What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strongest Player In Nrl

BWNB

First Grade
RainMan said:
Brett Hodgson

You are entitled to your own opinion but i really dont think Brett Hodgson would make an appearence in the top 10 strongest men of league.

Finchy

Juniors
i thought i'd read some where that pound for pound orford is the strongest in the nrl

Ice777

Bench
This quote taken from the current edition of League Week from the Storm's strength and conditioning coach.

"Antonio Kaufusi is definitely the strongets and most powerful guy at Melbourne"

*Edit* So ok, i'm a bit late by a couple of posts :lol:

Extract from article from Monday March 26, 2007:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10430843

For instance, the Roosters' Chris Beattie was listed as the NRL's strongest man, after he bench pressed 180kg. For you prehistoric rugby nuts, this is the equivalent of bench pressing 2.4 Terry Wrights in the old money.

It was even reported that Manly's Kylie Leuluai, of Auckland origins, had performed three bench presses of 220kg - which translates into 2.93 Terry Wrights - prior to the 2006 season. I repeat - 2.93 Terry Wrights times three.

But wait. There was more, in the form of speed test results and skin fold assessments that would shake you to the core. People love this sort of stuff.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I believe Sonny Fai at the Warriors had the biggest bench press number in the pre-season tests, followed by Chris Beattie. Scariest thing about Fai though is that he's only 18!!

Frederick

Staff member
Lowdown said:
suprisingly, Quinn go close.
I'm not surprised. Quinn was always a strong little bugger. You watch him during a game, it's not often that he's actually tackled to the ground. He'll have two or three defenders on him trying to get him to ground,yet he'll still stay on his feet.

sherrinator

Juniors
carl webb would be definitely up there in strength but he'd be far and ahead of the pack in the fighting category.

Danish

Referee
sherrinator said:
carl webb would be definitely up there in strength but he'd be far and ahead of the pack in the fighting category.

Yep. Sure knows how to hit a man looking the other way :sarcasm:

Latest posts