What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions Thread for Next Year's Version

strong_latte

Juniors
Mario said:
agerules13 said:
is the going to be a new nrl game on ps2 or isnt there

There is no definitive news on the matter at this time.

I think mario is beging to enjoy his role of ambiguous statement making... There is obviously going to be a sequel everyone, to not capitalise on the huge success of SJRL and make a sequel would be a seriouse hinderance to sidhe. Sure they can focus on other projects aswell so as not to "put all their eggs in one basket", but for them to throw away the proven formula aswell would just be silly...
I'd say that if work has begun, then it's not in full motion and that they are just trying to give themselves more time to finish off other projects like the PSP stuff etc.

Go_The_Sharks said:
The company that made the rugby league game aren't that good. They won't be able to fit all that into one game

Well they created my favorite game of all time, which im still playing daily a year after it's release, so they must be doing somthing right...

God-King Dean

Immortal
I have a simple request for the makers. Make sure when there is a forward pass it is called. My friend did a 30m forward pass & scored off it #-o

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Immortal said:
I have a simple request for the makers. Make sure when there is a forward pass it is called. My friend did a 30m forward pass & scored off it #-o

Very true. The main thing that needs fixing are the refs calls and the tryline area. You should be able to dive for a ball and barge your way over near the line.

Chanandalar

Juniors
What about if a small player goes to tackle a bigger player, you have to tap a button to bring him down, or at least hold him for a while until another player comes up.

Just a thought

joondalup_giant

Staff member
hey guys, sorry about this i know it must be annoying but when is the next game going to be released, i liked the first game but there is definitly room 4 improvements

TooheysNew

Coach
22nd of January is the official release date, however it is subject to change.

*Do not take me seriously - I'm messing around.*

TooheysNew

Coach
Not as yet. The game was leaked in the previous version, and as such no screenshots will be released until mid december.

*Do not take me seriously - I'm messing around.*

Corbin

Juniors
maybe for the nxt rugby league game there should have a option to use a eyetoy to pass the ball,tackle,kick etc

just an idea

simostorm

Bench
Concerning AI, I hate it when your wingers are in the centre of the field and your halfback and 5/8 are out on the wings, I want the halfback and 5/8 more infield so they can spread the ball wide and control the action in field.

Mario

Juniors
Dilmah said:
Not as yet. The game was leaked in the previous version, and as such no screenshots will be released until mid december.

Dilmah, it really doesn't make my job any easier when you spread disinformation like this.

If you are going to make a joke, please make it obviously with smilies so that people new to the board don't get confused.

TooheysNew

Coach
Yeah, fair point. The whole idea was to confuse him - but I'm not trying to make it any harder for you.

Smilies in future. :)

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Another couple of suggestions.

Career Mode:

You start with any player you like even a created one and just control that player. If you are under 21 you will start with Jersey Flegg side, if not in premier league. Each week you find out if you are selected. Then you play as yourself then depending on how well you play and how well you follow the gameplan your form rating will increase and you might get promoted.

Ratings system to be atleast partly based on season stats and performance.