What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sullivan to half Amone to 5/8 Sloan to Fullback

redv13

Bench
Macca has a shit load of heart but once he’s gassed at the 20 min mark the middle falls to shit. Week after week, same thing. I think it’s time that he realises that his body just isn’t up to the speed of the modern day number 9. I think he should call it a day at the end of the season or 2023 will be an extremely ugly and embarrassing fall from grace for the bloke and he doesn’t deserve to go out like that after 300 odd games

Macca has a shit load of heart but once he’s gassed at the 20 min mark the middle falls to shit. Week after week, same thing. I think it’s time that he realises that his body just isn’t up to the speed of the modern day number 9. I think he should call it a day at the end of the season or 2023 will be an extremely ugly and embarrassing fall from grace for the bloke and he doesn’t deserve to go out like that after 300 odd games
Hopefully signing Verrills will make that happen

Mojo

Bench
It really isn't that simple.

You and many others base the above on the premise that Sullivan would add more at halfback than McCullough does at Hooker.

I don't know how anyone can make that assumption with any degree of confidence or surety when as we know Sullivan has played one game of first grade.

It's great to be excited for what a young halfback may bring to the side but how much of Sullivan has everyone actually seen to be sure the above is a gamble worth taking?

It's flawed logic and will remain that until we all know for sure whether Sullivan is up to it or not. If we did the above and Sullivan turns out to be a flop or can't stay fit, where do we go from there?

It's easy for supporters of the team to believe this is the magic bullet or shot in the arm the team needs, especially from the comfort of their lounge rooms. However the fact is nothing about your preferred spine above guarantees the team would be better than now.
Very true. But once Sully is fit we’ve got a great opportunity to trial a few innovative combos. This is particularly the case now we’re definitely out of the finals and we’ve got a mixture of teams above and below us on the table in the final rounds.

And my final word on this, Ben Hunt may have been selected as hooker for Qld in origin, but he played many more minutes at lock with Harry Grant as hooker dummy half. Most of his dominance was one off the ruck, not at dummy half. Much like Cameron Murray, Victor Radley, and Jake Turbo. And that is because he is a half or 5/8. You don't want a 33-34 year old at hooker now in McCullough, so your solution is to put a 32 year old there instead?

Draginzaaar

Bench
Not sure how you figure this mate.

First of all, in the last 15 dally m winners only two have belonged to teams that didn't finish in the top 4. Feel free to fact check that if you'd like.

Secondly the 3,2,1 points are assigned to who the commentators believe to be the top 3 on the park that game across both teams.

So tell me more about how it is a farcical system weighted in favour of a decent player in a crap team?
Why can't they give a out of 10 rating to every player per game. Add them up after 25 rounds. Bingo!

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
If McInnes is out, we have a Old Origin hooker in our squad. I'd play Hunt at 9 with Luke on the bench. Not going to get 80 mins out of Luke. Promote Clune to the 30 and play him in the 6 with Norman 7. Clune has quite a few years experience on the Sailors etc.

Having the best number 7 in the comp playing halfback seems to me to be what would benefit the team the most. Replacing the best number 7 in the comp with a rookie who still has not proven he is ready for 1st grade seems like a step backwards to me. Sign a number 9, leave the comps best 7 at halfback....seems pretty simple to me.
🤣

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
It really isn't that simple.

You and many others base the above on the premise that Sullivan would add more at halfback than McCullough does at Hooker.

I don't know how anyone can make that assumption with any degree of confidence or surety when as we know Sullivan has played one game of first grade.

It's great to be excited for what a young halfback may bring to the side but how much of Sullivan has everyone actually seen to be sure the above is a gamble worth taking?

It's flawed logic and will remain that until we all know for sure whether Sullivan is up to it or not. If we did the above and Sullivan turns out to be a flop or can't stay fit, where do we go from there?

It's easy for supporters of the team to believe this is the magic bullet or shot in the arm the team needs, especially from the comfort of their lounge rooms. However the fact is nothing about your preferred spine above guarantees the team would be better than now.
How will anyone know unless hook gives it try Sullivan supposedly was a much better junior than Ilias from souths and he has done alright because they gave him a shot it's time to change what hasn't been working

slippery5

Juniors
And my final word on this, Ben Hunt may have been selected as hooker for Qld in origin, but he played many more minutes at lock with Harry Grant as hooker dummy half. Most of his dominance was one off the ruck, not at dummy half. Much like Cameron Murray, Victor Radley, and Jake Turbo. And that is because he is a half or 5/8. You don't want a 33-34 year old at hooker now in McCullough, so your solution is to put a 32 year old there instead?
Age is not the issue. Speed is, or lack off