What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stefano Utoikamanu, Jake Simpkin & Shawn Blore

Perth Tiger

Bench
Doesn't Blore have a younger brother who is highly rated as well? Hopefully get S Blore established in the top team and then entice the brother to come as well

Actually just checking and it is an older brother (21), plays 5/8 but injured at the moment. Wonder how he stacks up with that Matt Burton

JB04

Juniors
Eels fan here, just dropping by to say that I think you blokes have got a good'un in young Blore. Really liked what he brought to the battle last night. And that clip of him smashing Stefano on page 1 of the thread should give you guys plenty to look forward to.

Given the troops you guys started the game without last night and then compounded by losing 2 or 3 more during the game, I thought the Tigers looked good. Just lacking a bit of polish to take advantage of some of the half chances on the edges.
Thanks mate, appreciate that. Congrats to your team, played too well. Hope the rematch in round 20 is a cracker and both teams are at full strength.

soc123_au

Staff member
Doesn't Blore have a younger brother who is highly rated as well? Hopefully get S Blore established in the top team and then entice the brother to come as well
Dean Blore. Plays in the halves. He isnt likely to get a start with us with Burton ahead of him. Probably worth a having a shot for you guys, pretty low risk really. From what I've seen of him he has potential.

The Rosco

Bench
Is this the right thread to once again have a laugh at the karma lesson dished out to Flatterson ?
Normally, I don't get pleasure in seeing a player so obviously concussed and not able to stand unassisted.
Normally.

Tigerm

First Grade

This is pretty good. He looks and sounds like a good kid. I understand now what Madge meant when he said Blore was a future leader of the club.
Good little vid, he made Brown look like a pussy, didn't he:)
I tried to look at Stefano, but didn't see that much of him, he didn't really impress me that much, but he is only young.

Tiger05

First Grade
Good little vid, he made Brown look like a pussy, didn't he:)
I tried to look at Stefano, but didn't see that much of him, he didn't really impress me that much, but he is only young.

Stefano looked like a big lump of a kid. He may be hard to stop once he gets going.

Kilkenny

Coach
I will be interested to see how young Shawn Blore goes against us on Saturday night.

As I said here when we released him too you he is a terrific talent and one we didn’t want to lose by choice, but had no choice and let him leave for the better good of his career.

What he does this season was always going to be a bonus, he is still a kid and he will only get better in the next couple of years.

I think the kid if he can stay injury free may be good enough to play SOO in a few years time he is that good and I hope for your club’s sake that opinion is proven correct.

The other kid you picked up from us a few years back Oliver Clark probably hasn’t set the world on fire or captured the imagination of your fans but anytime I have watched him he seems to do the job he is called upon to do. He is not the flashy type of player likely to figure in 3-2-1 points at the end of game analysis but to me he seems worthy of retaining given the job he does. He reminds me of an Aiden Tolman type of front rower just does the job asked of him.

The Rosco

Bench
I will be interested to see how young Shawn Blore goes against us on Saturday night.

As I said here when we released him too you he is a terrific talent and one we didn’t want to lose by choice, but had no choice and let him leave for the better good of his career.

What he does this season was always going to be a bonus, he is still a kid and he will only get better in the next couple of years.

I think the kid if he can stay injury free may be good enough to play SOO in a few years time he is that good and I hope for your club’s sake that opinion is proven correct.

The other kid you picked up from us a few years back Oliver Clark probably hasn’t set the world on fire or captured the imagination of your fans but anytime I have watched him he seems to do the job he is called upon to do. He is not the flashy type of player likely to figure in 3-2-1 points at the end of game analysis but to me he seems worthy of retaining given the job he does. He reminds me of an Aiden Tolman type of front rower just does the job asked of him.

. . . . Now rhyno, I know that you'd be reading this . . . I know because it's in the Weststigers forum.
Here's a tip for free, you muppet.
Take a good look at Kilkenny's post. Read it, or get mum to read it to you out loud.
This is how to post in another team's pages.

stryker

First Grade

I would be happy if he performs like Tolman does.

Vic Mackey

Referee

I really hope Blore trains all off season as our right back rower. Garner can hit a hole but his defence is horrible

Clarke has wet dreams about being as good as Tolman, he’s a dud

Tiger05

First Grade
I really hope Blore trains all off season as our right back rower. Garner can hit a hole but his defence is horrible

Clarke has wet dreams about being as good as Tolman, he’s a dud

Is Blore an edge backrower or a middle ? So far he seems to be playing in the middle. We need to sort his position out because we should be building around him. He hits hard and looks to have some ability with the ball.

Blore to me plays either at lock or the right edge but I think he should do that off the bench for a while. It's different doing it for 20 minutes a game instead of the 40 minutes plus.

Abacus

Juniors
Is Blore an edge backrower or a middle ? So far he seems to be playing in the middle. We need to sort his position out because we should be building around him. He hits hard and looks to have some ability with the ball.

Blore to me plays either at lock or the right edge but I think he should do that off the bench for a while. It's different doing it for 20 minutes a game instead of the 40 minutes plus.
Blore definitely needs more game time. A couple of offloads last night but his conditioning is shot atm while coming back from injury - towards the end of his 11 minute stint he was unable to get to marker a few rucks in a row. He's a good talent though.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think Blore is great, but I don’t think he is old enough atm to handle the rigours of full time NRL.
For me, small stints to keep him interested, but he is definitely a keeper.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Bit of a bump here. Thought these three guys were all excellent tonight. Stefano is already legitimately one of the best props in the game. Blore has had an injured interrupted season however now had 3 games starting and been very solid, has missed 1 tackle in 240 minutes. Simpkin came on and sped the game up tonight. I realize its much easier for a hooker coming on in the 60 minute mark however we looked better with him out there.

These guys joined by Kelma Tuilagi who did what he's been doing all year in nsw cup, solid defence and ran a great line for a try. We also have Tuki Simpkins who has been a bit sloppy in defence however has made had 8 offloads in 3 games of NRL. Then Seyfarth who really came into his own prior to his horror injury.

In the backs I thought Talau had his best game in first grade tonight (despite one bad miss) and of course theres Daine Laurie who was arguably our best player prior to his injury.

One thing that gets over looked is not one of these guys is above 22 years old. Jake and Tuki are still only 19.

Our Jersey Flegg side was undefeated after 13 rounds when the comp stopped. Adam Doueihi is still only 23.

Its been a real tough year for Tigers fans, and one that has to be deemed a failure. However do I dare say there seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel?