What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm sponsors now walking

Stoner Rock

Juniors
Who needs sponsors when the cash you get given by the NRL and News Ltd is more than Cronulla's total operating budget?

Inferno

Coach
We can also guarantee we will at the very least equal or better the position we finished last year.

How many clubs can guarantee that!

Ausguy

Coach
rumour is the storm wont survive this...

what are your thoughts??

how amazing (and i spose bad) would it be if they folded...

I dont think it has much to do with if supporters get to the games... the supporters wont bring in enough to save them...

This weeks game will be very interesting... i still tipped em. not sure why though.

millersnose

Post Whore
they will survive - league now has a foothold in melbourne and the on field success of the storm has made them a very viable outfit for a sponsor

S.R.

Juniors

what are your thoughts??

I dont think it has much to do with if supporters get to the games... the supporters wont bring in enough to save them...

This weeks game will be very interesting... i still tipped em. not sure why though.

IF they don't survive, the pressure on the NRL to ensure that no other NRL teams fall over is huge. They couldn't possibly let the Sharks, Knights, Raiders, or anyone else fold.

The CC Bears would be in. 16 team comp.

I don't think the Storm will die.

Inferno

Coach

what are your thoughts??

Supporters and sponsorship is kind of irrelevant because it will probably total only a small fraction of their operating expenses. They lost 6 million last year off the back of making 3 grand finals, winning minor premierships AND winning last year's grand final.

If they lost 6 million, it makes you wonder how much News Ltd is putting into them. The equation is pretty simple, if News ltd continues to back them, they'll survive, if they don't, they won't.

I tipped the Kiwis just because they have a pretty good record against Melbourne in recent times. Could really go either way though, and with the playing roster and coach they have, Melbourne should really still be competitive for the rest of the year.

Latest posts