What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stephen Kearney turns Parramatta Eels into robots

Gronk

Staff member
It is a good strategy because we don't need to worry about carrying a decent kicker. So that is one position freed up. By not scoring tries we don't have to worry about carrying a solid goal-kicker either.

By not completing sets we also get the advantage of never having to feed a scrum.

This may not make sense if you think of it from a match-day perspective. But think of the time saved at training by not having to practice kicking, goal-kicking, kick chasing and scrum feeding. This is time that can be put to better use.

It is all part of a masterplan.

All good points.

I've been saying all along that our future lies in the Lingerie League. Maybe you guys will start taking notice now ? It's all part of the grand plan. A transition to a better future.

lingerie_football_league_28.jpg

Freak2

Juniors
Really, what's it matter if it's raining? It didn't stop the Cowboys throwing it round an Sat night. Our problem is we can't hold the ball even when it's dry.

Suity

Cowboys were not missing Thurston and Scott. We were missing Hayne and FFMM. There is a difference.

Parra

Referee
We could have a cross code match with the Waratahs.

It would go to a penalty shoot after being stuck at 0-0 after extra time.

SDM

First Grade
Rothfield's Blogs are really informative examples of investigative journalism.

Gronk

Staff member
Rothfield's suggesting that SK should get until Rnd 8 and then we should start sounding out Ricky Stuart.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
sloths answer everytime he doesn't have a comeback;

fancy that, a sharks supporter offering tips on how to win a football game

make a grand final for a change, then come talk to us…

and stop pinching our b graders

Parra-Siempre of Parra Parra Parra (Reply)
Mon 19 Mar 12 (11:50am)

Thank you for supporting my blog

Phil Rothfield
Mon 19 Mar 12 (12:34pm)

:lol:

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Cowboys were not missing Thurston and Scott. We were missing Hayne and FFMM. There is a difference.

Mate that a piss poor excuse, we have spent big in the off season on a new set of halves so we don't have this very issue where we have to depend on Hayne.

If Cowboys lose Thurston that is a huge loss because they don't have anyone to fill his shoes, We at least have two players that can cover Hayne while he is injured.

Hanscholo

Bench
For a new coach you have two ways to go.

Do you make the players fit my style or the style fit my players.

Hassler = playerss fit his style
Bennett = players fit his style

Kearney seems to have decided that he is going to attempt the same. Two pre seasons and a full season and it isnt working.

= new coach.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
The difference between Hassler/Bennett and Kearney is that both Hassler and Bennett have a team that fits their style of play.

Ratchy

Juniors
The difference between Hassler/Bennett and Kearney is that both Hassler and Bennett have a team that fits their style of play.

Rothfield has more or less admitted that Kearney doesn't have the team to play his style. Hard to change to the team he wants with so many players still on contract he wants to brush.

And i think DA was never given that opportunity.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/6600307/Eels-coach-Kearney-dismisses-robot-claims

Eels coach Kearney dismisses robot claims
Last updated 16:34 19/03/2012

Parramatta NRL coach Stephen Kearney maintains he's the right man for the job and dismissed claims he has turned the struggling Eels' side into a team of robots.

Saturday's 42-6 humiliation against North Queensland was the Eels' third successive defeat - the first time the club has lost its first three games of the season since 1991.

However, the New Zealand Test coach is confident he can turn things around and is under no illusions as to the size of the task.

"I was quite adamant it was our defence on Saturday but, overall, our performance wasn't up to scratch full stop," Kearney said.

"Our focus is making sure we turn up on Friday night and put in a performance for our fans. I have confidence in everyone here including myself."

The Eels managed a paltry one offload and a single line break in Townsville in addition to missing a staggering 42 tackles.

However, Kearney denied his team play in a sterile fashion.

"I think robots would have done a better job in defence the other night," he said.

"I haven't read that about us playing like robots, but I don't think it's true and not an issue."

Kearney played down being under pressure, despite his side only recording six wins in 27 games under his leadership.

"My focus is about making sure I prepare the side in the best possible way," he said.

"We'll all keep working and I'm confident things will change."

Eels skipper Nathan Hindmarsh said there were some home truths expressed between the players after the game.

"It was quite embarrassing to be honest," Hindmarsh said.

"As a group, we're better than that. As a performance, it was not good enough and poor and we all know it.

"But sometimes the harder you try, the harder it becomes. But everyone here is trying, I can assure you."

- AAP

Gronk

Staff member
I used to feel sorry for SK - until I read that he's on $425k.

#givemethejobicanlosejustaswell

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If he doesn't have the team of his style then why did he sign Sandow and Roberts?

He just heard that Sandow had been playing well and Roberts was an ex-international and he just signed them. He'd never even seen them play.

Then he thought he could just shoe-horn them into his boring style which isn't working. Sandow got in heaps of shit for passing to Hayne for Blair's try last week and Kearney's going to drop him for setting up O'Hanlon's try on Saturday.

Roberts was put on notice for setting up Sio's try against the Warriors, which is why he didn't set up any tries against the Cowboys. He will keep his spot in the team.

Eels Dude

Coach
Wasn't Phil Rothfield the bloke who said that Kearney should have been appointed ahead of Daniel Anderson?

He also ranked him the second best coach in the NRL before the start of last season. Rothfield is just like a troll. He makes outrageous claims and changes his opinion to whatever stirs the pot and people bite at it. That reminds me, I need to change my avatar.

Gronk

Staff member
Less than his top players and a lot less than the top coaches in the game.

I'd be surprised if any NRL coaches are on less than Kearney.

Thanks but it's irrelevant to what I said. What I said is that I could lose as many games as him and snag the odd win. The playing group could do that amongst themselves FFS.

Just as irrelevant, is that he took over in Nov 2010 (16 months ago) at salary $35,416 per month. So since he's received $566,666.72 to date.

That's $94,444 per win.

Latest posts