What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suaalii

Walpole

Juniors
I really don’t get the Dufty hate..

He’s really come out of his shell this season..

Topped the try assists..

Equal top tryscorer..

2nd best in the squad for line breaks..

3rd best for tackle breaks..

If that’s a bad player, give me more of them.
Agreed. Dufty provides more in attack than anyone else we've got and with good coaching and direction his deficiencies can be addressed. He had a good season this year but for some people constant whinging is their default position. It's impossible to see any good when they're convinced he's shit. Anyway, fullback is Dufty's spot to lose next year and thankfully, gibberers on an internet forum have got no say in that,

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Going with your thinking, one would think that Bellamy would snap up Dufty if he was available. So why not swap JAC for Dufty. New contracts offered to each player from 1 Nov on.
But then you’ve gone and swapped a good fullback for a winger.

Who would we have play no1?

Perhaps Robinson would swap Tedesco for Ravalawa?

redv13

Bench
How’s that wrong? You’ve just confirmed he played fullback, like I said.

But kudos to you. It takes a certain level of dedication to trawl through 20 weeks of opposition team lists to try and win the Internet.
Yep standard Orangeman! You love to twist words and move the goal posts when someone shows you up. If your going to paint a picture for Dufty about how good he is at this that and the other then why don’t you put all his stats on here. How about you discuss dropped bombs, knock on’s from kicks, failure to contest bombs, missed tackles, poor fb positioning etc. I don’t have a hatred for Dufty at all but I’m honest enough to know that for every try he scores or set up’s there is a dropped bomb or 2 tries conceded from his errors.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yep standard Orangeman! You love to twist words and move the goal posts when someone shows you up. If your going to paint a picture for Dufty about how good he is at this that and the other then why don’t you put all his stats on here. How about you discuss dropped bombs, knock on’s from kicks, failure to contest bombs, missed tackles, poor fb positioning etc. I don’t have a hatred for Dufty at all but I’m honest enough to know that for every try he scores or set up’s there is a dropped bomb or 2 tries conceded from his errors.
Who’s twisting anything?

I said of all the blokes who’ve played fullback this year. That post is still there.

Drinkwater is one of those who played fullback.

So’s Norman.

So’s Lomax (btw he made more errors this year than Dufty).

It’s funny how when Lomax’s rate gets listed, some folk look for any way to minimise the large figure, but when Dufty gets listed, people look for ways to maximise the smaller figure.

That’s simply personal bias coming into play.

If you have concerns with the accuracy of the numbers that fox sports have on their website, you should probably take it up with fox sports rather than me..

redv13

Bench
Who’s twisting anything?

I said of all the blokes who’ve played fullback this year. That post is still there.

Drinkwater is one of those who played fullback.

So’s Norman.

So’s Lomax (btw he made more errors this year than Dufty).

It’s funny how when Lomax’s rate gets listed, some folk look for any way to minimise the large figure, but when Dufty gets listed, people look for ways to maximise the smaller figure.

That’s simply personal bias coming into play.

If you have concerns with the accuracy of the numbers that fox sports have on their website, you should probably take it up with fox sports rather than me..
Thank god Blake Lawrie didn’t play a game in the 1 or he’d be classed as a fullback too. I don’t have an issue with the stats from fox sports, the issue is with the wanker using them. That’s you buddy boy. You love dishing out crap on here but you can’t take it at all!!
I’m not trying to make Dufty look bad, he does that all by himself. Also there is a difference between Lomax errors by efforts ( attempting to catch attacking bombs for tries ) and standard fullback errors that Dufty does week after week

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Thank god Blake Lawrie didn’t play a game in the 1 or he’d be classed as a fullback too!!?? I don’t have an issue with the stats from fox sports, the issue is with the wanker using them. That’s you buddy boy. You love dishing out crap on here but you can’t take it at all!!
I’m not trying to make Dufty look bad, he does that all by himself. Also there is a difference between Lomax errors by efforts ( attempting to catch attacking bombs for tries ) and standard fullback errors that Dufty does week after week
You’re awfully worked up over a small matter aren’t you?

And yes, if Blake Lawrie played fullback for one game this year, he would be someone who played fullback this year.

It’s really not that hard to understand.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Well said and all very true. Just concentrate on getting good quality forwards - end of story.
Yeah agree, I will be happy to miss or just make the 8 next year if I feel we are headed in the right direction with youth just as Penrith are now. We are stacked with backs. Not so much the forwards. We need a tough pack to protect the backs while they get ready.

Draginzaaar

Bench
I'm sure you aren't serious; 'half our available cap space'?

My guess is that we are looking at a large sum of salary, say 750k. And a portion of this could be a third party payment, say 300k. So he will take up a similar amount of cap space that Lafai used to do and less cap space than Dugan used to do.
3rd Party Payment........ hahahahahaha

RedVee_8

Juniors
So, Suaali’i is off to Rugby for 25,26,27 to play for NSW & Australia.
IMO he should now be disqualified from playing Origin for NSW or for the Australian team. Free to play for Samoa RL again if selected.

But Freddy says “I’ll pick him!”.

Does the rule of players that have signed for different sports / competitions being illegible for rep honours (and payments) still exist?

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
So, Suaali’i is off to Rugby for 25,26,27 to play for NSW & Australia.
IMO he should now be disqualified from playing Origin for NSW or for the Australian team. Free to play for Samoa RL again if selected.

But Freddy says “I’ll pick him!”.

Does the rule of players that have signed for different sports / competitions being illegible for rep honours (and payments) still exist?
It's handy how being assured selection in a representative squad by a person with close ties to the club doesn't count towards the salary cap.

Latest posts