What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steven Menzies v. Nathan Hindmarsh

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Who is the better overall player. I know the career of Menzies is winding down, and Hindmarsh is at his peak, but who is the overall better player?

Cool_Eel_81

Juniors
Menzies is a great player, and as you mentioned.. the great career is slowly coming to an end... hindmarsh is clearly going to go down in history as one of the hardest working players the game has ever seen. I've got splinters in my ass... both top players. :oops:

Simo

First Grade
If Hindmarsh had a Cliff Lyons inside him I think he would have more chances of being a try scoring machine like beaver was. However the Beaver was very good at hitting the holes and the combo between him and Lyons was unstoppable.

I know its been a few years but Menzies was brilliant in his prime. you must go back to the early/mid 90's.

Hindmarsh is stronger, Menzies I believe has a better defensive technique. Both are fast. Hindmarsh will break more tackles, Menzies evade more and hit holes better.

Both great players, hard to call. Sometimes I think there is a crack in Hindmarshs play though ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Simo said:
If Hindmarsh had a Cliff Lyons inside him I think he would have more chances of being a try scoring machine like beaver was. However the Beaver was very good at hitting the holes and the combo between him and Lyons was unstoppable.

I know its been a few years but Menzies was brilliant in his prime. you must go back to the early/mid 90's.

Hindmarsh is stronger, Menzies I believe has a better defensive technique. Both are fast. Hindmarsh will break more tackles, Menzies evade more and hit holes better.

Both great players, hard to call.

you've nailed it!!

if Hindy had spent the great part of his career running of P Sterling he'd be even more destructable than now.

Defensively: Hindmarsh

Attack: Menzies [but only just] if anyone so saw some of Hindy's touchdowns in the past few years would beg to differ.

In conclusion: both Magnificant players but it's Hindy by a bum crack. :p

Mr Saab

Referee
Simo said:

menzies debut was 1994.
Menzies is a different style of 2nd rower to Hindmarsh, but summing up their careers i would say Hindmarsh has been (and will be by career nd) the better player.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Mezies only fired in a top team (and off Lyons). Without him, he's merely a good backrower with experience. Hindy is a worldbeater in a shit team.

Hindy by a mile!

legend

Coach
Agreed, Hindy by a mile. One of the best forwards i have ever seen. In the Brad Clyde class and a class above menzies who is still an excellent player.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Misty Bee said:
Mezies only fired in a top team (and off Lyons). Without him, he's merely a good backrower with experience. Hindy is a worldbeater in a sh*t team.

Hindy by a mile!

another excellent reason why Hindy is better!

PS: Not taking anything away from Menzies who's had a career any young footballer would dream off.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Both play a different style of footy, its like comparing Andrew Johns to Peter Sterling.
In defence Hindmarsh is more of a workhorse and i think if he didnt do so much tackling he would be better, where menzies doesnt make 40+ tackles a game but is still a pretty big hitter and still has some flare in attack, he knows how to hit a hole.
IMO Menzies was the best backrower in the 90's tied with Clyde, Hindmarsh is definetly the best backrower of the 00's
1990's Menzies is probably equal to hindmarsh now.

bulldog

Bench
Hindmarsh for sure, a tireless worker who can produce 80mins. of quality football. Menzies will be remebered as an exceptionally skilled player, but I do think Hindmarsh is better.

Stagger eel

Staff member
bulldog said:
Hindmarsh for sure, a tireless worker who can produce 80mins. of quality football. Menzies will be remebered as an exceptionally skilled player, but I do think Hindmarsh is better.

you just picked Hindmarsh because he was Dogs supporter when he was younger!! ;-)

bulldog

Bench
eelavation said:
bulldog said:

you just picked Hindmarsh because he was Dogs supporter when he was younger!! ;-)

I did not know that, but now that I do let me say Menzies is not even close to Hindmarsh in any respect. :lol:

Disco

Bench
Two different styles, too hard to pick

i reckon it comes down to what type of player you prefer, plus it will be easier to evaluate once they have both finnished there careers

eelsta

Bench
thank god he saw the light :lol: oh and i voted hindy, however menzies is nothing to sneer at, good player yes but biastly i say hindy :clap: :clap: :clap:

Booyah

Bench
Hindmarsh only just. Beaver back in his heydey was one of the most devastating ball runners in Australia, especially running off Cliffy.

He's crap now though. :lol:

Latest posts