What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm to have full-training match this Satuday

skeepe

Immortal
Ice777 said:
I'd be more worried about my own teams performance if i were you rainman and not the Storm's. We have some work to do i agree but from what i saw Manly have their own problems to take care of themselves. You wouldn't want to fall in a heap against the Dragons like you did last week against the Knights.

At least we won and always remember, it's much better to win ugly than to lose pretty which you blokes did either of those anyway. Well you may have lost but it wasn't that pretty ;-)

Stop being so bloody precious. He merely stated the point that the Storm were lacklustre last week. Anybody with eyes could see that.

innsaneink

Referee
Ice777 said:
Well if you call winning your last 5 after having a break being able to handle it then yes, the Storm can handle it. It's not to say they'll win every single game after a break but i'd be much more confident winning the last 5 than losing the last 5 ay ink?

How many of those 5 have been semi's?

Ice777

Bench
innsaneink said:
How many of those 5 have been semi's?

It's a bit hard to have stats on that if it hasn't happened. I'm going by facts inky boy and i'm not going to guess or try to predict the future like you are. Only time will tell if it happens in the semi's and until it does, if it does, i can't comment on it ;-)

Ice777

Bench
skeepe said:
Stop being so bloody precious. He merely stated the point that the Storm were lacklustre last week. Anybody with eyes could see that.

And i agreed we had some work to do but i'm not talking about that. I just found the irony in the statements from someone who called the Storm lacklustre after winning, when his side hardly set the world on fire and lost. Funny you should call me precious Skeepe after the numerous posts i've seen form you up in arms when someone has a go at Canberra. Go back through your posts and you'll see what i mean ;-)

RainMan

Juniors
Ice777 said:
I'd be more worried about my own teams performance if i were you rainman and not the Storm's. We have some work to do i agree but from what i saw Manly have their own problems to take care of themselves. You wouldn't want to fall in a heap against the Dragons like you did last week against the Knights.

At least we won and always remember, it's much better to win ugly than to lose pretty which you blokes did either of those anyway. Well you may have lost but it wasn't that pretty ;-)

Geez you got sand in your vagina or something?

This isn't about Manly, its about Melbournes training match. I am raising a point as to why they may be having it, not attacking them.

skeepe

Immortal
This seems to be Ice777's posting method... attack the poster, not the substance of the post, and hope everyone else think's he/she is extremely witty/funny/smart etc

innsaneink

Referee
Ice777 said:
It's a bit hard to have stats on that if it hasn't happened. I'm going by facts inky boy and i'm not going to guess or try to predict the future like you are. Only time will tell if it happens in the semi's and until it does, if it does, i can't comment on it ;-)

Hows Im trying to predict the future?

Youre teams in unchartered territory, an as my question posed, theyve NEVER been in this situation before, your coach has initiated a relevant training method that reflects that unknown factor...yet all week youve been telling us your team will handle the break no problemo....

precious.:lol:

Ice777

Bench
innsaneink said:
Hows Im trying to predict the future?

Youre teams in unchartered territory, an as my question posed, theyve NEVER been in this situation before, your coach has initiated a relevant training method that reflects that unknown factor...yet all week youve been telling us your team will handle the break no problemo....

precious.:lol:

No all week i've been hearing how Storm won't handle the break as many other teams haven't in the past. I've merely pointed out that in the past we are one of the teams who have. Whether it happens in the semi's remains to be seen and until it does i'm not going to speculate because i can't. I get the feeling that you seem to think that they won't handle it that's all. I may be wrong but it's just the impression i get.

Oh and Skeepe, i never attacked the poster just pointed out how i found what i read ironic. If you read it again i actually agreed we had some work to do so i actually agreed with that part. BTW i couldn't care less what people think of me around and i don't hope they think anything in particular of me. Most people probably don't like me but if it bothered me i wouldn't come back. It's hardly something i'm gonna lose any sleep over :D

Azkatro

First Grade
It's a brave idea, but could prove hugely beneficial. Everybody knows that during the finals series a week off can really hurt a team.

Raider_69

Post Whore
if they come through with no injuries it will be worth it
however lets say cronk, smith or inglis pick up an injury in this game, suddenly its a pretty ridiculous idea...

risky, i imagine they will have a system where by key players like inglis, smith and cronk will be wearing red shirts and forbidden to engage in full on contact

philstorm

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
if they come through with no injuries it will be worth it
however lets say cronk, smith or inglis pick up an injury in this game, suddenly its a pretty ridiculous idea...

risky, i imagine they will have a system where by key players like inglis, smith and cronk will be wearing red shirts and forbidden to engage in full on contact

That's a terrific idea!

Ice777

Bench
Looking at it you'd have to say there's an element of risk in it, but at the same time there's risk doing tackling practice or any training drills for that matter. It only takes a wrong turn here or there to do and ankle or knee but you still have to train despite that risk.

It says in todays Herald Sun which hasn't got a link that Bellamy said "Physically we won't be working that hard. We've done most of the hard work and we'd like to think we're as fit as any team left in the competition. The focus will be more on the technical aspect of our game" Every effort will be made to avoid injury, we're not going to belt the tripe out of them" he said.

Going by that it won't be that full on anyway, it just looks like they want to refine their game in more of a match day scenario but without the heavy hitting of course. But time will tell and hopefully no injuries arise from it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
sounds like a intence game of oztag type thing is planed
they'll practise set moves, defencive structures and general play, but without the contact

good idea

Azkatro

First Grade
Contact isn't always the cause of injury ... trying NOT to get injured often puts you at higher risk.

Raider_69

Post Whore
fair call, but id imagine its about keeping match fit while minimising the risk of impact injuries, soft tissue injuries can happen anytime, anywhere, you can do your ACL getting out of a car, so there isnt much they can do to minimise that type of injury, but hard tissue injuries to key players, like breaks etc, can be fairly easily avoided

Ice777

Bench
Azkatro said:
Contact isn't always the cause of injury ... trying NOT to get injured often puts you at higher risk.

That's true but like i said earlier you can get injured in a tackling drill or just running so i can't see the risk being much higher then 'normal' training. You can't wrap them in cotton wool, you just have to train to keep the fitness, the skills sharp and just hope they don't get injured.

Latest posts