What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sterling to quit nine

'Not a given that NRL has to be part of our future': Nine willing to walk away from rugby league​

All that chest thumping last year…

Skid Marks ended up quitting - related or unrelated to him tailing one of his former employees…

Even though it's a long way out, whoever channel 9 sign next as their commentator will go a long way to deciding on who wins the broadcast battle.

KennySterling

Juniors
After being FORCED to watch the Grand Final on Channel 9, the best thing the game can do is ditch them ASAP, particularly now that Sterlo has departed.

Their pi55-poor coverage must turn more people away from the sport than they ever draw in, as its a complete turn-off.

Listening and watching yesterday was an absolute trial and I had to turn off the sound for the entire second-half, Gould is that bad. Which producer in their right mind would choose him over Sterlo as a co-commentator ? Unfathomable.

Joey isn't much better and as for the Queensland mafia of Lockyer/Thurston/ Smith, I despair. The ad breaks alone would make anyone who could afford it choose to sign up for Fox (not without their own faults).

I was trying to figure out how I never hear ch 9 on GF Day then remembered I’ve always been at the game.

Their commentary yesterday was yeech!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
After being FORCED to watch the Grand Final on Channel 9, the best thing the game can do is ditch them ASAP, particularly now that Sterlo has departed.

Their pi55-poor coverage must turn more people away from the sport than they ever draw in, as its a complete turn-off.

Listening and watching yesterday was an absolute trial and I had to turn off the sound for the entire second-half, Gould is that bad. Which producer in their right mind would choose him over Sterlo as a co-commentator ? Unfathomable.

Joey isn't much better and as for the Queensland mafia of Lockyer/Thurston/ Smith, I despair. The ad breaks alone would make anyone who could afford it choose to sign up for Fox (not without their own faults).
For the first time in 21 years I didnt bother to watch it live and waited for it to come on Kayo, mind you Ennis being the Panthers cheer squad all game wasnt much better!

davi

Juniors
Would love 7 to get the NRL

Look, I'm not saying Nine are perfect but it hasn't always been crap either. But If I was too look for another channel I would say Ten. If Ten had won the rubgy league bid years back they would have kept the show The Game Plan going. It probably won't ever be Ten though, they don't have as much Bling Bling as Seven and Nine. I also think the NRL admin has a comfort level with Nine and would be reluctant to change unless forced.