What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm brewing as Melbourne commemorate salary-cap tainted 'premiership'

nick87

Coach
The Storm in 2007 & 09 are no different to Canberra 90/91 and the Broncos throughout the 90’s. Only difference is the later started their own competition

actually there is another really important and key difference, and perhaps it is the most important thing... the Raiders and Broncos premierships are recorded in the history books. History does not and never will record those Storm teams as premiers.

Thanks for playing though, Diesel.

Rooster8

Juniors
Your team must just want to play for easts on min wage then
Cronk -1mil
Keary - 6-800 k
Tedesco 1mil
Latrell 600k
Cordner -800k
Friend 600k+
JWH 500k
Radley 300-450
Crichton 1 mil
Manu 3-400
Tupou 3-400
Morris 2-300
SST- 300
Liu 300
Aubusson 300
Tetavano 200
Remaining cap 450,000
Remaining squad players 14
Average remaining salary 32,142.85
NRL min wage
That’s being generous in regards to salaries above and not including players
Hall
Butcher
Ikavalu
Etc
All who have played first grade this year

Nah you aren’t over the cap .. clown :clown:
Hahaha I bet you're that type of guy to shout this during smoko, then harass everyone with stories on how you could of made NRL and be better than Cordner if it wasn't for your shit knee

firechild

First Grade
Hahaha I bet you're that type of guy to shout this during smoko, then harass everyone with stories on how you could of made NRL and be better than Cordner if it wasn't for your shit knee
Could have*

Good to see you trying to paint someone else as a deadshit though.

Lebbo73

Bench
To be fair, the amount of people guilty of this is ridiculous. Numbers are reported by the telegraph and then repeated regularly enough that they become fact.

Eg Ben Hunt. What number springs immediately to mind when you think of his salary? I guarantee that it’s a number that was both denied by Millward, our head of pathways, and laughed off by Hunt.
$6m over five years. His contract expires at the end of the 2021 season.

Lebbo73

Bench
That article has no sources except where they reference themselves reporting on it previously.

Try again?
How about you go back to your home forum and have a look at the discussion around when The Dragons signed Ben Hunt. It started a civil war at the time.

SBD82

Coach
How about you go back to your home forum and have a look at the discussion around when The Dragons signed Ben Hunt. It started a civil war at the time.
Started a civil war?

My home forum is like the United States. We’ve been at war as long as anyone can remember, and the whole thing would fall apart if we ever stopped.

Springs09

Juniors
I dont see the big deal of any of this tbh... Melbourne can do as they please, they can display the trophies, they can put words on a jersey...it doesnt matter, the history and results are unchanged. Nothing the NRL can do can wipe those memories for storm players and fans, and nothing the storm players, fans or club can do to change the history.

It’s not a big deterrent is it? Cheat, win and get the great feelings and the memories. The only difference is you don’t have the trophy in your cabinet anymore. As a player, who would give a shit?

Aside from the cheating stuff, why did the NRL need to pay for Smiths dinner? Is he broke?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
It’s not a big deterrent is it? Cheat, win and get the great feelings and the memories. The only difference is you don’t have the trophy in your cabinet anymore. As a player, who would give a shit?

Aside from the cheating stuff, why did the NRL need to pay for Smiths dinner? Is he broke?

I agree with your point and actually, I'm pretty sure Smith mentioned that the trophies are on display at the Melbourne Storm offices.

This Year?

Immortal
The NRL should have demanded the return of all the rings.

Weak as piss.
But then what would Cam and Cooper do without an epic journey to ANZ?
How can Bellamy rule middle earth without the one ring? When the 17 are destroyed only then will men will not be slaves to greed.

Latest posts