What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Results

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Kougari Oval Results

Colts - Souths Logan 36 def Wynnum Seagulls 14

A Grade - Souths Logan 24 def Wynnum Seagulls 20

Queensland Cup - Wynnum Seagulls 26 (Justin Hoggart, Brett McPherson, Damien Quinn, Gary Winter, Royce Simms tries; Greg Bourke 3 goals) def Souths Logan 22 (Chris Bax, Aaron Lewis, Jace Van Dijk, Scott Young tries; Van Dijk 3 goals)

Not a great Queensland Cup match with plenty of errors but in the end an exciting finish after Wynnum should have wrapped it up in the second half.

Souths looked to have scored a try after the bell when Jace Van Dijk grubbered into the in-goal and the ball was grounded by a Magpie chaser. Referee Michael Inman consulted his touch judge and Wynnum were awarded a penalty for the player being marginally in front of the kicker. The easy conversion would have given Souths an upset victory.

oxenham

Juniors
XXXX
Are you blokes travelling ordinary at the moment or are Souths a team on the up ?From what I glean the dutch painter goes OK.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Wynnum have been pretty ordinary all season but with reasonable defence have been lucky enough to get home in most of their matches.

They are guilty of constant handling errors and poor options in every match. The kicking game is poor and the attack has little zest about it.

Their for-and-against stands at minus 22 which sums up how they are going. It could easily be none from eight rather than five wins and a draw and a share of third. Sounds a bit of an overstatement but every game could easily have been lost in the last ten minutes - and generally it has been luck rather than good management that's got them home.

People have been saying to me "wait till they click if they're already winning playing like this", but I truly can't see where the improvement is going to come from. I think they lack the necessary firepower to hang on to a top five spot.

Hope I'm wrong.

Souths have plenty of individuals who are strong runners and hard to stop. The Dutch painter is a great organizer and skilful kicker. Hope the Gulls sign him or someone like him for next season. Souths lost the game by having some gaping holes in their defensive line at times, and even Wynnum playing poorly took enough advantage of this to win.