What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Substitutes

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of talk about this lately.

For mine its a no brainer, if team is down a player you then have an unfair situation. Its all about the fans and teams need to at least have a full team to represent them, this playing a player short is something I just do not agree with.

Its there any other team sport in the work that doesn't have a bench to rotate players ?

One bowler and one batsmen on the bench and either can be the 12th man for fielding purposes.

I’m ok with the replacement rule they brought in BUT the 12th man is the only person who can be subbed in..

Eg in the 2nd test at Lords when smith went down, the 12th man (Mitchell Starc) would have been subbed in rather than the “like for like” replacement of Marnus Labuschagne..

It would make the 12th man more of a strategic role in the team this way, rather than a “you just missed out now watch us play cricket for 5 days and think about it” role..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If it was a 12th man only sub The Bison would be our permanent 12th man.