What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sticky or Flanno ???????

newysharksfan

Juniors
With the change of style who has been coaching us for the last month Sticky or Flanno?
I hope Gus is eating his words.
Plenty of people would pay to watch the Sharkies on tonights performance.

azzah72

Bench
It's Ricky but it's a little too late, we might make a charge for the finals this year, we might not but fact remains that ricky has been stubborn for 4 years and it took him to now to finally swallow his pride and the results are showing.

I don't care but because I'm Finally enjoying it.

Inferno

Coach
Nah clearly the players wrested control after Sticky snatched it back after the Parra game.

Frailty

First Grade
Stuart was in the Tele, quoted as saying he plans to drop Gardner back into Toyota Cup in a couple of weeks. If this is the case - I'm glad we got rid of the pharkwit.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Stuart was in the Tele, quoted as saying he plans to drop Gardner back into Toyota Cup in a couple of weeks. If this is the case - I'm glad we got rid of the pharkwit.

Ohh frailty, have you got your Gards photo up on your wall yet?

hahaha .

millersnose

Post Whore
Did we throw it around against the Roosters?

yes to great effect

Which "game plan/style" did we use?

the one where we took risks in attack, spread the ball and used initiative in attack which fragmented the defence before them

it was a decentralised gp more likely to exploit the talents of a group of youngsters rather than a hard nose gp which suited the very experienced roosters of 2002

Who's was it?

if i had to guess it was ricky under pressure as the board was clearly under the impression the previous one didnt work

Quigs

Immortal
Where's Redders and SSB? They'll know for sure!

BUSTRIKE ... the busses are down.

blakey.jpg

They chartered a train to bring em down, it's on its way

p-rm.jpg

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
yes to great effect
Maybe you could explain why the offload rate actually dropped for Roosters game compared to the games where we we actually lost. in fact, the only constants seems to be comparing the games that we won, to the games we lost is the following;
1: completion rate over 80%
2: Error rate below opposition
3: A fair shake of the referee/video 50/50 callls

the one where we took risks in attack, spread the ball and used initiative in attack which fragmented the defence before them
after watching replays of a few game earlier in the year, I saw the same risks & the same ball movement. Unfortunately what i also saw was dropped ball at critical times during those movements.
it was a decentralised gp more likely to exploit the talents of a group of youngsters rather than a hard nose gp which suited the very experienced roosters of 2002
I thought it was just playing what was in front of them, which was the worst defensive line I have seen all year.

if i had to guess it was ricky under pressure as the board was clearly under the impression the previous one didnt work
I would say it was Rickys. Just doing what Ricky does best & that is coming up with game plan adjustments to suit the conditions, the team & specific situations. it seems that Ricks game plans work, all of them, if the above 3 conditions are met.

millersnose

Post Whore
Maybe you could explain why the offload rate actually dropped for Roosters game compared to the games where we we actually lost. in fact, the only constants seems to be comparing the games that we won, to the games we lost is the following;
1: completion rate over 80%
2: Error rate below opposition
3: A fair shake of the referee/video 50/50 callls

after watching replays of a few game earlier in the year, I saw the same risks & the same ball movement. Unfortunately what i also saw was dropped ball at critical times during those movements.

sure

anticipation

it was trained for clearly whereas before if an offload happened it was a total surprise - when a long pass happened no one was there

I thought it was just playing what was in front of them, which was the worst defensive line I have seen all year.

i do not deny that

I would say it was Rickys. Just doing what Ricky does best & that is coming up with game plan adjustments to suit the conditions, the team & specific situations. it seems that Ricks game plans work, all of them, if the above 3 conditions are met.

i think you would be in the minority with such a view