What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stop Gasnier - Sheens issues Tigers ultimatum

Dragon

Coach
Meh if they are watching Gaz, it will only give Soward more time to do his thing.

W.Smith

Juniors
cool read, SMH are coming up with some decent reads this week

Mr Sheens mentioned that right foot step and it just reminded me of the Manly try in front of the hill, my fave try of 2010, slowed it down frame by frame and it was evn more awesome watching Gaz shoot his ass thru that gap between Foran and Williams

brilliant skilful try

Sheens is right Gaz always fires against the tigers. I can see Hornby feeding it to Creagh to barge over on that left hand side for the first try :)

TheRev

Coach
Its a Tim Sheens G-Up... to put more pressure on the Dragons, and hide his own game-plan.

There is no way Sheens main concern is Gasniers very occasional line-break, of course he is a threat (as is Flo), but the Dragons left-side of Cooper/Creagh/Boyd/Soward/Morris is where all the focus will be.

MattYg1

Bench
Agreed but even still you would have to think Rev that both sides would be a concern... There defence is suspect all over the paddock and seeing Harrison tear them to shreds last week must of been a major concern for Sheens. Bennett would of been watching that very keenly.

I hope we see Boyd trailing up the middle again like he was before the semi's started.

TheRev

Coach
Agreed but even still you would have to think Rev that both sides would be a concern... There defence is suspect all over the paddock and seeing Harrison tear them to shreds last week must of been a major concern for Sheens. Bennett would of been watching that very keenly.

I hope we see Boyd trailing up the middle again like he was before the semi's started.

Hopefully you are right, I would be surprised if we didnt stick with a left-side attacking focus though, not with 2 weeks of football left, but this time next year I would hope that we have done a lot more work on our right-side attack.

Thing is though, if we dont win the battle up the middle, none of this will probably matter :p

STG 002

First Grade
i'm more worried about chris lawrence on soward. last week tony williams had soward afew times one on one and the idiot williams kept coming back on the inside. lawrence is a much better player. soward will have his work cut out for him out there. they didnt score many at kogarah but that was one gap they found on the day. and it's benji's favoured side. can someone tell wayne?

The criticism of the dragons attack over the last two years is ridiculous. If you look at the broncos when Bennett coached them, they only had two attacking plays. An inside ball around the ruck area from Lockyer or the same play we use with Hornby/Boyd/Cooper/Morris with Lockyer/Hunt. You do not need a full bag of set plays to win a competition. An uncomplicated game plan will win over a complicated game plan. You rely on the instincts of players like Fein, Soward, Hornby and Gaznier to provide you with the rest of the attacking spark. More often than not opportunities arise from 'bounce of the ball' to jag a try here and there anyway. I watched a game the other night from 05 where the dragons beat the tigers 40-32 and I can tell you now, all you have to do is watch a game from the 'Nathan Brown' era to feel significantly better about how we play the game today. Some of the most horrendous errors you could possibly imagine, happened in that game. Ryles trying to scoot from dummy half a meter out from his own line and getting forced in goal. Going over the sideline on the first tackle after a scrum. We had the side to win the competition in 04, 05, and 06 but we were a poorly drilled side that lacked discipline and direction. Be grateful for what we have now!!! Go the DRAGONS!!!!

hardbaby

Coach
Gasnier has an amazing record against the Tigers so he will be a danger on the right - I think he will kill them this week. Our left side has been awesome all year. But the real danger, IMO, is right up the guts. Inside balls, dummy half scoots with support, Boyd in close rather than out wide. Beat the Tigers up the middle.

Efresh

Coach
i'm more worried about chris lawrence on soward. last week tony williams had soward afew times one on one and the idiot williams kept coming back on the inside.

Phil Gould was making a lot of that on the telecast but to me it looked on most occasions like there were 3 or 4 guys coming across on the inside who would have smashed Williams if he tried to go over Soward, just like in most games this year. But there were a couple of times he might have got lucky and didn't try. If Lawrence wants to try it out, he can go for his life. He will get smashed.

i'm more worried about chris lawrence on soward. last week tony williams had soward afew times one on one and the idiot williams kept coming back on the inside. lawrence is a much better player. soward will have his work cut out for him out there. they didnt score many at kogarah but that was one gap they found on the day.

Lawrence just beat Scott for pace that night. He will find it a hell of a lot harder to run around gaz

Minh

First Grade
With Gaz starting to hit decent form the right edge is beginning to look good with Nightingale on his outside as well. The Dragons are a better more rounded team in attack with the acquisition of Gaz and certainly the opposition cannot simply stack the left side as was the old style of Dragons attack, which in turn will make this left side even more potent. I was a bit worried about the return of Gaz and how it would impact the team, but the concerns was unfounded and given Wayne Bennett approved it I was quietly confident that all was Ok. Wayne Bennett is a LEGEND win lose or draw.:cool:

Latest posts