What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stepehen Kearney new panthers coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
stick with elliot is the best bet as after with all the soo/internationals the storm have even someone in the crowd could coach then to win the comp. or bring back john lang

maple_69

Bench
Well if they retain Elliott, and we very likely f**k it again next year, it will be very difficult for the board to gain re-election in a couple years.
I wish they'd piss him off but I know they won't.
Georgallis isn't that fantastic. We were riding high with a full squad, injuries hit, we slid down the ladder. No surprises, no miracles, not the kinda guy you 'just give a go'. I wouldn't mind monitoring him or using him as an assistant but there are better options. If it was a financial issue though, I'd settle for him as an interim coach next year with the prospect of gaining a longer, bigger deal if the team performs.

choc_soldier

Coach
I wouldn't want Georgeallis either - as Big Mick said, anyone could coach that side, given the talent.

It's Kearney first and foremost, but if it's Anderson, it's still a positive outcome.

Panther

Juniors
"anyone could coach that side given the talent" is an important point but not necessarily for the obvious reason.By the time they get to the under 20s, players have got it.Coaching them boils down to formulating game plans and people management, which is where discipline comes from.It's obvious there aren't a lot of people management skills in our coaching staff at the moment.

Big Mick

Referee
"anyone could coach that side given the talent" is an important point but not necessarily for the obvious reason.By the time they get to the under 20s, players have got it.Coaching them boils down to formulating game plans and people management, which is where discipline comes from.It's obvious there aren't a lot of people management skills in our coaching staff at the moment.

Most definately...but Steve IS part of that...

Panther

Juniors
My mail is that Georgallis wasn't exactly treated as a full member by the elite coaching group but he is respected by his players.

Fibroman

First Grade
I don't particularly rate Georgallis, just for the record.

He has got the most predictable gameplan you will ever see.

Work it to the point 1/3 across the field.

Replace front rowers when the clock ticks over 20 mins. Blah blah. He has wasted so much talent in that side.

Quite frankly..........I am disgusted. I don't blame our juniors for looking else where and I wish them all the best. Their future clubs will be the winners.

Penrith will become known as the club for politics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
And they still seem to win games. Imagine if they had the oppurtunity of having a good coach like some of these other sides. They would be winning the comp by a mile.

Noa

First Grade
I dont think its any coincidence that the elevation of Melbourne to the top of the pecking order began when Mooks became ass. coach at the Storm after the 2005 season.

The respect he has from the players is enormous.

The one hic-cup I could see to him going to you guys is that the Storm are the most professional set-up in the comp, he wont go if you are going to cut corners in regards to things such as recovery, training and medical staff etc,etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.