What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strong Rumour

It has been posted on nzwarriors.com that Vinnie Anderson is set to be released to play for the Bradford Bull. The poster has a reliable source and has been pretty much on the money about most things. He says Kemp said that he would struggle to find a place for him in the team and that he could go elsewhere if he wanted. Kemp told him before he left with the Kiwis

Believe it or not if you will but my way of thinking is that he is gorn. Francis at centre in the trail will be interesting

carlnz

Bench
This is bullshit if true...Vinne was one of our best last year and on the Kiwi tour..seams all is not good at the Warriors camp AGAIN!

SPoke to a promising player who was offered a contract from Kemp...after a while he tore it up because the warriors keep stuffing him around...cant wait for them to sign with another NRL club and turn around and bite them in the butt!

Let Tony Martin go he is crap...he can even kick!

Skinner

Coach
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
It has been posted on nzwarriors.com that Vinnie Anderson is set to be released to play for the Bradford Bull. The poster has a reliable source and has been pretty much on the money about most things. He says Kemp said that he would struggle to find a place for him in the team and that he could go elsewhere if he wanted. Kemp told him before he left with the Kiwis

Believe it or not if you will but my way of thinking is that he is gorn. Francis at centre in the trail will be interesting

If this had come from anywhere, except that very reliable source,
I would give it the rasberry, but this guy on nzwarriors is too right
too often.

I guess rumours have been circulating since last year around Vinnie's
future, with Manly, amongst others, being mentioned.

The Anderson family are a very tight unit so I guess I'm surprised
that it may be the UK he is going to....just pondering the thought
as to how long before little bro may head off as well.

Getting a bit ahead of myself I guess.

Cheers
Skinner

ozbash

Referee
hope he stays and if anyone is to go it should be our kicking t , martin as carl said.

silly time of the year to let a forward go i reckon, we may seem to have a few too many but it only takes a couple of semi serious injuries and we are light.

wait till after we win the g/final muck. :D

Iafeta

Referee
There have been many rumours that haven't come true from that and other sites. If you believe everything that everyone says is from my best mate who is a Warrior, or my cousin who's the coaches uncle you'd be crying a river. Vatuvei would be gone, that apparently was without a doubt true, Louis Anderson would be in Leeds, Stacey Jones at Hull, etc. etc. Apparently according to that source Matt Rua has been introduced to the boys two months ago and is training with the Warriors - except he's yet to forego his contractual obligations with Canberra so isn't yet able to participate with the Warriors. I'm not sure how Vinnie Anderson can go to Bradford, I mean isn't he already at Manly? :roll:

The other thing, the various UK forums go bananas on the news of Warriors going up there, there isn't even a bo-beep from Bradford regarding Vinnie Anderson. Given that they couldn't sign Gareth Ellis due to where they sit in regards to the cap, and even had to mull over losing Robbie Paul and others to accomodate him, and that the Bulls cap would only be growing by the year with their rep caps and consistent success, I'd love to see what paper bag they'd be paying him in.

6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other, I'll wait until I hear someone with a bit more officialdom before I believe it.

Robster

Bench
its a bit fishy why he's not playing in the trail on sunday, I guess people will wait and see if Vinnie is at the Warriors Fan day coming up.

Skinner

Coach
Yeah, I dunno what's going on, but Vinnie is very much a journeyman, a
work horse type player, very much in the mold of Logan Swann. Not flashy,
but pretty damn reliable. The kind of player that I would definitely want in my
side.....and....if there's a sniff of something on...he'll score a try.

I don't think there is too many other outside backs in the squad that I would
describe similarly.

Cheers
Skinner

Iafeta

Referee
Robster said:
its a bit fishy why he's not playing in the trail on sunday, I guess people will wait and see if Vinnie is at the Warriors Fan day coming up.

Then again, the Warriors didn't have to post a reason as to his non selection, but chose to.

They could have simply not named him and not mentioned him at all, but they made a special point of it.

"Centre Vinnie Anderson was another not considered due to a viral infection while hooker Tevita Latu and back-row forward Sione Faumuina aren’t ready to play yet after shoulder operations last year"

Why worry about it if he's not at the club anymore?

I'd put more creedence to it if he doesn't make the second trial. Coincidentally, my second cousin once mowed the lawn for the next door neighbour of the cousin of the uncle of Stacey Jones and he told me he's brought a car in Hull - we've all heard it before, we'll wait and see something more concrete I'd suggest before jumping on the bandwagon either way.

