What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm brewing as Melbourne commemorate salary-cap tainted 'premiership'

Jeez getting a bit defensive there chooks fans ... gotta say though if you think Crichton and cordner are on 300-400 k you need psychiatric help...
anyway yeah the storm they are cheats haha ...

Raiders were over the cap by miles in 90/91 and had to release a bunch of players ... can’t think of anytime in the last twenty years or so the roosters have had to let players go due to salary cap issues ... I could be wrong but please let me know

Valheru

Coach
Jeez getting a bit defensive there chooks fans ... gotta say though if you think Crichton and cordner are on 300-400 k you need psychiatric help...
anyway yeah the storm they are cheats haha ...

No one is saying 300-400k. We are saying 750 for Crighton and 650 for Cordner. That gives us an extra 400k straight up from your figures from only 2 players which allows for 3 of the minimum wage players you talked about.

No one is saying 300-400k. We are saying 750 for Crighton and 650 for Cordner. That gives us an extra 400k straight up from your figures from only 2 players which allows for 3 of the minimum wage players you talked about.
Yep point taken , the 1mil fig for Crichton was from zero tackle article on the highest paid nrl players , it also shows their reported value ( reported by who ? , who knows ? )
https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/highest-paid-players/

As it says in the disclaimer it’s not 100% accurate but best I could find without contacting Robbo and asking him myself ... not that he’d tell me haha or If i even know his contact details

Cockosh

Juniors
Raiders were over the cap by miles in 90/91 and had to release a bunch of players ... can’t think of anytime in the last twenty years or so the roosters have had to let players go due to salary cap issues ... I could be wrong but please let me know
Again you make such strong arguments that it’s difficult to counter. When you think about it we really don’t lose players. I’m
So glad we still have these guys in reserve.
Matterson
Napa
Ferguson
Momirovski
O’Sullivan
Reece Robinson
Paul carter
Nikorima
Vunakece
Pearce
Guerra
Skd
Watson
Maloney
Sheck
Gordon
Evans
Sbw
Baptiste

Again you make such strong arguments that it’s difficult to counter. When you think about it we really don’t lose players. I’m
So glad we still have these guys in reserve.
Matterson - gun player ( surprised you let him go ... tigers broke the bank getting him)
Napa- penalty machine who offers little
Ferguson- the ferg ... Parra wanted to pay , you guys didn’t
Momirovski - fringe first grader at best
O’Sullivan- o’lolivan ....
Reece Robinson- can’t tackle for shit , I’d know he played for us
Paul carter- hated by his own teammates
Nikorima - umm.
Vunakece - taking the piss surely
Pearce- lol Cronk
Guerra- injury prone and aubo does a better job
SKD - Morris / Hall
Watson- agree
Maloney- keary
Rts - Tedesco
Gordon- Tedesco -
Evans - sst - jwh
SBW- agree
Baptiste-Friend - verrils- radley

If you wanted to keep any of them you would have , 80 % of players listed have been upgraded to better players at their position .....

So three out of 19 players you were desperate to keep I’d agree with , the rest were offered overs / been upgraded or are just rubbish players

Next question

Diesel

Referee
I’m sure someone at the ATO knows exactly what each player is making.
Perhaps it’s time to revisit the draft again, there’s the same clubs in the top 3 positions for the past 6-7 years and the same teams in the bottom 8, the salary cap, while it’s made more games a contest, isn’t perfect.

Cockosh

Juniors
Hahaha. Where was Tedesco when we lost rts?
Where was keary when Maloney left?
Where were Morris and hall when we let skd go?
At least get your years correct and who replaced who.
Whether we wanted to keep any of them or not is irrelevant. They All took up cap space. In many cases they’ve been replaced with rookies or better value for money players. Ie Morris for fergo. The only real upgrades in terms of spend were teddy for Gordon and Crichton for matterson.

Hahaha. Where was Tedesco when we lost rts?
Where was keary when Maloney left?
Where were Morris and hall when we let skd go?
At least get your years correct and who replaced who.
Whether we wanted to keep any of them or not is irrelevant. They All took up cap space. In many cases they’ve been replaced with rookies or better value for money players. Ie Morris for fergo. The only real upgrades in terms of spend were teddy for Gordon and Crichton for matterson.
Ok mate , have a good night

Danish

Referee
Your team must just want to play for easts on min wage then
Cronk -1mil
Keary - 6-800 k
Tedesco 1mil
Latrell 600k
Cordner -800k
Friend 600k+
JWH 500k
Radley 300-450
Crichton 1 mil
Manu 3-400
Tupou 3-400
Morris 2-300
SST- 300
Liu 300
Aubusson 300
Tetavano 200
Remaining cap 450,000
Remaining squad players 14
Average remaining salary 32,142.85
NRL min wage
That’s being generous in regards to salaries above and not including players
Hall
Butcher
Ikavalu
Etc
All who have played first grade this year

Nah you aren’t over the cap .. clown :clown:

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/rival-...l-salary/56e1af54-246f-46fe-9992-7865d8916121

3 year deal worth $450K a season for Mitchell, with the 3rd year in 2020 $100K pay bump over the other 2. That pegs Mitchell’s 2019 contract at around $400K.

Seems we’ve found another $200K to go along with the $600K you added to Cordner and Crichton.

Morris would also be on f**k all. He was signed without the promise of playing first grade, so would be on small money.

And not sure where you are getting $300-450K for radley. We resigned him when he had all of 10 first grade appearances under his belt. He’d be on closer to $250K at most, especially in 2019 (he’s signed till 2023).

You are essentially applying their top market value today to all our players. A value they’d only get by commuting career suicide going to shitty clubs.

Fact is roosters are great at signing up talent early, getting a valuable 50-70 odd games out of them, then moving them on once their value outweighs their talent to clubs that don’t look so far ahead (look at all the dead wood we’ve sold to the knights over the years, for example).

Cockosh

Juniors
Haha more like nightmares about the game on the weekend ... east record in Canberra is poor but that might change unfortunately
Should be a cracker of a game. Unfortunately our record there is on par with Gosford. Not confident at all. It could well decide who gets a home final.

Travitoh

First Grade
Cronk -1mil
Keary - 6-800 k
Tedesco 1mil
Latrell 600k
Cordner -800k
Friend 600k+
JWH 500k
Radley 300-450
Crichton 1 mil
Manu 3-400
Tupou 3-400
Morris 2-300
SST- 300
Liu 300
Aubusson 300
Tetavano 200
Remaining cap 450,000
NRL min wage
Hall
Butcher
Ikavalu
Etc

These estimations are very R20

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
When you fabricate facts to support your argument.
Cronk -1mil
Keary - 6-800 k
Tedesco 1mil
Latrell 600k
Cordner -800k
Friend 600k+
JWH 500k
Radley 300-450
Crichton 1 mil
Manu 3-400
Tupou 3-400
Morris 2-300
SST- 300
Liu 300
Aubusson 300
Tetavano 200
Remaining cap 450,000
NRL min wage
Hall
Butcher
Ikavalu
Etc

I Can do this too. Canberra are way over the cap

CNK 1 mil
Croker 3 mil
Papalii 37 mil

Diesel

Referee
The Storm in 2007 & 09 are no different to Canberra 90/91 and the Broncos throughout the 90’s. Only difference is the later started their own competition