What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League jersey numbers

roofromoz

First Grade
I'm just after a couple of player jersey numbers from that year... Rugby League Project has given me most but the following:

- Andrew Hinson and
- Paul Johnson

Also, whilst on Paul Johnson, just seeking confirmation that he is the same Paul Johnson that came from Wigan at an early age and then went back in 1998 to forge a long career at a number of clubs.

Thanks in advance.

murraymob

Coach
cant find either .no player cards for either and there where close to 30 released that year

I'm just after a couple of player jersey numbers from that year... Rugby League Project has given me most but the following:

- Andrew Hinson and
- Paul Johnson

Also, whilst on Paul Johnson, just seeking confirmation that he is the same Paul Johnson that came from Wigan at an early age and then went back in 1998 to forge a long career at a number of clubs.

Thanks in advance.

Gone through the Big League mags of 1997 (Yes I still have most of them ;-))
Hinson is listed as 38
Paul Johnson 26

I can't tell you much on Paul Johnson. I don't know where he came from and all I have down from the 1998 season is he was released from Penrith.

Hope it helps roo.

roofromoz

First Grade
Thanks Buzzard Breath, greatly appreciated! :)

The stats on Rugby League Project for Paul Johnson in 1998 have him play only 1 match (Round 1 v Parramatta) which was on 14 March, and then his first match at Wigan that year was Round 1 v Castleford in early April... so there is a possibility. I'll pose the question in the English sub forum and see what I get.

Thanks once again. :)

Thanks Buzzard Breath, greatly appreciated! :)

The stats on Rugby League Project for Paul Johnson in 1998 have him play only 1 match (Round 1 v Parramatta) which was on 14 March, and then his first match at Wigan that year was Round 1 v Castleford in early April... so there is a possibility. I'll pose the question in the English sub forum and see what I get.

Thanks once again. :)

Thats ok Roo

I think may confuse the situation a little more for you.:)

I found a Big League mag from 1998. Round 8 date May 2 1998. One of my first matches I attended at Penrith and met Brandy after the match, probably why I kept the mag.
Penrith played Illawarra. Girdler starred and Shaun Timmins got sent off late in the match for a high tackle on Domic. That is all I recall from the match.
Back to the mag listed on the bench number 16 is Paul Johnson. He didn't play the match Phil Adamson number 18 took his spot but seems to prove he was still at the club then. Unless Big League had a misprint or there were two Paul Johnsons floating around then.
You may have to do a little more digging.

1998 line up V Illawarra Round 8
If you click on it. It will blow it up bigger.

Attachments

• 1998 V Illawarra.jpg
    1998 V Illawarra.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 10

Blade23

Juniors
Those were the days. The Aeroplaneman at the back, the Falcon starting, Drew & Boyd on the bench and Wise at lock.
Thanks BB for a portal many years ago. I am starting to feel old.

roofromoz

First Grade
Thats ok Roo

I think may confuse the situation a little more for you.:)

I found a Big League mag from 1998. Round 8 date May 2 1998. One of my first matches I attended at Penrith and met Brandy after the match, probably why I kept the mag.
Penrith played Illawarra. Girdler starred and Shaun Timmins got sent off late in the match for a high tackle on Domic. That is all I recall from the match.
Back to the mag listed on the bench number 16 is Paul Johnson. He didn't play the match Phil Adamson number 18 took his spot but seems to prove he was still at the club then. Unless Big League had a misprint or there were two Paul Johnsons floating around then.
You may have to do a little more digging.

Thanks for that.

Looks like it's 2 different players then. I shall continue the digging.