1. Round 6 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 6 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

It's time for the NRL to take concussion more seriously. A look at recent events and what rules need changing. We talk to Adam O'Brien on how Newcastle plan to respond after last week's big loss to the Titans, and there's a special tribute to retiring North Queensland half Michael Morgan. As always, the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 6 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Storm Lodge Complaint to Fox Sports and NRL

Discussion in 'NRL Media Watch' started by saint.nick, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

rubbish

2. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

people need to stop being led by cocks like Kent and realise that there are players in the game that see red, do stupid sht and some that are just downright grubby. It’s not a Storm thing it is a rugby league thing! Yes Storm led the way in slowing the play of the ball down using wrestling techniques, you might not like it but it was highly effective and followed by every other team once they saw how effective it was. That’s just great coaching, blame the nrl for not addressing it if you don’t like the tactic, to say Storm players deliberately go out to injure players is BS and there have been far worse consistent dangerous and grubby players in The nrl over the last decade than anyone at the Storm. JWH,Gallen, Dylan wanker, Hodges to name but a few.

3. Chief_Chujo

Chief_Chujo Bench

Where is the rubbish??? Did the storm introduce 5 or 6 different wrestling/mma moves to slow the ruck down? What is the point of those moves in wrestling/mma???

4. Chief_Chujo

Chief_Chujo Bench

They did address it. SIX times.

5. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

No, you’re just glugging the media koolaid

6. Mark B

Mark B Juniors

Red, you are not 100 percent wrong with your argument in naming some of the biggest grubs to ever play in the NRL. Do I think Kent is right to wrong? I think most of the time he plays to a script and will put his point across that’s in the script. Sometimes personally I think he is right other times, like you I think he is wrong.
    As a long suffering Parra supporter I had to switch off 360 in 2016 due to the fact he was relentless in his attacks on the club over their salary cap debacle. He hammered them left right and centre every episode. The thing was though, he was right! Parra were being led by a bunch of merkins who were blatantly breaking the rules, got busted, started by denying it and telling the fans all was well.
    My opinion on the Storm’s ‘grubby’ tactics are not dictated by Kent, but by the Storm themselves. I don’t think the tactics they employ mostly set out to deliberately injure players, but is highly negligent and fraught with danger. Its all about controlling the ruck speed by inflicting discomfort on the opposition player. The two incidents this year, the first being Kaufusi on Matterson was similar to Cody Walker’s and I did say similar as Walkers’s intent was worse IMHO It was a low dog act. However Kaufusi being highly negligent KO’d Matterson who played no further part in the game and was also going very well. The other being the hip drop on a player already tackled by two players. This one IMHO is to ensure ruck control. The act though is very negligent and will eventually cause serious injury.
    BTW, thats a low blow talking about Kent being anywhere near my nether regions:)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  7. roofromoz

roofromoz Bench

Wenty boy myself. Good place to grow up.

8. Captain Apollo

Captain Apollo First Grade

I'm no fan of the Melbourne Storm, and nor am I any fan of Paul Kent. However I happened to hear Kent's comments on the night and in many ways I agree with him. The Storm have brought a lot of negative stuff into the game. It may be legal in many respects at the time, but has it actually made the game better? In my opinion no.

Hence I think he is right to criticise the Storm for it.

Additionally, the fact that the Storm management have had to go public about lodging a complaint to Fox Sports and the NRL just underlines the continued thin skinned, arrogant air, that the club's management have been known for over the last 10-15 years. They never do anything wrong and how dare anyone even hint at criticising them. Give me a break.

Chief_Chujo, Mark B and Jim Rockford like this.
  9. Jim Rockford

Jim Rockford Juniors

This, more than the wrestling and the salary cap cheating, is the reason why they are universally despised.

sensesmaybenumbed likes this.
  10. sensesmaybenumbed

sensesmaybenumbed Moderator Staff Member

It's the fact that they did it and have the gall to feel hard done by despite their crimes that makes me despise them.

Chief_Chujo, Mark B and Jim Rockford like this.