What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sully

Sam

Juniors
Well all you guys that wanted to get rid of him take note.

He stepped up today, played well and assisted in a few tries.

Stuey gave him a wrap on the radio when interviewed as well as a few other players including Gallen.

Let's hope this is his turn around and he can now find the same form he had last year.

b_shark

Juniors
I actually think he blew his chance to step up, in the absence of BK and Dykes. He has reportedly been complaining about his lack of game time and this would have been a chance for him to prove he is more than an impact player. I don't think he did show it.

Dread

Juniors
Thought he was average at best, actually. Ineffectual when he was playing half and made a complete mess of a one on one tackle which let in Clinton's try.

In the absence of Kimmorley and then Dykes, I thought Peachey stepped up the most to fill in the void in the halves. Bird's offloads were impressive too, and Hilder booted a very useful 40/20.

Maybe I need to see the replay... but Sully didn't seem to lift at all today. And how about that grubber into the in-goal that went about 20 metres too deep...

chili pepper

Bench
I thought he was getting better as the match went on. That grubber was a shocker but he got some nice passes away, especially a cracker to Vagana.

I think he is suffering from a lack of game time. But today he didn't try to do too much and once the rusty edges were worn off he played very well.

Great job to rush through and put Mellor onside for the 1st try of 2nd half too.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I wouldn't expect Stuey to say anything against him! He did good things but he's not going to be the answer to any halfback shortage we may have.

His passing from set situations is poor. His one step, shuffle before passing stalls play. Admittedly he may not of been expecting to play half today but he'll have to work really hard on those things if he to ever be a starting half.

On a positive note to please the fluffies, his "spotting" of holes was good and he used his speed to advantage a few times to go through or put others through. His short passing and offloading was good as well.

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
I think thats abit harsh on Sully, although he didnt do anything special, he played reasonably well in a position he hasnt played in for quite some time - that bomb to Bird was gold. Good signs by the sharks though, we were written off without BK, yet without him and Dykes other players stepped up! Damn I wish I had put money on them at $2.70!!!!!!!!!!

Special K

Coach
The Panthers could not handle him.

He was not on his 2004 form but he played well. Every time he ran to the line the panthers had no idea what he was going to do and that ball to Nige was awesome.

I thought that was one of his better games this season but I put that down to game time. But he was defending out wide at stages and was found out.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Dread said:
Thought he was average at best, actually. Ineffectual when he was playing half and made a complete mess of a one on one tackle which let in Clinton's try.

In the absence of Kimmorley and then Dykes, I thought Peachey stepped up the most to fill in the void in the halves. Bird's offloads were impressive too, and Hilder booted a very useful 40/20.

Maybe I need to see the replay... but Sully didn't seem to lift at all today. And how about that grubber into the in-goal that went about 20 metres too deep...

Agreed. Peachey took over as playmaker for sure. The Peach was also great as the last line today.

Most impressive game of the year so far for mine all in all.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Special K said:
The Panthers could not handle him.

He was not on his 2004 form but he played well. Every time he ran to the line the panthers had no idea what he was going to do and that ball to Nige was awesome.

I thought that was one of his better games this season but I put that down to game time. But he was defending out wide at stages and was found out.

Neither did we! :)

I don' think Sully did that much at half, but he didn't do much bad either. Bird was feeding the scrums a few times after Dykes went off and Sully came on, anyone know why ?

Aries

Bench
Bastard_Squad said:
I don' think Sully did that much at half, but he didn't do much bad either. Bird was feeding the scrums a few times after Dykes went off and Sully came on, anyone know why ?
Hilder was in the blood bin for one of the scrums, so sully went to Hooker

SirShire

First Grade
Yeah Hilder was off for a good 10 mins, only came back on inside the final 5 I believe.

Ise came on pretty late too...

chili pepper

Bench
I thought Stevo deserved a run at half when Dykes came off. Especially after his catch and pass in our second try!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Bastard_Squad said:

Dykesy often feeds scrums when BK is playing as well. I believe it is on defensive scrums. Scrums inside our own 20-30. Most of these scrums have a bopper at 6 for a hitup style run. That means the 5/8 has to go somewhere. Usually you'll see Vagana or someone pack as lock and the half out ready to attack.

Seems that way to me.

Latest posts