What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday game against Cronulla

afinalsin666

First Grade
Well, since speculating on here the other week over the raiders game, and we lost, i'm gonna go out on a limb and guess sharks by 80.

But seriously, sharks seem to step their game up against good sides. Mel 1-13.

afinalsin666

First Grade
I was at panic stations for most of the game. I don't think i have any hair left.

We need to step our game up before we face a good side, though i reckon keep Sisa and leave out quin. He can't jump and he's not a great runner. Sisa just looks deadly.

Next week is going to be fun.

Molly

Juniors
Cronulla always do well against us. On Sunday it was really frustrating seeing how impotent we were in attack. Cronulla were allowed off their line pretty quickly, and th refs gave them way too much latitude in the ruck. It was interesting to her them talking to cronulla players constantly around the ruck, and blowing the whistle more readily in the ruck at our infringements. Really ironic that we a couple of lucky calls when it mattered though..!

Btw - how was trying to get a park on Sunday, absolute nightmare..!!

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Cronulla always do well against us. On Sunday it was really frustrating seeing how impotent we were in attack. Cronulla were allowed off their line pretty quickly, and th refs gave them way too much latitude in the ruck. It was interesting to her them talking to cronulla players constantly around the ruck, and blowing the whistle more readily in the ruck at our infringements. Really ironic that we a couple of lucky calls when it mattered though..!

Btw - how was trying to get a park on Sunday, absolute nightmare..!!

Park at crown? Easy 20-25 relaxing walk along the Yarra.

MsStorm

Bench
Living in the western suburbs, via Westgate Bridge, we parked opposite the Etihad stadium (forgotten the name of the carpark) for $5 and trammed it to the game. All up from home to the ground 45 mins and no drama.

But it was bedlam around Swan St. with all the events at Rod Laver Arena, Hitense Arena and the afl game at the MCG.

JF_Henson_Hill

Juniors
I was at panic stations for most of the game. I don't think i have any hair left.

I follow the Sydney Swan whos win the day before was even more stressful.

I left the after-match (after waiting an age in a bar at Crown with shit drinks & no seats to see Cam Smith:thumbd:) & was a total mess.Got home and went to bed at 9pm, I was that drained.

Am worried about our forwards. Too many of them were taking 3-4 tackles to get back onside, meaning the backs often had to do the hit-ups in the early tackles. The forwards seemed happy to try to throw miracle balls, even when they weren't making good meterage. I think it was Blair who fired a wonder pass out to nobody twenty metres out from our line.

We look a tired flat team & badly need another enforcer in the forwards so that we stop running sideways to players who are often flat-footed.

JF

Stormgal

Juniors
Hi guys, gotta say spent most of the game screaming@ the top of my lungs. Thank goodness for my Thundersquad membership!!!
The loss to the Warriors was bad enough, I surely didnt want to have to go through that again.
2 points, ugly, but we'll take em.
My gripe was @ the after function. Took some friends who paid the $15 each and with some of the family plus some extra littlies waiting to meet the players.....not one of them except Dane came out to meet the fans. Did I miss something? I thought the players were suppose to come through. There were a few people around us who thought the same thing and were p***ed beyond belief. Not cool Storm not cool. Good to hear Cameron, Danger and Bellamy speak they were the only highlights of the after function, i thought.:(