What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League should be a 14 team comp says John Kear

Perth Red

Post Whore
I agree 14 teams play each other home and away plus magic weekend for a 27 round season. By fair the fairest way of running the comp when you have relegation risk.

deluded pom?

Coach
I agree 14 teams play each other home and away plus magic weekend for a 27 round season. By fair the fairest way of running the comp when you have relegation risk.
Still not a fan of an extra game because sooner or later a team will be relegated on the back of that extra game.

adamkungl

Immortal
SL does not need more than 12 teams.
There simply aren't that many clubs that are worth the elite level funding, and the gap in quality week to week doesn't need to be stretched further.
If there's extra money to be spent, close the gap between Championship and SL.

I could accept an argument that there should always be 10 British teams in Super League as its a British comp. But it would come with the caveat that foreign teams should be ringfenced out of P&R, and have separate funding arrangements with the League that take into account their strategic value and future broadcast deals in their countries.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Should be 14 clubs, licenses with 5 year review of license. opportunity for any club outside SL, be it in championship or a new start up to bid for a license at each review. Keeps existing clubs on their toes to develop and gives opportunity to replace dead wood with a better option if it exists.

Pommy

Coach
SL does not need more than 12 teams.
There simply aren't that many clubs that are worth the elite level funding, and the gap in quality week to week doesn't need to be stretched further.
If there's extra money to be spent, close the gap between Championship and SL.

I could accept an argument that there should always be 10 British teams in Super League as its a British comp. But it would come with the caveat that foreign teams should be ringfenced out of P&R, and have separate funding arrangements with the League that take into account their strategic value and future broadcast deals in their countries.

How do you stop clubs from just existing if they’re ring fenced P&R? I understand the logic but if a team is bottom for say 3 years on the trot why should a team potentially 4 places higher get the chop?

Perth Tiger

Bench
Have the SL been discussing what they are planning or thinking do doing about P/R for this year publicly?

Latest posts