What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strike 2 to Hook ?

Pro Dragons

Juniors
If Griffin considers JDB the best leader on the field and wants him as captain it should have happened. Coaches careers live and die on results. If his decisions are being white anted by power brokers within the club the team may lose confidence in him and he may lose his job on the back of other people’s decisions. For many the jury is still out on Hook. What I do know before BBQ gate we were in a good chance of making the 8 when many so called experts from the media were tipping us for the wooden spoon. I say in 2022 let him be the sole decision maker on team selection and then we can gauge if he has what it takes to get the club back to being a premier force.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Were you expecting us to beat the Roosters? You must not have watched us play since magic round!

Not sure how losing to one of the best teams in the comp justifies sacking a coach who is cleaning the mess up in his first year.

I was expecting better. Apart from Tedesco we looked pretty evenly matched on paper. Roosters aren't that good - they are missing a lot of their first pick players, they only beat Brisbane by 1 point (and were gifted that by the ref), and they lost to a Panthers side missing Cleary and Luai.

Roosters aren't one of the best teams in the comp at the moment. They are beatable, we are just not good enough. Is that coach or players? Not saying we should sack the coach but we don't look like a well coached side.

redv13

Bench
I was expecting better. Apart from Tedesco we looked pretty evenly matched on paper. Roosters aren't that good - they are missing a lot of their first pick players, they only beat Brisbane by 1 point (and were gifted that by the ref), and they lost to a Panthers side missing Cleary and Luai.

Roosters aren't one of the best teams in the comp at the moment. They are beatable, we are just not good enough. Is that coach or players? Not saying we should sack the coach but we don't look like a well coached side.
Bbq killed us. No bbq= semi final footy. That can’t be put on Hook. Reassess next year.

Crush

Coach
I totally understand all the pc stuff re Jack but if you look at their games today I’d say that Hook was probably right. I expected Sims to be pumped after having the honour of captaining this great club but he was MIA & not for the first time. 😩😩😩
Sims was poor, very disappointed in his attitude today. Bench player next year if he’s lucky the way he is going.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I totally understand all the pc stuff re Jack but if you look at their games today I’d say that Hook was probably right. I expected Sims to be pumped after having the honour of captaining this great club but he was MIA & not for the first time. 😩😩😩
100% agree. This is a sport after all and in my opinion the best leaders lead by example which De Belin did today and Sims did not.

redv13

Bench
Sims was poor, very disappointed in his attitude today. Bench player next year if he’s lucky the way he is going.
Sims will bounce back with the incoming beef next year. Too many marshmallows not pulling their weight this year. I feel sorry for Sims and JDB. There’s a few there in the pack not earning their contract $$$

redv13

Bench
They were never going to make it after losses to teams like the Tigers and Bulldogs, and facing an extremely tough last six games. The BBQ didn't end their season, it just indicated they didn't care how it did end.
I respectfully disagree. When shit hit the fan there was 8 games to go. With all the staggered suspensions, constant media pressure and the sacking of our best prop, we lost our way badly and the ability to pick our best 17 on a consistent basis. 3 wins out of the last 8 would have been enough to play finals

Trifili13

Juniors
Let's face facts that we are simply not good enough. Yes bbqgate impacted our season towards the end but if we had shared the points with the Tigers and Sharks and also beaten the Dog's like every other team has basically managed to do we would be sitting on 24 points and all but guaranteed in the semis.

redv13

Bench
Let's face facts that we are simply not good enough. Yes bbqgate impacted our season towards the end but if we had shared the points with the Tigers and Sharks and also beaten the Dog's like every other team has basically managed to do we would be sitting on 24 points and all but guaranteed in the semis.
Hard to argue. Most teams lose a few games they should win. Tigers, Dogs and Sharks seem to trouble us most seasons so those games are never a certain 2pts. Similar to Newcastle, Brisbane and Manly, we tend to win the majority of those fixtures

since77

Juniors
Sims will bounce back with the incoming beef next year. Too many marshmallows not pulling their weight this year. I feel sorry for Sims and JDB. There’s a few there in the pack not earning their contract $$$
I hope you’re right about Sims but our entire forward pack has been a pathetic embarrassment most of the year. They’re as soft, maybe softer than the pack Willie Mason once famously sledged. As it stands there’s probably not one forward in that pack I’d be upset about never seeing play again in a Dragons jersey. I desperately hope that some of those new forward recruits for next year help turn things around.

JDB has been our best forward. By a mile. McGuire has been good. And Lawrie. And Bird when he played SR. Other than that it’s pretty much all rubbish.
Add Su’a and Molo and Burgess and these guys get even better.
Staying positive for ‘22