety ball-runner and get on him quickly he has nothing to fall back on. His surprise factor has gone and now he's just not a very good player.

That's fair actually. He's a one-trick pony. If I was coaching against him I'd simply tell my players 9 times out of 10 he will not pass it. If he's near the line he will attempt a barge-over. Even if he does pass from dummy half it's going to be one off the ruck and not overly fast service. So pretty much he is easy pickings. Brown is relatively strong but not strong enough to bowl through a couple of experienced defenders who know exactly what his deal is.