What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surely their papers are stamped at Panthers .

Port Panther

Juniors
Gus and Barret must have black marks against their names at our club after recent shenanigans and poaching ways .
I for one really hope 🙏 our hierarchy never let them return or release players to them or give any assistance after shitting on us the conniving badstards .

Fangs

Coach
I don't like it but they were always going to go for the best players in the game. We won the premiership in 2021, everyone wants a piece of our pie. Especially the Bulldogs who haven't made the finals since 2016 and won the spoon in 2021.

I never thought we'd see Ivan Cleary back at Penrith again. And in the unlikely event Trent Barrett actually gets a first grade team competing for a title, he might be a chance to return.

murraymob

Coach
There are good people at the club who know what they are doing and always put the club first. They pay little attention to what shenanigans other clubs get up too.
Blade
Have we filled all our roster spots for next year.surly we need a center

The_Frog

First Grade
Gus and Barret must have black marks against their names at our club after recent shenanigans and poaching ways .
I for one really hope 🙏 our hierarchy never let them return or release players to them or give any assistance after shitting on us the conniving badstards .
The signing of Kikau was fair play in my view. We could have kept him, had we wanted to enough. It's when they leave for less that you have a problem. The other business was just fodder for the media.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I have no issue with Kiks going.
The price his managment wanted was far too rich for Penrith's salary cap. So in my mind, fair play.

I read somewhere that the 'dress up' was going to be used as an enticement for other players to come onboard.

Whether that is true or not. I have no idea. I personally think it was Gould wanting to draw attention to himself, rather than the celebration parade the following day.

Iamback

Coach
I don't like it but they were always going to go for the best players in the game. We won the premiership in 2021, everyone wants a piece of our pie. Especially the Bulldogs who haven't made the finals since 2016 and won the spoon in 2021.

I never thought we'd see Ivan Cleary back at Penrith again. And in the unlikely event Trent Barrett actually gets a first grade team competing for a title, he might be a chance to return.

signing isn't the issue.

Getting a photo was. Who would of thought when Burton signed with Dogs that Kikau would be in the colours 1st

mxlegend99

Referee
This Kikau jersey stuff is a storm in tea cup. It doesn't matter.
Bullshit it doesn't

If it wasn't exactly what he and Bulldogs wanted i would want him sacked to be honest. He put it on the pose for a photo with former Panthers Gus and Baz who poached him from us.

Supposedly the photo was to be released at the appropriate time. But there's no appropriate time while he's a Panther. So there's no reason he should be wearing it until he's not contracted to us anymore. They should have waited until he was a Bulldog for that photo op. But clearly they wanted the photo out before that time. Not necessarily now. But clearly it wasn't in 12 months time. Or else they would have waited to get a current photo for release

Iamback

Coach
Bullshit it doesn't

If it wasn't exactly what he and Bulldogs wanted i would want him sacked to be honest. He put it on the pose for a photo with former Panthers Gus and Baz who poached him from us.

Supposedly the photo was to be released at the appropriate time. But there's no appropriate time while he's a Panther. So there's no reason he should be wearing it until he's not contracted to us anymore. They should have waited until he was a Bulldog for that photo op. But clearly they wanted the photo out before that time. Not necessarily now. But clearly it wasn't in 12 months time. Or else they would have waited to get a current photo for release

The Dogs may not have Barrett or the major sponsor still them. So no need yet

Fangs

Coach
signing isn't the issue.

Getting a photo was. Who would of thought when Burton signed with Dogs that Kikau would be in the colours 1st

I don't like it. I didn't like seeing Laurie in a Panthers Jersey either.

It's the new norm. Tribalism is dying a slow death in Rugby League.

Iamback

Coach
I don't like it. I didn't like seeing Laurie in a Panthers Jersey either.

It's the new norm. Tribalism is dying a slow death in Rugby League.

The Laurie situation was entirely different. Just a heat of the moment stupidity.

This was another club organising for only reasons we can speculate to get a player that won't a game for 16 months in their jersey.

I can only remember Lewis and Craig Wing doing it. All those desperate clubs with hungry fanbases at yet. Only happens with someone with an agenda

Pantherjim.

Referee
I have no issues with the way they signed Kiks but quite frankly I think the joke is on Gould and Barret.

Kikau is far to inconsistent a player for 800k a season over 4 years, making mistakes even in crucial games such as both Grand Finals and when he shows up for the Dogs pre-season training in 2023, he’ll be what? 27?

Anyone who thinks that the Dogs got a good deal here, frankly has rocks in their head.

Fangs

Coach
The Laurie situation was entirely different. Just a heat of the moment stupidity.

This was another club organising for only reasons we can speculate to get a player that won't a game for 16 months in their jersey.

I can only remember Lewis and Craig Wing doing it. All those desperate clubs with hungry fanbases at yet. Only happens with someone with an agenda

I know its different but its the same principle. If you are contracted to another club don't wear a different jersey.

There is a clear agenda. It was done to excite their fans and get them invested in the club.

We can debate the conspiracy over the CCTV picture but I'd went my pants if I saw Brandon Smith in a Panthers jersey. And it would encourage plenty of other fans to buy tickets, get a club membership etc.