What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sullivan & Hunt halves: a potentially expansive attack

SnowDragon

Juniors
I’ve been saying for years to shift hunt to hooker and play amoune and Sullivan in half’s and let them blossom as a half’s pairing like what Penrith did with there 6 and 7 , sadly the current coach doesn’t have a vision for future his coaching for immediate success to prolong his career
If Amone Gets thru his court case and can play, then I could prioritise as you say. But until then his future is unclear, and as such, I focus on Hunt and bud. That’s why I’d play Amone at 9 to start, then have him to come back to break open the game in last 20. He can fill in in multiple positions, works on his defence, and gains further FG experience.

Even if guilty, he is likely to get only couple of years I assume, considering max 5years. He still has a future, and if he learns can be a long time asset.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
If Amone Gets thru his court case and can play, then I could prioritise as you say. But until then his future is unclear, and as such, I focus on Hunt and bud. That’s why I’d play Amone at 9 to start, then have him to come back to break open the game in last 20. He can fill in in multiple positions, works on his defence, and gains further FG experience.

Even if guilty, he is likely to get only couple of years I assume, considering max 5years. He still has a future, and if he learns can be a long time asset.

If he's guilty then he'll get immediately punted & no team will give a crap about him.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
I get the mbye selection due to our injury prone players. Imo only one more week with mbye in the team. On the provision sullivan & liddle can get through it injury free, the following week mbye should be punted. We definitely need a relief hooker for liddle, he's very injury prone. Relief hooker should be Amone (to get 1st grade experience into him) or a proper hooker, not mbye.

possm

Coach
I am of the opinion that our halves should be Sullivan 7 and Amone 6.

I also hold the belief our hooker rotation should be Hunt 9 and Liddle 14.

At this point in his career, Sloan is not the answer at fullback, his defense and reluctance un the high ball are a match loser.

Finally, we are still two first-grade forwards short in the makeup of our NRL 13. At least one prop and a left-hand edge forward.

bathtime

Juniors

At this point in his career, Sloan is not the answer at fullback, his defense and reluctance un the high ball are a match loser.

Finally, we are still two first-grade forwards short in the makeup of our NRL 13. At least one prop and a left-hand edge forward.
It seemed to me that Sloan handled most stuff thrown at him in both games this year

DfL

Juniors

🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

justadragon

Bench

You need to give Sloan time possm, he is improving with every game, he should have had a full season under his belt right now but that didn't happen, so I think we just have to allow him some breathing space, yeah sure if he has all this season and there is no improvement then make a decision.

denis preston

First Grade

So you play your 900k a year player as a part timer ?

dragon thomo

Juniors
I have also advocated for Bunt to play hooker in the past, but at the moment i feel he is better suited to partner sullivan in the halves. I believe Liddle is doing alright as hooker, the only change i would make is having Muhulsein sharing with Liddle instead of Mbye unless there is another alternative.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
amone is a handy player

but geese the opposition targeted Ben Hunt kicking for the full 80mins in 2022

Reason Amone really struggles to be a decent NRL kicker and Hunt had to do 99% of the kicking

Sulli the opposite

In both games we looked so much more balanced wiith two players that can kick well in the halves

then add in our 60min hooker and we are making very tricky for the opposition to target and minimise our kicking game and field position

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Good, If he was suspended that would have been Griffin's chance to drop him which I am sure he would with a drop of a hat. Bud was not as bad as people are suggesting in other posts. He he had a hand in the 2nd try. Hunt and Bud are more threatening in attack than Hunt and Amone. I would persist with the 2 for the rest of the season.

blacksafake

First Grade
Good, If he was suspended that would have been Griffin's chance to drop him which I am sure he would with a drop of a hat. Bud was not as bad as people are suggesting in other posts. He he had a hand in the 2nd try. Hunt and Bud are more threatening in attack than Hunt and Amone. I would persist with the 2 for the rest of the season.
After yesterday’s result he may still make him the scapegoat

possm

Coach
Hasler will move Hunt to hooker. Amone and Sullivan will be our halves who will be closely schooled by Hasler himself.

Latest posts