What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm vs Parrascum- NRL Finals Week 1- CANNOT WAIT!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ice777 said:
Is that right is it? I don't know why you would gaurantee such a thing when it didn't happen a few years back. In 2001 Parra finished minor premiers with 20 wins, exactly the same as the Storm this year. They had 4 losses, exactly the same as the Storm and they had 2 draws while the Storm had 2 byes. Now isn't that a pretty much identical record to the Storm this year? I think even you'll agree that it is.

Your statement was you could gaurantee your crowd average would be 20,000+ if you were in the same position as the Storm which you were in 2001 yet your crowd average for that year was 16,671. Yes that's above the Storm's which you'd expect from a team in the games heartland. But it's also well below your projected gaurantee of 20,000+. So what makes you so sure you'd get that total this year if you were in our position compared to 2001 when you were in our EXACT same position? Was the weather bad that year, was Sydney going through an Olympic hangover? Or is there some other bullsh*t excuse for it?

I had a look at your home averages for the last 25 years and their history for that matter and the highest they've ever averaged was 19,600 in your premiership year in 86. But that was a one off and your next best year in history was 2001. If you want me to post your last 25 years individual crowd i will but right now i'll just say leave it that your combined average for the last 25 years when it comes to averages is 12,565. Do you think that figure is good or just plain average for a Sydney club? ;-)

Actually provide the link why don't youy , because our averages for 86 were along th elines off 20,100 indicitive, and our crowds for 2001 were 18 +

Show us these links...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
2006-14450- 8th
2005-15576- 1st
2004-11760-12th
2003-11262-10th
2002-14089-6th
2001- 16671-1st
2000- 14320-6th
1999- 15873-second
1998- 11709-third
1997- 15647-4th
1996- 11113-11th ?
1995- 8300 ( 3 wins all year)-secons last
1994- 10472- 12th
1993- 12093-11th
1992- 10537- second last
1991- 12141-second last
1990- 15207-7th
1989- 14270-8th
1988- 13140-13th
1987- 15139-7th
1986- 19600-1st
http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/summary.html

I do believe these figures are wrong, as i have an rleague book at home that states Parra's crowds in 1986 were 20, 061....but by looking at these figures you'll see for RL crowds, Parra's crowds are fantastic consiedering no premiership since 86, even look at 91 & 92, second last behind gold coast, yet our crowds rival even back then Storms minor premiership crowds, even though it's 10 years + since, and league support is alot higher these days, add to the fact that Melbourne has 3 million + population, compared to Parra's 250,000+

Ron Jeremy

Coach
and i could guarentee 20,000+ crowds now if we had a bigger capacity. League support is growing every year, thats why i guarentee it.

Also look at 2001, you'll also find that our crowds got bigger in the second of the year as our form in first half was inconsistent.

Storm are 8 points clear as minor premiers aswell, yet getting a crowd of 13,000+ in a state which is described as the sporting capital of the world, plus a pop of 3,000,000 is pretty crap, we were getting similiar crowds when we came second last almost 15 years ago lol.

Ice777

Bench
As i said, you can put any kind of "positive" spin on why Parra's crowds are pretty woeful for a team that have been in the comp for 70 years in the rugby league heartland but it doesn't change that the are very average.

You saying that Parra's population is only 250,000 to Melbourne's being 3,000,000 is just plain dumb and ridiculous on so many levels and i wouldn't know where to start giving you the reasons why. How many people do you think live in Collingwood for example? Lets just say for arguments sake it's 100,000. The Pies have a sh*tload more supporters than that so where do the others come from? Do you think people who live outside of Collingwood don't barrack for Collingwood? Do you think people who don't live in Essendon, Richmond, Carlton etc don't barrack for them just because they don't live in those suburbs? Do you think people who don't live in Parra instantly don't barrack for Parra?

Anyway my point is, generally speaking it means jack sh*t where people live when it comes to which club they support. Collingwood is the most supported club in the AFL and their supporters come from all over Melbourne and not just from that suburb. But if you want to go by your illogical thinking for a minute, if parra has 250,000 people in that suburb, in the heart of league territory where the spport is number ONE, surely to christ it'd be reasonable to suggest you'd get much better crowds than 12,000 odd as you have for the last 25 years ;-)

BTW i think it's you and your book that might be wrong, not that site.

