What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm Lodge Complaint to Fox Sports and NRL

saint.nick

Coach

(Sorry I don't know how to cleanly paste the article into here)

The Storm remind me of the Chinese Communist Party, they do blatantly wrong shit and then deflect and cry conspiracy every time they are called out for it. Whatever you think of Paul Kent, he is bang on the money. They have pioneered virtually every single ethically questionable wrestling move in this game. They can point all they want to other clubs that do it, but they only do it to cancel out the competitive advantage that the Storm gain from each new wrestling move they introduce.

colly

Juniors
yES

(Sorry I don't know how to cleanly paste the article into here)

The Storm remind me of the Chinese Communist Party, they do blatantly wrong shit and then deflect and cry conspiracy every time they are called out for it. Whatever you think of Paul Kent, he is bang on the money. They have pioneered virtually every single ethically questionable wrestling move in this game. They can point all they want to other clubs that do it, but they only do it to cancel out the competitive advantage that the Storm gain from each new wrestling move they introduce.
I saw the show this week when Kent full on bagged the Melbourne storm. I thought Kent was spot on, suck eggs Storm. Don't do the crimes and it wont be a problem.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Makes a change, they usually wait until the playoffs to heap Sht on the most successful RL club in the country of the modern era!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Makes a change, they usually wait until the playoffs to heap Sht on the most successful RL club in the country of the modern era!

Game_Breaker

Coach
‘Line crossed:’ Storm complain to NRL, Fox Sports over Bellamy bashing
781f7a16cafe800fcc64fb756b16fc18cd9baf9d

By Michael Chammas
March 28, 2021 — 8.00pm
View all comments

The Melbourne Storm have sent official complaints to the NRL and Fox Sports about the comments made by journalists working for the broadcaster that were directed at coach Craig Bellamy last week.

The Storm also sent a letter to club members on Saturday night, defending the integrity of the premiership-winning coach after criticism from several News Corp publications over the past week.

07e4ef5144768d0a07c1ba62c2b10e3ba9ebda5e

Craig Bellamy and the Melbourne Storm have taken offence to comments made by News Corp journalists.Credit:Getty

The Storm, and in particularly Bellamy, took offence to comments made by NRL 360 host Paul Kent, who said the Storm implemented wrestling tactics "designed to maim and injure players".

“All right let me just say this, Grapple tackle, chicken wing, rolling pin, hip drop, crusher, crocodile rolls, cannon balls, ankle twists,” Kent said on NRL 360.

“The only constant in Melbourne since 2005 when all those tackles have been brought in and later banned in the game is the head coach Craig Bellamy. So I think the less advice we take from Craig Bellamy about the welfare of players the better.

“And you can go to town on that because you know what? They are the ones that are doing it. The game is now producing rules to counter what Melbourne are trying to introduce. I’ve got no stock in it.”

Melbourne Storm chief executive Justin Rodski emailed NRL and Fox Sports executives on Saturday, before making their position clear to club members. The Storm said it will not take legal action.

"This week, our coach of the last 19 years was, in our view, unfairly criticised by particular commentators," Rodski said.

"As a club, we appreciate the media has a job to do each week reporting on our great game and our broadcasters are critical to growing our game and giving our fans the chance to watch their team play week in, week out.

“A large majority of journalists and reporters play fair too. But, on this occasion, we believe the line was crossed and have taken the matter up with the NRL and Fox Sports. It’s only fair we do so.

"Craig Bellamy is a person of the highest character and integrity, he is a legend of the game, and he deserves to be respected and celebrated for the contribution he has made to the Melbourne Storm and the NRL.

e14d98e453cb99c2705f2f691bfb56918b646c9a

Storm coach Craig Bellamy has come under fire the past week over the club’s wrestling tactics.Credit:Getty Images

"But most importantly, he is loved by his players, his coaching group, his staff and by the broader Melbourne Storm community, including our members. Let’s make sure we get behind our coach and our team next Friday and show the rest of the competition what the Melbourne Storm is made of."

Both Fox Sports and the NRL declined to comment on the matter, however it's likely the Storm's complaints will fall on deaf ears. The NRL hasn't previously interfered with how the pay television network covers the game, nor does it intend to start now. There's a belief the Storm have gone public with their views in a show of solidarity as they await a decision from Bellamy about his future.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/li...bellamy-bashing-20210328-p57eo9.html#comments

no name

Coach
I am far from a Storm fan, and think some of their tactics are questionable, but lol at Kent for being such a cry baby.
If he is that against them, they must be doing something right. They shouldn’t whinge about it, but wear it as a badge of honour.

saint.nick

Coach
I am far from a Storm fan, and think some of their tactics are questionable, but lol at Kent for being such a cry baby.
If he is that against them, they must be doing something right. They shouldn’t whinge about it, but wear it as a badge of honour.
This makes no sense at all