What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sullivan to half Amone to 5/8 Sloan to Fullback

mattchuot

Juniors
A little bit of transparency and communication from the club goes a long way for fans especially during rough times. I do hope the club, Webb and the coaching staff continue to do this because it’s nice to know that they have some sort of direction because lately it feels like we have only been fed bad news and results.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
https://omny.fm/shows/fox-league-podcasts/everyone-expects-them-to-be-nathan-cleary-jamie-so

I hope the link works. This is an excellent interview with Jamie Soward. He gives his thoughts about what is happening with the inner sanctum at the Dragons and the development of the talented juniors. He makes the valid point that not every junior will be the next Nathan Cleary, who has set the bar very high for incoming juniors.

I think this is the article related to the podcast.

True_Believer

Juniors
Yep a great read and Sowie maturing into a future top line coach
Gives a wonderful insight into the reasoning why Sullivan in particular is still a work in progress , but is dedicated , and will be a future top liner for the Dragons .
a must read for most on here
To compliment this you should watch Jimmy Grahams interview with Nathan Brown. He highlights the fact you shouldn't be putting a group of rookies into all of the key positions in your team at once. Also that you need to put the right support into the coach.

Not that it will make any difference for most (as is highlighted in subsequent posts). I'm just thankful nobody on here is coaching the team.

Illusion

Bench
I would prefer to throw them to the wolves, allowed to play their natural game than tell them (Bud) not to make a mistake or he'll get dropped (Brisbane game).
If they were being filtered into games from the bench , not every game but given time to get grade experience I'd be ok with that .... Not give them one game and don't see them again because of mistakes they made but it's OK for the seasoned players to make the same errors every week .....

blacksafake

First Grade
If they were being filtered into games from the bench , not every game but given time to get grade experience I'd be ok with that .... Not give them one game and don't see them again because of mistakes they made but it's OK for the seasoned players to make the same errors every week .....
This ☝️
Why is it up to Sowie to be the one to publicly inform us supporters ?

Dragon David

First Grade
This ☝️
Why is it up to Sowie to be the one to publicly inform us supporters ?
I suppose in the podcast Jamie had to cover many more topics not only about out young guns but the NRLW, Paul Green etc.

It is unbelievable that there has been so much negativity going on with the Dragons, that we hardly hear a peep from Mr Hook himself. Just pre and post game interviews. Yes, I know, it's because no-one wants to listen to his boring drivel!

dannyt

Coach
I love Sowie. Talks a lot of sense, but he left the roosters to play with us because, as a rookie, he wasn't getting enough first grade football.

Yow

Juniors
Repayment for what Dell sees as the ill-treatment of his son by Dragons management.
Dell came out with support for Mary a few years ago but had ago at the Dragons for not giving Tristan more 1ST grade games Mary was the coach if anyone can figure that one out they are a lot smarter than me.

hewi

Bench
Dell came out with support for Mary a few years ago but had ago at the Dragons for not giving Tristan more 1ST grade games Mary was the coach if anyone can figure that one out they are a lot smarter than me.

Love Dell and was sorry for Tristan however bottom line the court case he went thru after JDB was in my opinion the finish of his career despite been found not guilty. Drugs and or alcohol is just trouble for these young blokes.

possm

Coach
Well after seeing O'Sullivan playing halfback for the Panthers tonight, I wouldn't mind letting Hunt choose between playing hooker or leaving. If Sullivan wants to go, then let him go as well.

I think we could be better off signing O'Sullivan and Kyle Flannagan and have enough left in the kitty to recruit some top-grade props; players we desperately need for 2023.

Dragon David

First Grade
Well after seeing O'Sullivan playing halfback for the Panthers tonight, I wouldn't mind letting Hunt choose between playing hooker or leaving. If Sullivan wants to go, then let him go as well.

I think we could be better off signing O'Sullivan and Kyle Flannagan and have enough left in the kitty to recruit some top-grade props; players we desperately need for 2023.
Sorry possm, O'Sullivan of the Panthers is off to the Dolphins in 2023 for 3 years.

BLM01

First Grade

You need to read the press. O'Sullivan following Wayne at the Porpoises.
And both players play 7, you would not get them both to play 7 with Hunt next year

Latest posts