What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm Or Bust…

Card Shark

Immortal
Well, can we win?

We always give them a good run for their money however they are a class above this year & we are 2 classes below.

That might get canceled out a bit if they rest a few however they all come from the same (winning) system so I don’t expect the replacements to be mugs.

Going to be an intense build up!

Ozzi_78

First Grade
The opposition is irrelevant.

Need to complete at 90% and we can beat any team. Complete at 65% and it doesn’t matter.

How many games this year where we lost were we beaten by the opposition tactics and not cos we played dumb impatient footy.

Let’s see what they’ve got.

Big Bloke

Juniors
The opposition is irrelevant.

Need to complete at 90% and we can beat any team. Complete at 65% and it doesn’t matter.

How many games this year where we lost were we beaten by the opposition tactics and not cos we played dumb impatient footy.

Let’s see what they’ve got.
I disagree. Complete at 100% and it won't matter if our defence is shit. And unfortunately it is.

Our middles especially were awful until Tolman came on and plugged it up and to a lesser extent Uele.

If we defend all game like we did in the last 20 minutes against the Broncos then I might give us some chance of winning.

Tiger Shark

Bench
So we're relying on the Roosters and the Warriors(again) ?

Just win our game.

We're in trouble if we rely on the Warriors. Can only see a Titans win.

Roosters hopefully turn up, they are still a chance of a Top 4 spot, albeit unlikely due to who Manly play but they're first up so will want to give themselves every chance.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Who’s gives a flying fox anyway. Just glad the season is over in either one or two weeks time.
Moaning over storms loss on the weekend or getting the calculator out on the weekend to work out if we slide in on a fluke is just painful.
They win Friday night well done - they don’t, so be it.
But for the love of any sharks tragic, just have a dead set crack. All season you’ve got no idea who is going to turn up and it is dead set annoying

Tiger Shark

Bench
Who’s gives a flying fox anyway. Just glad the season is over in either one or two weeks time.
Moaning over storms loss on the weekend or getting the calculator out on the weekend to work out if we slide in on a fluke is just painful.
They win Friday night well done - they don’t, so be it.
But for the love of any sharks tragic, just have a dead set crack. All season you’ve got no idea who is going to turn up and it is dead set annoying

They've turned up the last couple of weeks, i know it's only the Tigers and Broncos but there is defn effort in the performances which is good.

If only that effort was there for other games like the Dogs game, we wouldn't be in this position.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Chad needs to stand up and do his beloved sharks a favour

Chad is out I think. Shoulder injury he's been carrying for a while.

Not sure if that's doing us a favour or not, they looked completely useless once they went off but they haven't won a game with him.

Card Shark

Immortal
Storms leading the comp.
Won 20 straight.

We are a long way short of their quality and preparation.

I'm resigned.

Our future hangs on the Thursday night game

Quite often teams that have a long winning streak broken, lose 2 in a row.

I don’t think we can have any faith in the Roosters beating the Raiders, their injury toll has caught up with them.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
The way I see it the semis have come a week early…. Storm will put the premiership before the minor premiership and play a depleted side. If we can’t beat half a Storm side we don’t deserve to go any further (and probably don’t anyway). Interesting fact… if we do happen to beat the Storm we’d be the only side in the comp to have beaten both the Pennies and the Storm this year. Never mind the fact that they were both reserve grade sides.