What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stockpiling in Premier League

rossy

Juniors
From the following list, point out which established first graders would be in the starting side at your club.

Aidan Kirk
Gavin Lester
Iosia Soliola
Todd Byrne
Aaron Mercer
Luke Dorn
Grant Rovelli
George Rose
Ian Henderson
Ben Hannant
Lopini Paea
Mickey Paea
Richard Russell
Michael Burns
Tyrone Smith
Willie Bishop
Lelea Paea

thickos

First Grade
We'd only need Luke Dorn from that list. I can't believe he went to the Roosters in the first place. Then again the Raiders have PLENTY of handy PL'ers, so I dont think this is a particularly fair question.

In PL we have

Drew
Graham
Kahler
Rothery
Miller and
Carney

at various stages of the season. All future first graders (except Drew).

rossy

Juniors
What about this list?

Luke Young
Nathan Barry
Steven Hughes
Jamie Frizzo
Cameron Phelps
Johnathan Thurston
Brett Oliver
Hutch Maiava
Adam Brideson
Trevor Thurling
Nate Myles
Jamie Feeney
Reni Maitua
Daniel Harvey
Josh Cale
Dayne Neirinckx
Adrian Rainey

rossy

Juniors
Or this one?

Trent CLAYTON
Brett HOWLAND
Shaun ATA
Danny GALEA
Damien BLANCH
Daniel RUSSELL
Tim MACCAN
Peter LEWIS
Shannon DONATO
Frank PULETUA
Matthew POW
Jason WRIGLEY
David McLEAN

Edwahu

Bench
Dorn, Rose, Byrne, Bishop would probably all get starts in the Raiders top 17 pretty quickly. Dont know much about the rest but the from what I have read Soliola and Kirk would be a good chance too and one or two of the Paea brothers as well.

Same goes for Thurston, Oliver, Maiava, Brideson, Thurling, Feeney and Maitua from the Dogs.

bulldogs = #1

Juniors
rossy said:
What about this list?

Luke Young
Nathan Barry
Steven Hughes
Jamie Frizzo
Cameron Phelps
Johnathan Thurston
Brett Oliver
Hutch Maiava
Adam Brideson
Trevor Thurling
Nate Myles
Jamie Feeney
Reni Maitua
Daniel Harvey
Josh Cale
Dayne Neirinckx
Adrian Rainey

as of now: Maitua is a first grader

as of 2005: Hughes = retired, thurston = first grader, maivia = first grader, feeney = first grader - - soo not many problems there, thank you come again with another dumb question

legend

Coach
Braindead argument. Rossy is comparing a Roosters PL squad to everyones PL team which includes players in the club's top 25.

How about you add the Roosters players in the first grade sqaud who are regularly playing PL and then do the comparison.

labinator

Juniors
Gavin Lester, George Rose, Todd Byrne, Aaron Mercer, Luke Dorn, Ian Henderson, Lelea Paea and Lopini Paea are all in the roosters top 25

rossy

Juniors
legend said:
Braindead argument. Rossy is comparing a Roosters PL squad to everyones PL team which includes players in the club's top 25.

How about you add the Roosters players in the first grade sqaud who are regularly playing PL and then do the comparison.

That was last week's team for the Roosters, Dogs and the most recent Cougars squad I could find.

Although you view it a "braindead argument" it's in fact accurate. That squad is not a stockpiled group of guns but and average reserve grade side. Nothing more, nothing less.

Nugby

Juniors
None, Rossy, the dragon's premier league team is beating them, anyway, I'm more happy with:
1. Clint GREENSHIELDS
2. Lee BENNETT
3. David HOWELL
4. Wes NAIQAMA
5. Andrew FREW
6. Daniel HOLDSWORTH
7. Brett FIRMAN
8. Aaron WHEATLEY
9. Wade HUMPHREYS
10. David TANGATA-TOA
11. Henry PERENARA
12. Tony JENSEN
13. Ryan POWELL (c)

15. Willie LEYSHON
16. Stacey KATU
17. Lachlan RUSSELL
18. Corey PAYNE

When the Roosters are plucking your Premier League players (Firman) to play first grade, you've got to be confident :lol:

labinator

Juniors
Nugby said:
When the Roosters are plucking your Premier League players (Firman) to play first grade, you've got to be confident :lol:

this the same Firman who last year was being touted by you dragons fans as the next andrew johns

Edwahu

Bench
You also have to take into account there are probably 5 or 6 Roosters flegg players who would walk into most top 25's. The Raiders offered two of them first grade contracts this year and Souths has picked up a couple as well I think.

Hoggy

Bench
rossy said:
Hoggy said:
I didn't realise you weren't allowed depth. :|

Apparently, it's a rort according to some on these forums. And they're *all* experts too Hoggy.

Yeah exactly, same old same old.

On that note only Byrne I reckon would get a game with us anyway. :?

Latest posts