Ice777 said:
As i said, you can put any kind of "positive" spin on why Parra's crowds are pretty woeful for a team that have been in the comp for 70 years in the rugby league heartland but it doesn't change that the are very average.

You saying that Parra's population is only 250,000 to Melbourne's being 3,000,000 is just plain dumb and ridiculous on so many levels and i wouldn't know where to start giving you the reasons why. How many people do you think live in Collingwood for example? Lets just say for arguments sake it's 100,000. The Pies have a sh*tload more supporters than that so where do the others come from? Do you think people who live outside of Collingwood don't barrack for Collingwood? Do you think people who don't live in Essendon, Richmond, Carlton etc don't barrack for them just because they don't live in those suburbs? Do you think people who don't live in Parra instantly don't barrack for Parra?

Anyway my point is, generally speaking it means jack sh*t where people live when it comes to which club they support. Collingwood is the most supported club in the AFL and their supporters come from all over Melbourne and not just from that suburb. But if you want to go by your illogical thinking for a minute, if parra has 250,000 people in that suburb, in the heart of league territory where the spport is number ONE, surely to christ it'd be reasonable to suggest you'd get much better crowds than 12,000 odd as you have for the last 25 years ;-)

BTW i think it's you and your book that might be wrong, not that site.

Agree totally with your reply...Parra just cannot pull a crowd...anyway it won't matter for them after tomorrow.;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
:lol: :lol: You've got to be kidding, every realised why maybe Parra is on ch 9 all the time, even though we may not be playing well:lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach

Have you seen the crowd figures of other sides who have been in the comp close to 100 year's

since 1957

balmain-8457 away 10640
Canberra-11290 away 11086
Canterbury-11180 away 11230
Cronulla-9311 away-10003
Easts-10490 away-10206
Manly-11247 away-11496
Norths- 7818 away-8274
Parramatta-11729 away-11684
Penrith- 9255 away-9366
Souths-9474 away-10592
St George- 9830 away-11978
Wests-7285 away-9460

So considering our limited success, look at our figures to other Sydney sides and you'll see if you're going to critisise our teams support base...then you better start writing a post critisising al the other Sydney sides lol.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
You saying that Parra's population is only 250,000 to Melbourne's being 3,000,000 is just plain dumb and ridiculous on so many levels and i wouldn't know where to start giving you the reasons why. How many people do you think live in Collingwood for example? Lets just say for arguments sake it's 100,000. The Pies have a sh*tload more supporters than that so where do the others come from? Do you think people who live outside of Collingwood don't barrack for Collingwood?

I really don't care, there are plenty of melbourne storm supporters up here in NSW, as i said with a population of 3 million....even though Melbourne is AFL orientated...im sure they can compensate with a pop like that, plenty of ex pats living in Melbourne aswell.

Anyway my point is, generally speaking it means jack sh*t where people live when it comes to which club they support. Collingwood is the most supported club in the AFL and their supporters come from all over Melbourne and not just from that suburb. But if you want to go by your illogical thinking for a minute, if parra has 250,000 people in that suburb, in the heart of league territory where the spport is number ONE, surely to christ it'd be reasonable to suggest you'd get much better crowds than 12,000 odd as you have for the last 25 years

I've provided the figures, and even though League is huge up here, crowds have never been League's strongest point, even in heart lands, but as you have seen...our crowrds are better then other Syd sides present and past, and when you consider our success isn't that great ( apart from the 80'
s) our crowds are pretty good.

stormman

Juniors
Tank30 said:
*Newsflash*
Melbourne fans attend game!!!!
*Newsflash*
:D

Storm last game @ parramatta Stadium vs
R14 Parramatta 34 (7-3-0) 22 (5-1-0) W 11-Jun-2006 Parramatta P.Simpkins 7139

Last Storm home game agianst Parra

R6 Parramatta 14 (3-1-0) 26 (4-5-0) L 16-Apr-2005 Olympic T.Mander 9649

Can someone tell me who attend Parramatta Games?

* queue the Excuses from Parramatta fan(note that i left the S off fans)*

wittyz chick

Coach
Am I the only Eels fan who thinks Fui actually bit Whitey? Oh well

Good Luck Melbourne ... wish I could be there!

Should be a great game!

