What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sticky or Flanno ???????

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well i don't. Well not what the majority thinks is a changed game plan anyway.
The biggest change in the Sharks 2010 structure occurred when Smith came into the side. Both attacking changes & defensive changes. Since then the simple variations or "levels" as you call them have been more evident.

The Dodger

First Grade
millers, the only difference i have seen in regards to passing, instead of going one out to a prop, they now have been passing two out and running the ball.

if thats your interpretation of the team throwing the ball around, then you are wrong.

and i don't claim to know it all like some on here, but i am entitled to my opinion.

millersnose

Post Whore
oh so you say the amount of passing has doubled and this after denting for 3 pages any change to the amount of passing

well at least you are good for a chuckle

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
haha
You have a choice Newy.
1. Ricky Stuart with the same squad doing the same things they practiced for since the offseason with better execution & determination.
2. Ricky Stuart with a new board/forum inspired "game plan" that is harlem globe Trotter influenced.
3. Flanno by remote control
4. The players have taken complete control
5. Damian Irvine.
6. Nathan Brown Ghost.

The Dodger

First Grade
oh so you say the amount of passing has doubled and this after denting for 3 pages any change to the amount of passing

well at least you are good for a chuckle

it is you who is being laughed at.

passing the ball from dummy half one extra time per each set isn't throwing the ball around.

it is what you call structured play.

something that you say isn't happening.

when someone says throwing the ball around, i think of the tigers when practically every player touches the ball on each tackle, trying to make as many metres as they can, or teams like the panthers rushing into tackles taking out two defenders, before offloading to somebody running alongside them before popping inside to a speedier runner.

that is what you call throwing the ball around.

not making an extra pass each set.

you tool.

millersnose

Post Whore
a doubling of the passing rate certainly means the ball is being thrown more

why not wheel out your offload stats to prove that the passes arent there again

that was f**king funny...

and then claim the passing rate has effectively doubled

hahahaaa

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
a doubling of the passing rate certainly means the ball is being thrown more

why not wheel out your offload stats to prove that the passes arent there again

that was f**king funny...

and then claim the passing rate has effectively doubled

hahahaaa

Whilst Dodgers explanation of the strategies is poor, I have to agree with him Millers.
As an example , in the games we have won this year, not 2 were the same in the attacking stategy we used. Teh fundamental game plan was there but the attacking variations were pretty obvious. Even the game against the Broncos that we lost, the kick to the corners strategy on broken play was patently obvious. That was not there for the game against the Roosters.
Changing the focal point of the attack from the 20% to 30% lanes, is not a different game plan. it is just a variation. Every team practices for that.

millersnose

Post Whore
is not a different game plan. it is just a variation.

ok

lets call the change a variation

Definitions of variation on the Web:
  • an instance of change; the rate or magnitude of change
  • an activity that varies from a norm or standard; "any variation in his routine was immediately reported"

we have reached a concensus
there is more passing bought about by a 'variation' to the game plan

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
ok

lets call the change a variation

we have reached a concensus
there is more passing bought about by a 'variation' to the game plan

We still use the same defensive methods. We still use the same running sequences. We still use the same players in the same positions. WE still use the short side with the same runners. The fundamental game plan has not changed & it is very different to that employed by some other teams & similar to others.
N.Qld are now Sharks rnds 1-5 They are playing without confidence are dropping balls in the shifts are getting the raw end of decisions etc etc. You watch when they get it together & they will, people will say things have changed.

millersnose

Post Whore
We still use the same defensive methods.

well actually we are not sliding as we did on the goal line though i grant you that was unlikely a ricky thing as he is very much a rush man

We still use the same running sequences. We still use the same players in the same positions. WE still use the short side with the same runners. The fundamental game plan has not changed & it is very different to that employed by some other teams & similar to others.

hang on

you 'agreed' with dodger that the play happens 2 passes out now

you are confusing me

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The team was trying to get to different points from rnd 1. But it wasn't working. Dropped balls & pushed passes & offloads during poor sets & then Albert Kellys forgettable run at fullback.
I believe the team went back to basics & concentrated on getting the fundamentals of the game plan in order, which they did. They have been buidling off that & throwing in variations against every opponent.
I believe that they utilise all of your "levels during each game, depending on the situation.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
You blokes need some ammo

Receives are when a player gets the ball from a play the ball (PTB), offload or pass.

Catching a kick, fielding a grounder, intercepts, diving on loose balls etc are not receives.

So if there are x receives in a game, less x offloads and less x PTBs what's left are passes

Hammer it out lads

0489b70c.jpg

Latest posts