What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strong rumour re Tim Sheens

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I heard a rumour that the Dragons have stitched up Tim Sheens for 2009. Browny will coach next season and Sheens the one after.

Can anyone confirm if they have heard the same thing?

If it is true that would be awesome.

The Preacher

First Grade
I don't know if I feel good, bad or indifferent about this. I don't know if Sheens is as good as made out.
Was the Tigers '05 win because of Sheens, or the naturally talented, unpredictable play of Benji & Co.???
Was The Raiders "Golden Era" due to Sheens or an amazingly talented roster ???
Was Sheens unsuccessfull at NQC due to no cattle on the park, or bad coaching???

I just don't know if he would be a good coach for Saints, and I don't really know if I want Brown to go.

I think I'm going crazy :crazy:

big pat

Coach
The Preacher said:
I don't know if I feel good, bad or indifferent about this. I don't know if Sheens is as good as made out.
Was the Tigers '05 win because of Sheens, or the naturally talented, unpredictable play of Benji & Co.???
Was The Raiders "Golden Era" due to Sheens or an amazingly talented roster ???
Was Sheens unsuccessfull at NQC due to no cattle on the park, or bad coaching???

I just don't know if he would be a good coach for Saints, and I don't really know if I want Brown to go.

I think I'm going crazy :crazy:
a couple of beers at Lunchtime will stop that craziness preach.

RedVDave

First Grade
drake said:
Tim Sheens, most overrated coach IMHO.
But at the end of the day he has still won a premiership, also I dont mean any disrespect mate but I don't think this rumour has any truth to it all, was'nt it quoted in the paper some months ago that he was going to the Roosters?

big pat

Coach
if st george had any balls dave they would of got rid of brown, and chase after daniel anderson, spineless bunch of turds our board.

Hahahah. Enjoy the myth that is Tim Sheens and his gnome like Penriff sidekick sizzler simmons. Hahahah. If you think Brown is sh*t wait til Tim arrives at Carlton. Tim Sheens since 1996 has a sub 40% win record. FACT. With the tigers he has a 44% win record. FACT. He has made one finals series since 1996. FACT. We were blessed/lucky/planets aligned we won a comp with this f**king clown. Can you please do us a favour and take the past it myth for next season ?

Royce Simmons has been known to formulate defensive strategies at penriff sizzler on thursday nights. I would say Sizzler in the St George leagues car park are behind this move. You should all check out some stats in the tigers forum about sizzler simmons' sides' defensive abilities when he has been head coach or defence coach. If we throw in a slice of cheesy toast can you please take the pair now

Collateral

Coach
Would love to see Sheens have a go at the Dragons, as long as it is not at the expense of Rangi Chase.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rangi will be fine, It's all the promising juniors you may have, especially halves.

He doesn't like them

He does like second rowers though, if he doesn't have any, or can't buy any, he'll just turn current players into second rowers. Props, Locks, Centres, Five Eighths, Hookers, Wingers, you name it, they'll end up in the back row

And players from Penrith

He will flick Rangi quick smart .. like he did at the Tigers and pick Jason Nightingale at 5/8. The man is an utter clown, an overrated, past it myth is a coach and a head strong, stubborn, blinkered fool with regards recruitment, retention and selection. He makes Craig Coleman look like Vince Lombardi

Godz Illa said:
I'm gonna co-sign drake's post. Sheens is a myth.

When was the last time Saints signed an experienced coach? Not in my life time! Brian Smith had done nothing with Illawarra and won nothing in a little stint at Hull, Rod "Judas" Reddy had only coached our reserves, Craig Young likewise. David Waite came from Newcastle where he started - we replaced him with Farrar and he was followed by Brown... nuff said.

Yeah I'd give Tim Sheens a go. He's won four Premierships and has coached sides from Canberra to Cairns. And if he's actually willing to leave Wests for us then it shows not only is he hungry to achieve more but it suggests that he regards coaching a club like St George as an honour. Or perhaps we should just throw it over to Mary?

Simmons is on the phone to doust now asking if the open buffet at Carlton Sizzler is free at lunch and dinner. It will be the deal maker or breaker

gregstar

Referee
why can't the rumour mill connect bellamy or gould or barry manilow or little patti or jim nabors or herbert birdsfoot or a small door stop with us for once?

Godz Illa

Coach
Follow Me Up To Carlton said:
When was the last time Saints signed an experienced coach? Not in my life time!
Ted Glossop - an example of when experience is not in direct proportion to quality. Chris Anderson this year with the Roosters is another example.

big pat

Coach
Follow Me Up To Carlton said:
When was the last time Saints signed an experienced coach? Not in my life time! Brian Smith had done nothing with Illawarra and won nothing in a little stint at Hull, Rod "Judas" Reddy had only coached our reserves, Craig Young likewise. David Waite came from Newcastle where he started - we replaced him with Farrar and he was followed by Brown... nuff said.

Yeah I'd give Tim Sheens a go. He's won four Premierships and has coached sides from Canberra to Cairns. And if he's actually willing to leave Wests for us then it shows not only is he hungry to achieve more but it suggests that he regards coaching a club like St George as an honour. Or perhaps we should just throw it over to Mary?
you are still only a young pup fmutc, because in my life time saints have had a couple of excellent coaches,roy masters,harry bath,but you are right st george keep getting franklins coaches you know cheap and no frills.

Latest posts