What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Streaming Finds

Nutz

Bench
But these days, it probably helps hahaha
To a point yes, but most full on wars now and in the future will still be fought on the ground...more urban/gorilla warefare if anything. Look at what's happening now.
If Australia was to be invaded it would start by testing our borders similar to what's happening in our fishing waters by Indonesia then creep over the border into PNG from Irian Jaya then test out Australian waters near Darwin etc.
Noone is going to press the button as they say.

Tigerm

First Grade
To a point yes, but most full on wars now and in the future will still be fought on the ground...more urban/gorilla warefare if anything. Look at what's happening now.
If Australia was to be invaded it would start by testing our borders similar to what's happening in our fishing waters by Indonesia then creep over the border into PNG from Irian Jaya then test out Australian waters near Darwin etc.
I was thinking the invaders would use a drone attack, hit our wifi or power and we are f**ked?

Nutz

Bench
I was thinking the invaders would use a drone attack, hit our wifi or power and we are f**ked?
As long as they don't hit Foxtel I'll be happy.
Then again, going back a few years, how awesome was watching or playing grade footy from the sidelines.

simmo05

Bench
Our geography is our defence. If they come through indo, darwin to Sydney is 3500kms. Best chance would be to try and isolate us from the us and Europe via blockade and starve us into submission. Won't take long as we only have enough fuel stockpiled for 3 months. The usa is our only hope in preventing/breaking through a blockade hence the reason we get on our knees every time they unzip

The Japanese investigated the possibility of land invasion of Australia in WW2, they believed that even if they made a successful landing it was going to be a logistical nightmare keeping their troops supplied which is why they opted for trying to control the water to blockade us. That is the only way Australia would ever be successfully subjugated by a non-nuclear option.

Nutz

Bench
The Japanese investigated the possibility of land invasion of Australia in WW2, they believed that even if they made a successful landing it was going to be a logistical nightmare keeping their troops supplied which is why they opted for trying to control the water to blockade us. That is the only way Australia would ever be successfully subjugated by a non-nuclear option.
Most countries would suffer from sanctions of trade. Japan and China need us to supply natural resources and livestock etc. The draw back is if we did deny those countries our resources it would harm our economy as well.
In a way we are very lucky to have allies in the Commonwealth and the US to be a deterrent for countries like Nth Korea to push the button. Our major cities are miles apart too to make an invasion highly unlikely.
As I said in a previous post, the type of conflict that we could face would be protecting our fishing waters and ports and in the worst case urban warfare and terrorism in coastal areas.
When I was in the military there was a definite focus in special forces operations if things like this escalated.

Latest posts