What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sterlo, you bloody champ!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Watching the match yesterday and screaming my guts out (my neighbours were none too pleased!), I watched in awe as Eric Grothe scored THAT try (which will stay with me as one of the greatest tries EVER!).

Hearing the commentary from the team, you could tell by Sterlo's tone he was very pleased to see the Eels doing well. Even when the ref penalised them for ANY reason, Sterlo commented how the ref was wrong.

As a tipster, he tips with his head and not his heart. But I have noticed (this year more than before) that he seems to be very sympathetic towards the Eels and thoroughly enjoys watching them do good.

I just wanted to dedicate this thread to a great champion, a great footballer, a great family man and a great guy.

LONG LIVE STERLO!

Agent Mulder

Bench
Eelementary said:
Watching the match yesterday and screaming my guts out (my neighbours were none too pleased

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mine either mate...I was deadset screaming at the TV all the time.

Freak

Juniors
Not to mention the Love from Phil! :shock:

Does he secretly have a crush for the Eels?

strider

Post Whore
Phil a crush on the eels?......hell no! - don't kid yourself......just remember we were playing a queensland team - thats where any kind words from Phill would have originated.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I agree!

Gus was really generous and compassionate yesterday. He was very unbiased and praised us where praise was due and criticised when criticism was warranted.

Onya Gus!

The Colonel

Immortal
strider said:
Phil a crush on the eels?......hell no! - don't kid yourself......just remember we were playing a queensland team - thats where any kind words from Phill would have originated.

Who was the opposition coach??....... nudge nudge wink wink say no more!

:lol: :lol:

Eels Dude

Coach
Eelementary said:
Watching the match yesterday and screaming my guts out (my neighbours were none too pleased!), I watched in awe as Eric Grothe scored THAT try (which will stay with me as one of the greatest tries EVER!).

Agree with ya there. The replays of Grothe sprinting away, the desperate look on his face, the chase from Kelly, the dodging of the ankle tap made it one of the most exciting plays in a long time.

THE KEGG

Juniors
The best bit from Sterlo was as soon as Grothe got the ball in his hands he said "they wont catch him" with 75 metres still to go and three broncos players within reach :D .

The Engineers Room

First Grade
THE KEGG said:
The best bit from Sterlo was as soon as Grothe got the ball in his hands he said "they wont catch him" with 75 metres still to go and three broncos players within reach :D .
He knows, he's seen that similar frame with the same name streaking away many times.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
memories of Guru in that semi vs penrith at home **drooollll**
go you good thing guru, i was screaming like you guys, gee its good to have him back, he is one player that should only ever wear blue and gold.
the only thing i wish guru had done whilst scoring vs the Broncs was fend of a couple of broncs on his way, and then collapse over the sideline! ohwell, guess i'll have to live with that fact he beat Stu Kelly to get there!

tanka

Juniors
"GROTHE IS AWAY!"

Aye, I reckon sterlo and even gussy had a blinder behind the mic...
it sure put in the atmosphere at the pub hahaha

Especially when the penalties and tries were disallowed. me mates and I had a blast!

The awesome part was that there was a table of bronco supporters at the pub with us also... they were kind enough fellas and we bought em a beer after what we had given em through the game

But yes I must say, Sterlo's supporting us a little more openly lately...

thedux

Juniors
I once heard a story that Guru snr was such a lazy trainer that even Sterlo would beat him in the sprints, but he always had enough pace when it counted. Anyone remember him running-down Michael Hancock from the other side of the field even though he was about 10 years older. Hancock managed to get to the line but I still rate that the greatest defence effort bar none.

half

Coach
sterlo is starting to show more passion to us in commentary, that's fo sho. maybe it's cos johns ain't so good now hahaha

gould annoys me somewhat... he's always saying what should happen in the next 5 minutes and reflecting on crap that's well and truly done with. just comment on what you actually see, bra

Gould is terrible. Be it on the tele or in the Herald, he is just such an egotistical, self-centred pompous git that he BELONGS at the Roosters!

GoParra

Juniors
Lyon said:
Eelementary said:
Watching the match yesterday and screaming my guts out (my neighbours were none too pleased

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mine either mate...I was deadset screaming at the TV all the time.

You think you had it hard :roll:

Try being at work at a Pizza Restaurant and watching the game at the same time, The amount of filthy looks I got on Sunday for my over exhuberance in support (I have absolutely no self control when Parra are heading over the line). I think I may well have lost a few customers, but it was well worth it, Thank Goodness I have Sky TV at work !!! :D

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Stirlo was our greatest ever player IMO.

I hope one day he will coach the Eels.