Ice777

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:
:lol: :lol: You've got to be kidding, every realised why maybe Parra is on ch 9 all the time, even though we may not be playing well:lol:

The only reason why they're on channel 9 all the time is because their fans might watch them on tv, but they never go to watch them at the ground. That's my whole point, you won't get off your arses to go and watch your team hence your sh*t crowds for a team in the heartland of rugby league ;-)

Ron Jeremy said:
and i could guarentee 20,000+ crowds now if we had a bigger capacity. League support is growing every year, thats why i guarentee it.

Also look at 2001, you'll also find that our crowds got bigger in the second of the year as our form in first half was inconsistent.

Storm are 8 points clear as minor premiers aswell, yet getting a crowd of 13,000+ in a state which is described as the sporting capital of the world, plus a pop of 3,000,000 is pretty crap, we were getting similiar crowds when we came second last almost 15 years ago lol.
Obviously you haven't got a clue and are to poor to buy one.

I draw great comfot in the fact that melb Victory draws around 10.000 at OP yet at the Telstra dome attract 40,000.

There are a great Number of people interested in the Storm that counldn't be bothered going to a crap ground Like OP. Even I ensure that I have each match taped so I can see it as the spectacle that it is.

Troll else where where your dim wit is appreciated. Like Leagefreaks forum or somthing. :badgrin:

:sch:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
UndertakerMike said:
Obviously you haven't got a clue and are to poor to buy one.

I draw great comfot in the fact that melb Victory draws around 10.000 at OP yet at the Telstra dome attract 40,000.

There are a great Number of people interested in the Storm that counldn't be bothered going to a crap ground Like OP. Even I ensure that I have each match taped so I can see it as the spectacle that it is.

Troll else where where your dim wit is appreciated. Like Leagefreaks forum or somthing. :badgrin:

:sch:

OMG, that excuse could be used for every side.:roll:

And why would i go else where?, shouldn't you be at bigfooty like all the other farkwits in Melbourne.:lol:

You've probably only been supporting league since 98, and yet telling me to troll somewhere else bahaha.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ice777 said:
The only reason why they're on channel 9 all the time is because their fans might watch them on tv, but they never go to watch them at the ground. That's my whole point, you won't get off your arses to go and watch your team hence your sh*t crowds for a team in the heartland of rugby league ;-)

As i said previously and have shown, if you going to have a go at Parra...you might aswell have a go at all the other Sydney sides, crowds will always be up and down due to results, just like we have this year, but for our average to be 14,000+ considering we were something like 3 and 10 at one stage without a coach, i don't think that's too bad a result, don't you think?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
stormman said:
Storm last game @ parramatta Stadium vs
R14 Parramatta 34 (7-3-0) 22 (5-1-0) W 11-Jun-2006 Parramatta P.Simpkins 7139

Last Storm home game agianst Parra

R6 Parramatta 14 (3-1-0) 26 (4-5-0) L 16-Apr-2005 Olympic T.Mander 9649

Can someone tell me who attend Parramatta Games?

* queue the Excuses from Parramatta fan(note that i left the S off fans)*

Do you really want me to even answer that?, that's is pretty pathetic to sum up two games, in different years, to counter my argument, clutching at straws.

Do you want me to bring up other home and away crowds for Melbourne in the last two years:roll:, actually, lets make it interesting and go back 3 years:lol:.

stormman

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
Do you really want me to even answer that?, that's is pretty pathetic to sum up two games, in different years, to counter my argument, clutching at straws.

Do you want me to bring up other home and away crowds for Melbourne in the last two years:roll:, actually, lets make it interesting and go back 3 years:lol:.

Parramatta has not played in Melbourne this year dumbarse

Are you Tank 30 as well?

Have a read to who i quoted?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
stormman said:
Parramatta has not played in Melbourne this year dumbarse

Are you Tank 30 as well?

Have a read to who i quoted?

Dickhead, did you just not post crowds from the past two Parramatta vs Melbourne games?, and for what reason?, mere curiosity?

f**king tool.

stormman

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
It doesn't matter who you were quoting.

You really don't Get the POINT OF SCARASM because Tank 30 comment were scastic.

READ IT AGIAN AND f**kING STOP TROLLING IN THE STORM SITE

Ron Jeremy

Coach
stormman said:
You really don't Get the POINT OF SCARASM because Tank 30 comment were scastic.

READ IT AGIAN AND f**kING STOP TROLLING IN THE STORM SITE

I don't like sarcasm tbh, it's weakest form of humour.