What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday footy show

mongoose

Coach
Irrelevant mate. We all know sh*t happens, but you don't fill in the time slot with the main competitor to your client.

Imagine Gloria Jeans putting up Star Bucks paraphernalia and advertising if one of their stores coffee machines went on the blink.

Whoever made that decision should get a massive bullocking and or lose their job. It is war between these two sports. Everyone at NINE and FOX should be put on notice that we will not put up with it any longer. I mean NINE don't even have rights to that garbage and they always end up promoting the sh*t out of it.

See below for further proof on how things are going and at the moment we are losing almost every battle.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...d/news-story/eda2cb1d64134621dd9c81c31d9b2b6b

AFL BOSS ON NSW MISSION

The AFL continues to march into rugby league heartland in Sydney.

AFL boss Gill McLachlan was in town last week for talks with Premier Gladys Berejiklian and government ministers.

Topping his wish list is more ovals across NSW with four posts instead of two.

Participation numbers — especially among women — are taking off.

“We got a terrific reception — the Premier was great,” McLachlan said, “The agenda for us is community facilities in Sydney. It a huge issue. We have outgrown the space. There are not enough ovals for us. We’ve actually got a waiting list for clubs and players.”

McLachlan says the return of Buddy Franklin for the Swans this weekend will further lift the profile of AFL in Sydney. “Buddy is as big as it gets in our game,” he said. “Him and Dusty (Martin) are the biggest names in my time.”

f**k that game is a cancer on Australian sport. League really needs to start working together with soccer...

p.s -Wasn't Buddy Franklin a "superstar" like 10 years ago, don't the Swans have any new lanky singlet wearers the media can talk up ?

Last edited:

davi

Juniors
I'm surprised no one mentioned it but the show has been cut down from two hours to a one hour show. The best part of the show inside the ten has now been scrapped. And they didn't even show any analysis from the Raiders vs Sharks game with only just some highlights.

From the looks the show won't be televised in WA either. Admittedly, I thought the old version may have been a half an hour too long. But I'm not a fan of the new shorter version either. The shorter version could work if they scrapped some segments and just focused on the footy. Player interviews may be harder to fit in, with cutting the show by an hour though.

RedVee

First Grade
I'm surprised no one mentioned it but the show has been cut down from two hours to a one hour show. The best part of the show inside the ten has now been scrapped. And they didn't even show any analysis from the Raiders vs Sharks game with only just some highlights.

From the looks the show won't be televised in WA either. Admittedly, I thought the old version may have been a half an hour too long. But I'm not a fan of the new shorter version either. The shorter version could work if they scrapped some segments and just focused on the footy. Player interviews may be harder to fit in, with cutting the show by an hour though.
Is that only while the NRLW is in though?

davi

Juniors
Is that only while the NRLW is in though?

I'm not sure. You may be right but I can't see it mentioned anywhere. And it wasn't advised of this during the broadcast.

But articles that have mentioned Andrew Johns returning to the Sunday Footy show make no mention of it being cut to an hour. Which makes me think this may only be a temporary thing.