What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supporting your local team

WireMan

Bench
Who is your local team?
And do you support them?

Do you think it is possible to support more than one team?

What say the forum?

Personally,

My local team growing up was Warrington town and I do watch them.
My main team is United.

As these teams play in two totally different levels of the game I personally believe it is good and not a conflict (got close this year though!).
Different experiences, different mates.

I would recommend it. No better way of watching sport than live at the ground.
I'm sure we all have a team near us that would love the support!!

thorson1987

Coach
Local team - Wanderers.

Would I support them? f**k no.

Have been a Glory fan since the old NSL days.

Only reason I paid any attention to the A League from the start is because Perth were still in the comp.

ggmu

Juniors
My local pro team is the Newcastle Jets and I do watch them. But obviously I support Man United and they aren't local.

But when it comes to all local teams as in Amateur teams, yes I do support them cause I play for them.

thorson1987

Coach
Yeah when it comes to local amateur teams my mates play for the local club and I played a season for them so I'll go watch a game here and there.

African Monkey

First Grade
My local team growing up is Auckland City FC and have enjoyed every moment of it. Don't live in Auckland anymore but always used to go to Kiwitea St to watch them and still do when I get the chance to. Us coming 3rd at the club world cup last year was one of the proudest moments of my life.

Aston Villa isvmy other football team I have supported since I was a kid.

Haffa

Local team is Easts Tigers FC I take the daughter down to watch their Brisbane PL team most home and the occasional away game.

Chelsea is my other team, has been that way since I was 5, Kerry Dixon was the man at the time. Dad was a Brentford fan so they were always my other other team when we lived in Gunnersbury.

saint.nick

Coach
Local team is Easts Tigers FC I take the daughter down to watch their Brisbane PL team most home and the occasional away game.

Chelsea is my other team, has been that way since I was 5, Kerry Dixon was the man at the time. Dad was a Brentford fan so they were always my other other team when we lived in Gunnersbury.

You're a pom?

Haffa

You're a pom?

Nope. Dad got a transfer to London with HSBC when I was 4, we were there 4 years.

I'm from the Central Coast, born in Gosford.

Grandfather lives in Parsons Green though, he's been there all his life. He's the reason I chose CFC.

Last edited:

Big Sam

First Grade
Do you think it is possible to support more than one team?

Absolutely!

Grew up supporting the mighty Sydney Olympic. Went to a lot of games in the NSL and try to get to Belmore for a couple NSWPL games each season. I don't have an A-League club but have been to Sydney, WSW, and CCM games to support the league.

I think the lower league system in England is great. Nothing wrong with having another team in League Two and below. Excellent that they are protected with the 3pm KOs too.

saint.nick

Coach
Just don't be e.g. a Sydney United ultra and then start supporting the wanderers, they'll bash you :lol:

Haffa

My local team is the Wanderers.

f**k the Wanderers.

I thought your local team would be the Minto Stingers, Campbelltown Cobras or the Camden Falcons.

My mate used to play for the Tahmoor Taipans so I know most of the outrageous names clubs have out that way.

I support Sydney FC because they were the local team at the inception of the A-League. I didn't jump ship to the Wanderers because my football club means something to me and I was taught that when you pick a team you stick with them.

My local team is Glenmore Park Kookaburras.

Jimbo

Immortal
My main team is Chelsea because they would have been my local team for a couple of years in the late 90s

My local team would be the Sutherland Sharks I suppose

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Liverpool obviously my main team, local A League team is the Wanderers but not a big follower of the A League.

Played for Liverpool Robins a few seasons back so still watch the odd game here and there when I get a chance, mainly to watch a few mates still run around.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I thought your local team would be the Minto Stingers, Campbelltown Cobras or the Camden Falcons.

My mate used to play for the Tahmoor Taipans so I know most of the outrageous names clubs have out that way.

Well if we are talking domestic, it would either be Macarthur Rams or Campbelltown Collies.

saint.nick

Coach
In all seriousness, my local a-league team is Sydney FC, but that could change if a southern Sydney team is introduced. Local area team is St George Saints, but I live very near the border between St George and Sutherland Sharks