What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Erwin

Right/wrong

• Right

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wrong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Terminator

First Grade
terminator.jpg

~bedsy~

First Grade
WRONG!
For starters he took the kid in with crocs... I don't care if he is an expert they are wild and upredictable. Secondly the kid is 4 weeks old and was not held properly... the head should have been suppotered more than that... the kid could get brain damage from being held like that... well at least he would be like his dad then.

Terminator

First Grade
In the States they are currently running a national poll on whos crazier Whacko Jacko or Steve Erwin, at the moment Steve is winning( hes got more votes than Michael)

The_Ben

Juniors
Right.

The kid didn't become croc food, so all is good. Meanwhile as I type, someone is driving back from summer holidays, doing 120km with kids in the back seat.

Terminator

First Grade
But what if he had become croc food ben, what your doing is necessary, what he did was a publicity stunt that was not thought out and has backfired on him big time.
I admire his courage but what he did was wrong.

~bedsy~

First Grade
That's not the point.... the kid is 4 WEEKS OLD! it was not handled properly... he could have killed it... yes idiots do drive that fast trust me I have to drive on the Pacific highway everytime I want to go home... that is a bad highway.
But he is an adlut taking a baby into a croc pen with a wild animal. With a big mouth and sharp teeth.

Kaz

junior
The_Ben said:
Meanwhile as I type, someone is driving back from summer holidays, doing 120km with kids in the back seat.

As I type parents are in planes, flying back from holidays with their kids sitting next to them.

But at least a croc couldn't jump up & grab them.

Alex28

Coach
steve irwin having his kid in with a crocodile, or a parent having his/her kid around a swimming pool unsupervised...who's the more irresponsible?

the baby was hardly in any danger. it was poor judgement to do it in public. i agree that the way he held the kid wasn't great...

The_Ben

Juniors
Kaz said:
As I type parents are in planes, flying back from holidays with their kids sitting next to them.

But at least a croc couldn't jump up & grab them.

But a terrorist could.

The fact is that danger exists everywhere. If you let your kids swim in the ocean, your subjecting them to a possible shark attack.

les norton

First Grade
I would give my boy to him before i would give it to some yokel with a pit bull in the backyard!! I would write more but must go to bed.....

Samwise

Bench
bedsy said:
WRONG!
For starters he took the kid in with crocs... I don't care if he is an expert they are wild and upredictable. Secondly the kid is 4 weeks old and was not held properly... the head should have been suppotered more than that... the kid could get brain damage from being held like that... well at least he would be like his dad then.

just curious bedsy...what experience do you have with crocs?

princess plj

Juniors
ok i can understand why he did it- well sort of...but yes he is a professional with crocodiles but there is no guarentee- that the croc wont have a change of heart and attack. so had he done it when his littke boy was a bit older than fine but not at 4 weeks old, its dangerous and unhealthy. what happened if his little boy was to have reached out?? he didn't but he could have....

we don't understand the world that he lives him. but surely he might have thought about the consequences of his actions before hand...esp with a child involved...

~bedsy~

First Grade
Samwise said:
bedsy said:
WRONG!

just curious bedsy...what experience do you have with crocs?
None how about you?
just curious do you have experience with 4 week old babies?
Just because don't, doesn't mean you don't know about them.
Yes he probebly is a better father than most men out there, but that does not excuse him from putting his babies life in danger.

Terminator

First Grade
keeney said:
im in singpaore wat happened?

Steve crocodile man Erwin took his one month old son into a croc enclosure to feed the crocs at a live televised show, since then he has denied it was all a publicity stunt, he is on just about every channel in the US where he has recieved more condemnation than Whacko Jackos baby incident.
There is not much chance he will recieve The Australian of the year award which he was a strong contestant for, before this act of stupidity.