What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm owner wants to buy the GF

SBD82

Coach
My issue with this isn’t the Storm (and believe me I have issues with the Storm).

My issue is that this would add fuel to the Victorian media who carry on about their city being the sporting capital of Australia.

Having said that, if there was ever a time to do it, now is the time. No chance Sydney can host with a crowd. Second choice should be Brisbane, given everything they’ve contributed to RL over the lifetime of the game. Distant third is Melbourne. But they are definitely third.

STORM.99/07

Bench
I don't have a problem with this.

QLD got all 3 origin games. Melbourne lost their origin game. And money wise it's daylight between the revenue that is possible if Melbourne hosted it versus Brisbane. That said, it's unlikely any NSW people will be able to attend the game, so not sure what a turnout Victorian's would provide.
It would probably sell out

mxlegend99

Referee
Honestly give it to them.. QLD got the Origin series. Give Victoria the grand final. NSW won't have crowds anytime soon.

At the end of the day a home crowd advantage makes SFA difference. No team is beating the Storm at any venue.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
They should play the NRL Grand Final in Western Melbourne like Altona or SE Melbourne in Dandenong.

That is where NRL is really starting to get a foothold in Melbourne

The champagne sippers at the MCG wouldn't know the difference between rugby league or rugby union

sempmrh

Juniors
They should play the NRL Grand Final in Western Melbourne like Altona or SE Melbourne in Dandenong.

That is where NRL is really starting to get a foothold in Melbourne

The champagne sippers at the MCG wouldn't know the difference between rugby league or rugby union
The intent behind these posts seems a little too vague to fully come across as a troll account so well done to you, I suppose.

Suspend the comp for two weeks and get all the players, officials and their families onto a cruise ship (there must be a ton available) and let them isolate on a slow journey to NZ where the comp can resume and end there as a big thank you from the game. Wouldn’t mind the GF held there. Rugby would hate it.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Ch7 thinks it great, I look forward to never watching that channel again, but I love the Olympics, even their ads piss me off.

Kerry Stokes is a vfl tragic, what a shame he is.