What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunlight edition

shaggs

Coach
Overall, a better energy level. A better amount of contact.
Still a little sideways and didn’t lock it away when it was there to be locked up. Drags were done, 5 minutes after half time.

The defence in the first 40, to limit them to a single try from dummy half was exceptional. It did however highlight that the forwards we have starting the game don’t have the penetration or explosion required, to make big metres. Inversely we were on the back foot and the drags were making 50-60m every set.

1. Moylan. Was pretty good all round
2. Feki some good runs but still not enough involvement. Plus the dumb sideline thing
3. Xerri defensively seemed more sound but drags threw nothing at him. Scored the 3, but still needs to concentrate.
4. Morris. He was Morris.
5. Dugan. Was going well until he was split.
6. Flange goal kicking is balls. Looks awkward. I’m not sold at all.
7. Townsend. Was solid but should have stepped up and talked the game over in the last 20.
8. Fifita ran harder and straighter.
9. Brailey tackles like a demon but his passes are looking worse by the week
10. Prior. Some good, some ordinary. Penalties to keep them in it.
11. Capewell was one of our best
12. Nikora. Did his job
13. Gallen perfect goal kicking

14. Brailey needs to be allowed to run
15. Williams I love him.
16. Bakuya I thought was really good today.
17. Hamlin can’t dexide if he is my favourite or if Williams. Ran hard and straight. Tackled strongly and cleaned up the inside with energy.

Our bench won the game today.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Overall, a better energy level. A better amount of contact.
Still a little sideways and didn’t lock it away when it was there to be locked up. Drags were done, 5 minutes after half time.

The defence in the first 40, to limit them to a single try from dummy half was exceptional. It did however highlight that the forwards we have starting the game don’t have the penetration or explosion required, to make big metres. Inversely we were on the back foot and the drags were making 50-60m every set.

1. Moylan. Was pretty good all round
2. Feki some good runs but still not enough involvement. Plus the dumb sideline thing
3. Xerri defensively seemed more sound but drags threw nothing at him. Scored the 3, but still needs to concentrate.
4. Morris. He was Morris.
5. Dugan. Was going well until he was split.
7. Townsend. Was solid but should have stepped up and talked the game over in the last 20.
8. Fifita ran harder and straighter.
9. Brailey tackles like a demon but his passes are looking worse by the week
10. Prior. Some good, some ordinary. Penalties to keep them in it.
11. Capewell was one of our best
12. Nikora. Did his job
13. Gallen perfect goal kicking

14. Brailey needs to be allowed to run
15. Williams I love him.
16. Bakuya I thought was really good today.
17. Hamlin can’t dexide if he is my favourite or if Williams. Ran hard and straight. Tackled strongly and cleaned up the inside with energy.

Our bench won the game today.

He is playing like a guy under pressure. Some are of his work is getting really sloppy

Saw Gallen give him the stare of death very early

Ads

First Grade
Williams is the perfect Gal replacement. Would leave Prior and Fifi together until Woods returns then I would save Prior for some impact.

wibble

Bench
Agreed, Williams and Hamlin-Uele have been fantastic this year. Hamlin-Uele was unstoppable just after half time, set the tone for the whole 2nd half.

snout

First Grade
Uele does it easy.
Easy.

Their line speed in the first half was pretty impressive. Def meeting us before the advantage.
Ours was slow as.
Its like we are happy to let them come. Conserve energy and we will stop you when you arrive.

I thought Flanno Jr was excellent today
Hes not a johnson an can work on getting more evasive - but he has superior game management skills at a young age.

f**k. Whats our bench when we get full strength. And who starts.
Wood
Feefs
Williams
Wade
Nikora
Prior
Uele
Gal
Capes has to be on the bench
B2 will miss out.

Card Shark

Immortal
Their line speed in the first half was pretty impressive. Def meeting us before the advantage.

I actually thought the dragons were pretty good today, much better than they’ve been.

We had to play with a lot of composure & intensity to beat them.

MilkShark

First Grade

I actually really like him, his goal kicking is not so good but hopefully SJ can take that back.

What I like about Flano is that he is unpredictable, the complete opposite of Chad. And he takes the line on, I love that. I've seen so much more from Flano that I like that for me it is a clear cut decision, he will be our 7.

shaggs

Coach
I actually really like him, his goal kicking is not so good but hopefully SJ can take that back.

What I like about Flano is that he is unpredictable, the complete opposite of Chad. And he takes the line on, I love that. I've seen so much more from Flano that I like that for me it is a clear cut decision, he will be our 7.
Not this season he won’t. After the past month, there is no reason to drop chad. He has been one of teams best.
Flange and Johnson together is not a combo I want going forward this season.

MilkShark

First Grade
Not this season he won’t. After the past month, there is no reason to drop chad. He has been one of teams best.
Flange and Johnson together is not a combo I want going forward this season.
Not this year, prob not next either.

But come the end of Chads contract, I think he will be looking for another club.

coolumsharkie

Referee
1. Moylan. Was pure class, I am Fonzy wrooo, wrooon, wrooong about him. What a difference he makes to our backline.. Bring back SJ and we're back to being a force in this comp.
2. Feki Solid but has had a few derp plays this year, yesterdays was the derpiest.
3. Xerri Disagree with Shagg's viewpoint here, the guy is a weapon.. So quick on his feet and knows where to time his runs like a pro already, handling is a non issue that will disappear over time.
4. Morris. Saviour at the back, I thought he would be a solid signing at best but hello Blues Jersey and deserves it.
5. Dugan. Untimely exit but hey he was 100 times better plonked inside/outside Xerri.
6. Flange goal kicking is balls. Can read a play like a pro, his kicks in play are very good, he still misses out when Sj's return.
7. Townsend. Was solid does just about everything right, he's not a flash player he's more like a percentage player like Kimmorley was.
8. Fifita A lot fitter ran so much better than last week
9. Brailey Looks bigger but slower out of DH n his runs and his passes.. Might be wrong.
10. Prior. The rest will suit him well.
11. Capewell Can wing.
12. Nikora. good game ran some nice angles and showed good pace to run down the intercept.
13. Gallen is Gal, looks to be struggling to get back onside at times.. Father time or too many minutes?

14. Brailey Has more natural skills than his bro.. Still looks like a school kid.
15. Williams I love him
16. Bakuya Getting back to his best
17. Hamlin Punches holes in everything.

bluefox68

Staff member
Re: Flanno Jnr’s goal kicking, he was absolutely on song in juniors, so he definitely has the technique.

It is probably just the mental issue of doing it in front of big crowds etc in first grade...

Long term, he’ll be fine...

Chimp

Bench
Re: Flanno Jnr’s goal kicking, he was absolutely on song in juniors, so he definitely has the technique.

It is probably just the mental issue of doing it in front of big crowds etc in first grade...

Long term, he’ll be fine...

I was wondering if all the tries in Juniors were scored under the sticks..

Inferno

Coach
Just about all the ones he's missed have been trys scored in the corner.

He got the one that counted a few weeks ago.

Weaponhead

Coach
FJ's ball striking is inconsistent. The ball flight swings unpredictably. The best kickers have as consistent strike that ensures a predictable flight.

He needs to improve the strike to be a quality kicker.

Latest posts