Skinner

Coach
Iafeta said:
Robster said:

Then again, the Warriors didn't have to post a reason as to his non selection, but chose to.

They could have simply not named him and not mentioned him at all, but they made a special point of it.

"Centre Vinnie Anderson was another not considered due to a viral infection while hooker Tevita Latu and back-row forward Sione Faumuina aren’t ready to play yet after shoulder operations last year"

I'd put more creedence to it if he doesn't make the second trial. Coincidentally, my second cousin once mowed the lawn for the next door neighbour of the cousin of the uncle of Stacey Jones and he told me he's brought a car in Hull - we've all heard it before, we'll wait and see something more concrete I'd suggest before jumping on the bandwagon either way.

You may be right Iafeta but I've got a lot faith in WK7....over the years
it has been extremely rare for him to be wrong...and don't forget, he
was never a part of any Stacey rumour 8)

Cheers
Skinner

Iafeta

Referee
Skinner said:
Iafeta said:
Robster said:

You may be right Iafeta but I've got a lot faith in WK7....over the years
it has been extremely rare for him to be wrong...and don't forget, he
was never a part of any Stacey rumour 8)

Cheers
Skinner

There was a very good point raised on the other forum.

If Tony Kemp had told him prior to the UK Tour that he was gone, and not wanted - why did he return to pre-season training with the Warriors. Why are they paying him the extra three months? Why have Tony Kemp and co wasted their time on him? If he had already signed with Bradford, not only why isn't it announced but why is he back down under and not just for a fleeting visit either?

Too many variables for my liking - too much getting carried away and emotional with the rumour too. While the rumour mill may have been spot on in the past (and even that isn't true, the Matt Rua one hasn't come true yet), it is still only a vague rumour and nothing more at this stage.

AliN

Live Update Team
ditto there, and time will certainly tell as they say on the big jobs

The more i think about it the more questions i have. The Esl starts this weekend if not next doesnt it. Why would he do his preseason training over there.

Also the management got it wrong last year over trying to hide things or not releasing stuff, why would they start doing that again after what happened last year.

The again the poster is pretty reliable so looks like its a wait and see approach

carlnz

Bench
Tony Martin has to go before anyone else at the club!! The guy has been a dud buy, where as Vinnie for me was up with the best players last year...always making over a 100 metres per game, strong defence....

I wont believe it till its a media release by the Warriors....

NZ Warrior

First Grade
WhoKnows7 is probably the dude that mows the lawns @ Ericsson Stadium. So he probably thinks he hears a lot of stuff.

I could probably just fit Vinnie in my 17, but I find he is a bit too one dimensional. I agree he does a lot of work, but it's not going to be that easy this season to get a spot just because you're a workhorse. We have a few too many players who are starting to fit that category now. The Koopus, the Bethams even his bro Louis is getting in there.

If we lose him, it'll be a shame. But what good is a Kiwis player, if he is resigned to playing in The Bartercard Cup???

Auckland4ever

Juniors
I respect Vinnie, he's a gutsy player & is generally a really good defender, but I'd still like to think we'd be able to field a more complete center than him, sooner rather than later. Hopefully the rumour isnt true & he spends this season fighting it out for a spot in the forwards (or in the centers if noone steps up).

I'd have to agree that Tony Martin was a dud buy going on what he offered us last season, but on the other hand, unlike V Anderson, he's not been part of a confident, winning Warriors team. I dont think last season is necessarily a true reflection of what he can do at his best. He also spent time on the wing, which was just about as ridiculous as Vinnie playing standoff for the Kiwis. I'm not saying that Martin is the answer at centre, I'm just not so desperate as others to see him given the boot, not yet anyway. Lets hope we get to see how he performs in a performing Warriors side.

Phillips

Referee
on another note....i heard Shontayne Hape was injured and may be out for some time, so i can see why the Bulls might be interested in him :-k

carlnz

Bench
Put him in Bartercard then if there is no room, at least when injuries happen we have a player who has played nearly 50 NRL games waiting to jump in.

Or he should kick ass in BC and putt pressure on Toopi, Martin to preform or get drop...

Why do I get the feeling that we just let people go for the hell of it!! We need to create competition between the players so they know there are players in BC that are just waiting to pounch on there postion in the team.

And the fact he can play both backs and forwards makes him a very very hand asset

Latest posts