What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Turner released, staying in Melbourne

girvie

Staff member
I think the Titans got the better deal.

The two players who were reported earlier were Smith Samau (winger/fullback) and Kevin Proctor (second row).

Samau played NRL last year, so would be a possibility to play again in 2007. I think Proctor will be in Year 12 and unlikely to play NRL in 2007.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Sharkie™ said:
Ur kidding right, i would think he has past the whole fringe first grader thing now he has played in a GF and was a key player in the Storms season. Im sure he will be playing FG for the storm this year on a frequent basis.

He is a winger FFS! He is hardly worth 2 fantastic juniors. How was he a key player? All he did was fall over the line at the end of Inglis' work, or someone else setting him up. Key player, dead set you are kidding. Good finisher, but hardly a key player. A winger is not worth 2 juniors!

El Diablo

Post Whore
hineyrulz said:
What are the 2 Juniors like that the Titans picked up? we're they any chance of playing first grade this year? If so you could say the Titans got the better deal.

if they are the same two juniors the Titans nominated earlier one may have already played. can't remember exactly.

the Storm scout who discovered them was not keen to give them up. had big raps on them.

LESStar58

Referee
lockyno1 said:
Turner is only a fringe first grader!

Locky, you are such a twat and that statement verifys it!

Personally, I'm glad all this BS is over and done with and we can just get on with footy and the Storm lads can start competing for those spots in the backline!

MSKnight

Juniors
I didn't think he was a Great Player and agree with Lockyno1 on this One...

Titans got a good Deal!

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,,20939678-5001023,00.html

Significantly, Proctor and Samau, who are both contracted until the end of 2008, have privately declared they would be happy to join the Titans.

A product of Palm Beach Currumbin on the Gold Coast, Proctor joined the Storm after the Titans were initially refused admission by the NRL in 2004.

Samau, a talented fullback or winger from Brisbane, re-signed with the Melbourne Storm this year on the understanding that Turner would be joining the Gold Coast next season.

Storm recruitment chief Peter O'Sullivan, who spotted Proctor playing rugby union on the Gold Coast, insists the 100kg forward is going nowhere.

"I've put four years into this kid,'' O'Sullivan said.

"It would be over my dead body that he goes to the Gold Coast.

"I chased him and I won't let him go. He's a champion of the future. He'll be playing first grade for Melbourne.''

Mr Saab

Referee
innsaneink said:
Odd no mention of this on Fox, and vice versa 2SM no mention of Turner and juniors etc.

2SM are still living in 1999.
I would not expect them to break news

LESStar58

Referee
girvie said:
I think the Titans got the better deal.

The two players who were reported earlier were Smith Samau (winger/fullback) and Kevin Proctor (second row).

Samau played NRL last year, so would be a possibility to play again in 2007. I think Proctor will be in Year 12 and unlikely to play NRL in 2007.

I think we are pretty well covered...it's not like we haven't got a wealth of back row and outside back/three-quarter talent already!

aving said that though I know there were a lot of raps on Samau.....a fair few clubs wanted him from what I understand....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
LESStar58 said:
f**k me dead.....even more developments. Guess we'll just have to wait and read about it in the papers before we know what the f**k is goin' on!
lol. Not a new development. El is linking to an article about the juniors, its dated last month.

Hoggy

Bench
Good.

How are people saying that the Titans have "won out"? We keep our known commodity - who played every game last year, scored in each final, and finished with 18 tries...while the GC get two youngsters who may turn out to be total spuds.

McCrud

Juniors
The onus will very much be upon Steve Turner to perform exceptionally well in 2007 to justify the personnel, money and time wasted on this entire fiasco.

Hoggy

Bench
knightlover said:
Good Luck fitting him into the Backline, Anthony Quinn is a better winger than that Guy!

You mean the back line that he fitted into every game in 2006?

1. Slater
2. Geyer
3. King
4. Quinn
5. Turner
6. Inglis
7. Cronk

Done.

Moffo

Referee
truth of the matter is that the gold coast knew that legally they had NO legs to stand on

Sharkie™

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
He is a winger FFS! He is hardly worth 2 fantastic juniors. How was he a key player? All he did was fall over the line at the end of Inglis' work, or someone else setting him up. Key player, dead set you are kidding. Good finisher, but hardly a key player. A winger is not worth 2 juniors!

mate putting the ball down over the line 18 times puts him into a kind of key player role dont u think! they depended on him a sh*t load of times to finish their plays.

innsaneink

Referee
Hoggy said:
Good.

How are people saying that the Titans have "won out"? We keep our known commodity - who played every game last year, scored in each final, and finished with 18 tries...while the GC get two youngsters who may turn out to be total spuds.

Yeah....possibly.

Im surprised waldron accepted this offer, really....2 promising junior AND $$$compo for a good/average winger...hardly seems equitable to me, they must really want Turner down there.

The juniors may not step up to first grade, its a very big step as we all know. I feel there will be even more pressure on the two kids now to perform....hardly what they need as developing footy players looking to make it in the toughest comp in the world.

Latest posts