What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stephen Kearney turns Parramatta Eels into robots

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Absolutely appalling decision. As you say, awarded many times before. I knew it wasn't going to be our night after that.

How about Mannah penalised for tackling that bloke around the legs?

Running back into position he looked like he knew it wasn't going to be our night either. I felt like turning the telly off when I saw that. Actually I wish I did.

Eels Dude

Coach
Or they bring good players with them so they make sure they have good rosters. Wayne Bennett takes Darius Boyd with him. Steve Kearney brings Billy Rogers with him.

IFR33K

Coach
He just heard that Sandow had been playing well and Roberts was an ex-international and he just signed them. He'd never even seen them play.

Then he thought he could just shoe-horn them into his boring style which isn't working. Sandow got in heaps of shit for passing to Hayne for Blair's try last week and Kearney's going to drop him for setting up O'Hanlon's try on Saturday.

Roberts was put on notice for setting up Sio's try against the Warriors, which is why he didn't set up any tries against the Cowboys. He will keep his spot in the team.

Actually SK signed sandow on Wayne Bennett's recommendation. I find that f**king strange.

Gronk

Staff member
And meanwhile the club infrastructure goes down the gurgler?
Well if a FG coach just does infrastructure, we should save our cash and just employ management consultants. They can case study the best NRL setups and they can make recommendations that Bentley can impliment. That'll save us a heap of cash.

Are you really Michael Hagan or Daniel Anderson?
No I have a full time job.

I shudder to think what Hayne's getting per win then.

Coaches don't win games; players do. That's why the best coaches only go to teams that already have good rosters.
OK so that's why we don't have a good coach ? We would have got a good coach if we had the right roster ? Thanks for clearing that up.

salvy71

Juniors
Although it's up to the players to actually win matches you can still get a coach like Hasler who went to a team that's missed 2 finals series in a row with the same roster and I'll bet that they make the top 8 if not the top 4 this year , the attitude of the players usually is a reflection of the coach .

Gronk

Staff member
Best ever

SDM was yanking my chain, but I see that you think that it's true.

FYI I am not selective in what I post. I just post what is relevant from what google news alerts send me.

In fact you will see that there was a positive article this AM about the 20's boys.

I know it must shit you when I am right all the time. :D

#suckitupprincess

Ratchy

Juniors
Or they bring good players with them so they make sure they have good rosters. Wayne Bennett takes Darius Boyd with him. Steve Kearney brings Billy Rogers with him.

What were the differences in salary cap space and players that were off contract?

bartman

Immortal
Coaches don't win games; players do. That's why the best coaches only go to teams that already have good rosters.
So once SK and Nolan have built the Eels roster to their satisfaction, does that mean we'll finally get one of the best coaches? ;-)

(Or at least get any coach that can get the best out of the squad he inherits, without needing to "rebuild" for years first...)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So once SK and Nolan have built the Eels roster to their satisfaction, does that mean we'll finally get one of the best coaches? ;-)

If he can build a good roster then I'm sure a good coach will want to come here.

(Or at least get any coach that can get the best out of the squad he inherits, without needing to "rebuild" for years first...)

He only needed one year to rebuild - we have a competitive squad right now. Or don't you think so?

Hasler also only needed one year to rebuild Manly (came third last in 2004). I don't know where you're getting this "years" bullshit from. One year is all it takes.

Why do you death-riders keep going on about it taking years? is that what you want to see? (happy to be proven wrong but)

bartman

Immortal
If he can build a good roster then I'm sure a good coach will want to come here.
Excellent news, imo we certainly need one.

He only needed one year to rebuild - we have a competitive squad right now. Or don't you think so?
Based on performances, no. He has the cattle for the squad to be competitive, but imo not the coaching nous to get the best out of the squad he's assembled.

Hasler also only needed one year to rebuild Manly (came third last in 2004). I don't know where you're getting this "years" bullshit from. One year is all it takes.
Agreed, but on evidence so far - particularly the non-competitiveness of last Saturday against a team that was non-competitive in the opening round - this year looks like it will be a write off too? (Hence "years".)

Why do you death-riders keep going on about it taking years? is that what you want to see? (happy to be proven wrong but)
I will be there again on Friday night supporting and cheering them on. I want to see success and know we can't win the comp every year... but that doesn't stop me from basing judgements against the 20+ seasons I've been watching from the same seat (rather than ignoring mediocrity).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agreed, but on evidence so far - particularly the non-competitiveness of last Saturday against a team that was non-competitive in the opening round - this year looks like it will be a write off too? (Hence "years".)

Well this changes things.

I used to wonder if you were maybe an idiot for writing our season off based on three games. Then you admitted you're actually judging our season on one single game - against a team that you are also judging on one single game.

Sorry for doubting you.

Latest posts